HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Let's say WAS is having a bad year and OVI just retires. (he's injured i've heard)
So WAS going on a rebuild.
Would you be willing to trade for Tom Wilson for prospect and futures ?
30 years old at 6,5mil for a other 7 years
You are basically asking us if we want to be Derek in that prison scene in american history x.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lurk

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If Ovi is injured it wouldn't surprise me.
He looked like he just let himself go in that image posted here showing him on the beach.
If his normal playing weight is around 238 lbs he looked to be 250 lbs easily.

Reactions: Garry Valk

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
I've always liked Leonard; I was one of the people saying he was good when it was apparent we were taking Reinbacher or Leonard.

Reinbacher still makes the most sense as the pick, especially when you consider what we were able to do at the draft table literally a year later.
I wanted them to draft him

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
On paper, Fowler for Askarov is a trade I’d do. However, there’s something about Fowler’s approach to the game and confidence that is enticing to keep for this market.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
If they wanted Fowler so bad why not pick him?

Home draft 6 bust top100 impressive 👌

1000008745.jpg

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
No way to Askarov for Fowler. Not in a million years.

I might look like a fool in years, but Fowler will be a star in this city, Askarov a mediocre NHL goalie. Quote me later either way.
Insanely bold prediction, especially where goalies are concerned.

Primeau was supposed to be the heir apparent, remember? Look how that turned out.

Not saying Fowler is Primeau but there's a lot of years between "NO WAY WOULD I TRADE HIM FOR ASKAROV" and when he actually wears the sweater.

As for the trade, hard to say. Depends on much of a Monty truther you are whether you do this or not.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004

Primeau was supposed to be the heir apparent, remember? Look how that turned out.

Not saying Fowler is Primeau but there's a lot of years between "NO WAY WOULD I TRADE HIM FOR ASKAROV" and when he actually wears the sweater.

As for the trade, hard to say. Depends on much of a Monty truther you are whether you do this or not.
Primeau never had any type of hype. Never heard anybody talk about him the way Fowler is talked about.

Reactions: Garry Valk

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada

lol I know its bold :) I don't make many or any at all actually.

I watched most of Fowler's games last year and I have full faith in him, more so than any of our prospects except Hutson and Demidov. He has the same thing the other two have, a desire to be the best, to grab the spotlight and be the man in his position, no matter how hard they have to work at it.

Askarov is an inconsistent hothead who hasn't shown up in the playoffs in the AHL:

That clip is in the playoffs btw. Anyways I don't like arguing lol. Askarov will proof me right, I am 100% certain. Immature, inconsistent hothead who has not ived up to his potential and is living on draft reputation. As I said, Primeau has better AHL Stats than ASkarov in a MUCH worst team.

Reactions: CapSpace

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
lol I know its bold :) I don't make many or any at all actually.

I watched most of Fowler's games last year and I have full faith in him, more so than any of our prospects except Hutson and Demidov. He has the same thing the other two have, a desire to be the best, to grab the spotlight and be the man in his position, no matter how hard they have to work at it.

Askarov is an inconsistent hothead who hasn't shown up in the playoffs in the AHL:

That clip is in the playoffs btw. Anyways I don't like arguing lol. Askarov will proof me right, I am 100% certain. Immature, inconsistent hothead who has not ived up to his potential and is living on draft reputation. As I said, Primeau has better AHL Stats than ASkarov in a MUCH worst team.

Plus Askarov catches right handed!! He's not gonna be a star goalie lol

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Would have done 5OA for Askarov in the Reinbacher draft (knowing we wouldn’t take Michkov)

Would not trade Fowler for him at this point, Fowler is going to be a star and I am very very high on Askarov

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
How long til I read this here :scared:

Do you think if Washington is having a bad year, PLD would ask for a trade and we could trade for him?

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
Exactly why his contract is structured as it is - makes him easy to trade to a team of his choosing.
I het a chuckle out of the pundits saying well, hes not going to be leaving Pitts.. lol

This contract is exactly for the reason of being shipped to his preference, in exchange for some young assets and picks at the TDL.

I could easily see him making that decision this year - and yes the Habs would certainly be a top destination.. at 8.7$M we can easily afford him.. especially if Dach cant stay healthy.

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad