HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I wouldn't trade Suzuki for Perfetti (benched him in the playoffs) AND Ehlers (asked for a trade) combined, Much less adding to that deal.

Chevy is a known hard negotiator and asks for the moon. Doubt this has any veracity to it considering the source, other then the Habs possibly asking about those players.

Reactions: sampollock

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
There is no hurry to make the playoff this year, we just want to see progression. And I don’t think it’s a good idea to give many asset for Andersson without knowing his contract intentions

I don't see why Andersson wouldn't want to extend with the Habs, but he can always be traded back later if it doesn't work out.
Of course it's a risk and it always depends on the price to pay, but i trust KH with that.

I'm not going to give one person the benefit of the doubt when they've been wrong in the past and not the other just because they were more vague (didn't say what the cost would be) and their proposal was more palatable to me. That's literally wishful thinking.

Of course Eklund's rumour is ridiculous (and worse than the Andersson rumour). But Montreal trying to trade for a likely costly D-man with two years of control in September is pretty farfetched too.
To be fair, Rasmus Andersson is not a rumour, it's just speculation. There's no specific names mentionned in D'Amico's article.
He just writes that the Habs are still on the lookout for upgrades, mainly at RD.

But i can see why you don't want to believe it if it doesn't align with your views.

That's the point though. For the biggest hole to be able to be filled by a guy like Andersson, we need a whole lot more certainty than potential, room to grow and relying on improvements. By that same measure Montreal can hope that their potential at RD can bridge the gap this season.

The goal this season is to be more competitive, ideally past the deadline. Its not to make the playoffs. Montreal needs to

As for biggest hole, its either #1 D, which Andersson does not address, or if we're relying on potential, then #2 center. Dach missed almost all of last season and wasn't a full time center before that. If he doesn't work out then Montreal does not have potential fix for a #2 C. Montreal's got a number of young D that have the potential to have an impact.

Publicly, HuGo are saying that they just want to be in the mix and it's ok if they don't make the playoffs.
They probably don't want to add unnecessary pressure on the team, but privately, i think they want to win ASAP.

Of course it won't be the end of the world if they don't but i think there's no reason in waiting to try to be as good as possible.
The sooner they start to make the playoffs, the better.

I have more faith in Dach than you, so i don't see the 2C position as a big hole.

Just because Andersson is not a clear 1D, doesn't mean he can't still help.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I wouldn't trade Suzuki for Perfetti (benched him in the playoffs) AND Ehlers (asked for a trade) combined, Much less adding to that deal.

Chevy is a known hard negotiator and asks for the moon. Doubt this has any veracity to it considering the source, other then the Habs possibly asking about those players.
Especially now that we have him on a very reasonable long term deal. That would the dumbest thing ever.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

no way KH moves his capt. no way

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would not mind trading for Zegras, but not if we have to give up a core piece for him, I'm not interested in sideways moves.
Crazy that we got Laine attached with what looks like will be an early 2nd. That early 2nd is a nice asset for Hughes to go to work with.

We'll see what Laine can do. We definitely have to be patient, and find the right players and playing style that suite his game. If we try to make him something he's not, things won't go well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad