HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Yeah he does.

Just look at the other night.

People still bitching he cross checked Lane and tried to drive Struble face into the ice. Domi had more fights than wifi last year, just saying, and PMs too. Dude is a shit disturber and does not back down.

Compared to our bottom 6, he’s practically Jason the terrible.
Domi is also 29 and is on borrowed time like Gallagher was three years ago. Let's try to get guys in their mid 20ies instead please. Guy who still want to pay the price for more than a year or two.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Domi is also 29 and is on borrowed time like Gallagher was three years ago. Let's try to get guys in their mid 20ies instead please. Guy who still want to pay the price for more than a year or two.

I get. I’m not saying go get him.

I’m saying they need guys like that. The bottom six needs sandpaper/toughness badly.

For the life of me, I can’t see how anyone thinks this team is tough to play against in any way shape or form.

Reactions: sampollock and LaP

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah he does.

Just look at the other night.

People still bitching he cross checked Lane and tried to drive Struble face into the ice. Domi had more fights than wifi last year, just saying, and PMs too. Dude is a shit disturber and does not back down.

Compared to our bottom 6, he’s practically Jason the terrible. Heck, he would be our best bottom 6 guy.

You can't be serious. Max Domi has no physicality to his game. He has some punk to his game, we saw that in is first pre-season with the Canadiens.

If you think it's tough to cross check guys or sucker punch them, then sure, Max Domi is tough.

But there's nothing physical about his game at all. He's actually pretty soft, and we saw it first hand for two years in Montreal.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I get. I’m not saying go get him.

I’m saying they need guys like that. The bottom six needs sandpaper/toughness badly.

For the life of me, I can’t see how anyone thinks this team is tough to play against in any way shape or form.
We can't have that until we get rid of Armia, Evans, Gallagher, Dvorak and Anderson though. The bottom 6 is already jam pack with vets who are rather soft. We could tell those vets to go home or send them down in the AHL but make no mistake the NHLPA and the players in general will take notice. How you act toward your vets who paid the price is not trivial.

Two of those guys will be gone next year in Dvorak and Armia. I hope 3 personally nothing against Evans but i'd rather have a more physical center on my 4th line. Gallagher and Anderson will remain. I don't mind Gallagher but KH will have to be creative to get rid of Anderson. Everyone talk about how disappointing the kids are this camp but not a lot of people talk about the vets. I get the vets will chill in the camp but pre-season is almost over and what i see from our vets is pretty bad so far,

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What would any of the bold have done to prevent Laine or Redenbacher injuries?

BTW - Luke Tuch addresses both facets and will join the team at some point in the 2nd half of the season IMO
This was an issue long before Laine was even a pipe dream.
Suzuki was getting mugged every night going down the stretch we all saw it yet no one reacted to it.
Maybe things will be a bit different if we get a second line going but I doubt it.
Our success rides on the backs of a few players and those players will get harassed until a line is drawn in the sand and we push back.
And don't pretend for a second management aren't aware of this. They bloody well are.
Even Pierre MacGuire knows this I know people may scoff at him but he's a diehard Habs fan.
"Teams come into our building take a look at our lineup and see very few players that will be hard to play against."
That we don't have a proper balance should be evident to everyone by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: sampollock

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
You can't be serious. Max Domi has no physicality to his game. He has some punk to his game, we saw that in is first pre-season with the Canadiens.

If you think it's tough to cross check guys or sucker punch them, then sure, Max Domi is tough.

But there's nothing physical about his game at all. He's actually pretty soft, and we saw it first hand for two years in Montreal.
Haha, you should watch a leaf game once in a while. None, more fights than Wifi, lol.

And yet when he did both those things not one Hab called him out, not one, lol. Funny thing is, if someone did that to Reilly, I’d bet my left arm if Domi was on the ice he would be right there.

So Max Domi is physical and tough and thats what we need in our bottom six, but Anderson, Gallagher and Pezzetta aren't physical or tough?
Anderson and Gally, 😂😂😂😂😂

Compared those two he’s a freaking monster!! And he would be our best bottom 6 guy by a mile!!!

Almost did a spit take, Gally/Andy, the best!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: the

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
We can't have that until we get rid of Armia, Evans, Gallagher, Dvorak and Anderson though. The bottom 6 is already jam pack with vets who are rather soft. We could tell those vets to go home or send them down in the AHL but make no mistake the NHLPA and the players in general will take notice. How you act toward your vets who paid the price is not trivial.

Two of those guys will be gone next year in Dvorak and Armia. I hope 3 personally nothing against Evans but i'd rather have a more physical center on my 4th line. Gallagher and Anderson will remain. I don't mind Gallagher but KH will have to be creative to get rid of Anderson. Everyone talk about how disappointing the kids are this camp but not a lot of people talk about the vets. I get the vets will chill in the camp but pre-season is almost over and what i see from our vets is pretty bad so far,
Oh, I get they are handcuffed until they get rid of contracts. That’s a problem. But next season they have the space and should start to do so.

Reactions: LaP

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
This was an issue long before Laine was even a pipe dream.
Suzuki was getting mugged every night going down the stretch we all saw it yet no one reacted to it.
Maybe things will be a bit different if we get a second line going but I doubt it.
Our success rides on the backs of a few players and those players will get harassed until a line is drawn in the sand and we push back.
YUP
this has nothing to do with PL going down.
need to have a 3 or 4th line that goes out and brings the sandpaper and work ethic

Reactions: Habby4Life

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
YUP
need to have a 3 or 4th line that goes out and brings the sandpaper and work ethic
I kept pointing out last season the idea behind having these guys in the bottom six is to control play at the other end of the rink.
WE are shit and maybe the shittiest at that. I can't see how that basic premise gets lost on supposed smart hockey fans.
Let's add up all the energy a properly designed team can suck from it's opponents in an 82 game schedule.
How can we bloody well not know when that is exactly what gets done to us.
It affects everything that follows your skilled guys get more shots at tired defenders they take penalties or give up goals.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I kept pointing out last season the idea behind having these guys in the bottom six is to control play at the other end of the rink.
WE are shit and maybe the shittiest at that. I can't see how that basic premise gets lost on supposed smart hockey fans.
Lets add up all the energy a properly designed team can suck from it's opponents in an 82 game schedule.
It affects everything that follows your skilled guys get more shots at tired defenders they take penalties or give up goals.
soooooooooo tired of us getting pushed around.
yes your top 2 lines may be weaker that way.

but come on 3/4 lines should cause a ton of grief and be sooooo hard to play against.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
soooooooooo tired of us getting pushed around.
yes your top 2 lines may be weaker that way.

but come on 3/4 lines should cause a ton of grief and be sooooo hard to play against.
I can't think of one Montreal Canadiens Stanley Cup winning team that weren't hard to play against. Not One.
We had some of the very best skating hardest hitting 3 and 4th lines. Their game was mean and focused.
Not even the best fighters in some cases but teams hated coming in to Montreal to face them because it was going to be a long tiring night.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Haha, you should watch a leaf game once in a while. None, more fights than Wifi, lol.

I watched about fifty last year, about 15 or so live. That's how I know that Max Domi doesn't play a physical game. I also know because he played for the Habs for two seasons and wasn't physical, at all.

Anderson and Gally, 😂😂😂😂😂

The fact that you think Max Domi plays more physically than Gallagher or Anderson and you're actually telling me to watch more Leafs games is hysterical.

The Canadiens literally traded Max Domi to get Josh Anderson in order to get bigger and more physical because Domi was so soft. This is hilarious. Josh Anderson had 169 hits last year. Max Domi had 53. It's not my opinion that Anderson is physical and Domi isn't, it's simply a fact, and yet you're laughing uproariously at Anderson, who has more than three times as many hits.

This is just silly.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
YUP
It’s not even about fighting, it’s about making the game miserable for the other team. The team beed
Let's add up all the energy a properly designed team can suck from it's opponents in an 82 game schedule.
Especially important in the playoffs. Long series it pays off in spades!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad