HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It was not instantaneous which is what I was referring to.

It wasn't going to be instantaneous due to the powerplay personnel on the ice.

That wasn't the group that was going to do anything. The players in the line-up that can do anything, took the number and went after him the next time he touched the ice.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It wasn't going to be instantaneous due to the powerplay personnel on the ice.

That wasn't the group that was going to do anything. The players in the line-up that can do anything, took the number and went after him the next time he touched the ice.
So when Greig deposited the puck in the Leafs net it was Morgan Reilly who went at him hard.
Mike Matheson can't do that and show some gumption?
I'm not saying drop the gloves but show some backbone at the very least.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So when Greig deposited the puck in the Leafs net it was Morgan Reilly who went at him hard.
According to many Matheson is new Petry. He did what Jeff would have done :sarcasm:

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

That was an incredibly stupid play by Reilly. Why on earth would we want Matheson to play stupid?

Reactions: BaseballCoach

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That was an incredibly stupid play by Reilly. Why on earth would we want Matheson to play stupid?
I mean, crosschecking someone in the face yeah, but didn't seem like that was the intended target, but if someone is going to do that I hope someone goes after him.

If a hab does that I'm betting someone is going after him.

Obviously it's different if you take a slap shot from far out, but 10 feet from the net... yeah.

It's like asking why players get upset when someone shoots after the whistle, or puts the puck on the net after a whistle.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Who's UFA next summer that fits the gritty, in your face, top 9 forward description that we could overpay to come play in MTL?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Of today's waiver pile, I'd prefer to go for Lundmark if they want a D (defensive RD), or Jaycob Megna if they want a vet.

Asplund, AFJ, Abruzzese or Agozzino for the forwards, but those would be just to get warm bodies.
They are not demoting Struble, nor waiving Barron. Anyone they pick up must stay with the big club. They won't do that unless Xhekaj is being sent down and Mailloux/Engstrom are not good enough for the team yet.

I mean, crosschecking someone in the face yeah, but didn't seem like that was the intended target, but if someone is going to do that I hope someone goes after him.

Obviously it's different if you take a slap shot from far out, but 10 feet from the net... yeah.

It's like asking why players get upset when someone shoots after the whistle, or puts the puck on the net after a whistle.
The net risks injury?

Reactions: Andy

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Would love to add both.

I imagine both get re-signed
Maybe. Guys like Jeannot sometimes get a team to overpay and move on.
Bennett’s a core piece. Not going anywhere.

At some point they should add a player who plays with an edge. When you look at some players who could eventually be the bottom 6 wingers, it’s:
Newhook, Heineman, Roy, Mesar…. Not enough grit, even if you plug Tuch or Xhekaj on the 4th like.

ML16

Aug 28, 2020
Montreal
Why would Columbus trade him??

Olivier vs Dvorak and Pezzetta maybe?

Colombus seems to have a few RWs, but a rather shallower C/LW pool, might be interesting for them?

Dvorak retained at 50% (or 75%, if the Habs intend to keep Savard and retain salary in the initial trade for a 3rd or 4th) could be traded at TDL 2025 to extract further asset(s).

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They are not demoting Struble, nor waiving Barron. Anyone they pick up must stay with the big club. They won't do that unless Xhekaj is being sent down and Mailloux/Engstrom are not good enough for the team yet.

The net risks injury?
I see you still don't understand how hockey works.

Someday you'll get it.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Bennet would be the more skilled guy who plays in your face hockey.

Jeannot is a good option. Mathieu Olivier is also a UFA this summer.
I love Bennett but i can't see him signing for less than 7M$ per with Florida. Imagine what it would cost for us to sign him.

Bennet would be the more skilled guy who plays in your face hockey.

Jeannot is a good option. Mathieu Olivier is also a UFA this summer.
Would take a flyer on Jeannot if not to pricey.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Next years UFA are to far away to worry about.
we all know that most of the big names get resigned or traded, no need to get excited now
And Habs have options in their pipelines. I'm expecting Tuch to get games this season and make the team next year. He's not going to be Sam Bennett, but he's going to be better than the cream puff/glass bodies on the bottom 6 the team currently has.

Anyone amused themselves to count how many games Evans, Dvorak, Gallagher and Anderson missed the last 3 seasons?

Reactions: sampollock

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Meh. Losing control is not a sign of strength, quite the opposite.

Lack of mental toughness has been a hallmark of the Leafs underwhelming performances throughout Reilly's tenure there.

Pre-season is different than regular season is different than post season. Failure to ramp up composure as the stakes get higher is a flaw, not a strength

Yeah ask his tean mates if they thought it was STUPID.

Those who get excellence certainly would, himself included.

The best are the first to acknowledge when they let their emotions get in the way. That it happens is understandable, it's called being human. But I think you confuse fan takes with the mindset of the best elite performers.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I see you still don't understand how hockey works.

Someday you'll get it.
I understand how hockey works.

Morgan Reilly committed a suspendable act, and got suspended.

I also understand why shooting at a goalie after the whistle is both against 'the code' and even sometimes called for unsportsmanlike conduct.

On the other hand, having the opponent score into your empty net to drive a FIGURATIVE nail in your coffin does not cause actual danger to anything except the loser's feelings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad