HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Barron for Liljegren

or mid prospect + 3rd or 4th for Liljegren

Adds a ton of flexibility to our lineup
Liilgren is a dud.

Next fall is right now, so we'll see right?
No. This season he should be on the 2nd line. If laine and Demidov are available next season he is likley on the 3rd unless they try to make 3 scoring line level lines

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I really hope we can land a player like Olivier pretty sure. So that player can take the load from Xhekaj’s shoulders a bit.

Yesterday was a reminder that when X is playing, he’s a solid defender. But now, he has to do it all by himself. Even had to defend Mailloux from Pinto yesterday. f***ing Mailloux, man up, jesus.

Reactions: austin316

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I really hope we can land a player like Olivier pretty sure. So that player can take the load from Xhekaj’s shoulders a bit.

Yesterday was a reminder that when X is playing, he’s a solid defender. But now, he has to do it all by himself. Even had to defend Mailloux from Pinto yesterday. f***ing Mailloux, man up, jesus.

Mailloux was the one who stood up when Hutson got roughed up a few games back. Xhekaj went to visit Pinto in a hurry because he knew he wanted him by proxy.

The real p***y in all of this is Pinto who didn't go to Xhekaj, just wanted to mouth off and 'Hold me back bro'.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Mailloux was the one who stood up when Hutson got roughed up a few games back. Xhekaj went to visit Pinto in a hurry because he knew he wanted him by proxy.

The real p***y in all of this is Pinto who didn't go to Xhekaj, just wanted to mouth off and 'Hold me back bro'.

Still, X needs help from somebody that can handle it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Still, X needs help from somebody that can handle it.

I concur, I just wouldn't blame Mailloux for this instance.

Xhekaj knew the sens were looking for him, he took it upon himself to handle every case.

The sheriff wanted to manage every case last night and he did.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I refuse

Paré did not stick out his knee. Laine's leg was way out there and he did not pull it back fast enough when he tried the deke. Laine says so himself, but go ahead and insist otherwise if you like.
Laine was just diffusing a bad situation, we all know that................did the guy intend on injuring him, no he did not, is what Laine said. Watch the hit again, he did do this on purpose, and he as in Pare admitted there was no way he was letting Laine go by him........................but if you insist in stating otherwise, so be it....
No intent to injure, is far different, than causing the situation.....

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Hopefully the Habs claim Hayden, or make a deal for someone else who can handle the tough stuff and is willing.

People don't like Anderson and it's deserved, but he can handle himself and most of the league, he just doesn't want to anymore.

There's always that hope someone takes a cheap shot on him, but he doesn't get hurt and then freaks out, but that's a lot of things needed to happen for Anderson to actually get involved.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Paré did not stick out his knee. Laine's leg was way out there and he did not pull it back fast enough when he tried the deke. Laine says so himself, but go ahead and insist otherwise if you like.
Pare did stick out is knee it pretty clear on the video regardless of Laine position, that also why he didn’t get him with is shoulder (if he only shifted is weight after bitting on the fake he could have lead with the shoulder) because in is reaction to Laine unexpected cut to the inside he stick out is knee which caused is up upper to rotate to the wrong way. he did not intend to injure Laine but he 100% intended to stick out is knee to try to stop him… Laine mentioned that there was no intention to injure and he also put him shelf in a bad position, that doesn’t take away from the fact Pare stuck is knee out…

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Can Pelletier fight? :sarcasm:

Quick, used to play with some grit, has been strong in a defensive role… the kind of guy that forced defenceman to make mistakes. I haven’t seen much of him in the last couple of years, but he was on track to being a solid NHL player. Heard he’s a great character guy. I think we’ve got too many of his type around though.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Hopefully the Habs claim Hayden, or make a deal for someone else who can handle the tough stuff and is willing.

People don't like Anderson and it's deserved, but he can handle himself and most of the league, he just doesn't want to anymore.

There's always that hope someone takes a cheap shot on him, but he doesn't get hurt and then freaks out, but that's a lot of things needed to happen for Anderson to actually get involved.

Pezzetta is better than Hayden. I just don't see a spot right now. I think we pass. We don't really need bottom 6 players.

Quick, used to play with some grit, has been strong in a defensive role… the kind of guy that forced defenceman to make mistakes. I haven’t seen much of him in the last couple of years, but he was on track to being a solid NHL player. Heard he’s a great character guy. I think we’ve got too many of his type around though.

Yea. I think Pelletier gets claimed somewhere else tho.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Because he wasn’t very good as a D, what makes you think he would be any good as a fwd. Every UFA there are dozens of guys who are actual fess that are better than him.

He was a pretty solid D and could carry the puck as well. Solid stay at home guy. Don't know what you were watching. Also with the criterias I mentioned: size, can play hockey and drops the gloves and are not too old are not legion. You have guys like Oliver for instance but they cannot be regulars. You have guys like Evans but they are short. The classic big forwards that can grind and play hockey and drop them are a dying breed. Hell they have always been a rare commodity.

Obviously we had our D squad in a mush pitt, we had to get rid of bodies but I think Kovacevich would have been the ideal candidate to transition into the type of player I was talking about on the fourth line. That's what I want on my fourth, three monsters that can crash and bang but can also play hockey.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
He was a pretty solid D and could carry the puck as well. Solid stay at home guy. Don't know what you were watching. Also with the criterias I mentioned: size, can play hockey and drops the gloves and are not too old are not legion. You have guys like Oliver for instance but they cannot be regulars. You have guys like Evans but they are short. The classic big forwards that can grind and play hockey and drop them are a dying breed. Hell they have always been a rare commodity.

Obviously we had our D squad in a mush pitt, we had to get rid of bodies but I think Kovacevich would have been the ideal candidate to transition into the type of player I was talking about on the fourth line. That's what I want on my fourth, three monsters that can crash and bang but can also play hockey.
No loss he is gone, there are dozens of forwards available that would be better than him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad