HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Get some muscle for bottom 6 and build a real fuxking 4th line instead of washed up plugs.

Mathieu Olivier
Will Cuylle

Reactions: Habs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
no ufa for MTL which most of us knew

If you look at the contract structure, it's actually pretty perfect to give Sid/Pens flexibility to move him if the Pens attempts to re-tool & be competitive by next season fall flat.

That relatively low cap hit, assuming he physically holds up, makes him easier to trade, and the heavy signing bonus could make it easier for a rival club to justify giving up additional futures if he's traded in season/after bonus paid.

Won't be surprised at all if he doesn't finish that contract in a Pens jersey.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If you look at the contract structure, it's actually pretty perfect to give Sid/Pens flexibility to move him if the Pens attempts to re-tool & be competitive by next season fall flat.

That relatively low cap hit, assuming he physically holds up, makes him easier to trade, and the heavy signing bonus could make it easier for a rival club to justify giving up additional futures if he's traded in season/after bonus paid.

Won't be surprised at all if he doesn't finish that contract in a Pens jersey.

Pittsburgh is not moving Crosby. He wants to retire a Penguin and they're not going to move him without his agreement.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
I would try to see if we can get Dawson Mercer with the difficulties they have with his contract
I'm 90% sure he's going to get a "Show me that last year was an aberration" bridge deal for a year or two with hopes that he'll get a bigger $$$ contract next time.

Trade wise the Devils would want someone who can play this year or the next and the biggest position they are lacking is a 3rd like center. I think the ask would be Beck +2nd round pick + something else

The Hab's have Hage and Kapanen as Center depth so I don't think it would hurt that bad.

Anyway that's the a "Devils fan prospective"

Have good day!:devdance:

Reactions: RandomTask26

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Time to circle back to PLD now that Crosby is gone.

Michael Scott No God GIF | GIFDB.com

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm 90% sure he's going to get a "Show me that last year was an aberration" bridge deal for a year or two with hopes that he'll get a bigger $$$ contract next time.

Trade wise the Devils would want someone who can play this year or the next and the biggest position they are lacking is a 3rd like center. I think the ask would be Beck +2nd round pick + something else

The Hab's have Hage and Kapanen as Center depth so I don't think it would hurt that bad.

Anyway that's the a "Devils fan prospective"

Have good day!:devdance:
I'd definitely be open to discuss it. I've always been a big fan of Mercer, I think he'd fit real good in our top 9.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Xirik

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Marchessault was interested but wanted more years than Hughes was willing to give.
The frenchies always use MTL to get more. The ones who can't find work, eventually sign here or pass their prime to be closer to their families aka Savard. Brière was another. ABB is just not good enough anymore to merit a chance on another team. Instead of Dubois, they got the other because as I mentionned before was persona non grata in Columbus.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
I think the ask would be Beck +2nd round pick + something else

Maybe it’s just me but that’s cheap for Mercer? I’d do that in an instant.

Also while you’re here what’s up with Seamus Casey? You guys have Dougie/Pesce/Nemec on the right side, is he gonna be trade bait? Or AHL to start and get called up for injuries.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Also while you’re here what’s up with Seamus Casey? You guys have Dougie/Pesce/Nemec on the right side, is he gonna be trade bait? Or AHL to start and get called up for injuries.
If Mercer was a centre, Beck and a 2nd is a reasonable deal. Not sure i would give up a centre at this point for a wing.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta

Also while you’re here what’s up Seamus Casey? You guys have Dougie/Pesce/Nemec on the right side, is he gonna be trade bait? Or AHL to start and get called up for injuries.
1. My proposal might be a bit weak Devils wise but I am deep in a "foreign land", Its not good to upset the locals. Even though Mercer is still a RFA him forcing it does weaken the Devils hand a bit and to be honest its hard to find a prospect/player that I could see the Hab's giving up that would fill a hole somewhere in the Devils roster. Roy would be nice but I think he'd be untouchable at this point and Center is a bigger need.

I doubt the Hab's would go for Beck + Roy trade So I think it would just be more added picks to make it more fair for the Devils.

2. Casey is definitely going to be held back by the RD depth ahead of him. Unless there is an injury this season I suspect he'll be in the AHL for the whole season. The potential bright spot for him would be that in 25-26 season Dougie Hamilton Modified NMC comes into play so potentially Hamilton could be traded and open up a spot. If he does get on the roster he'll never take away Luke Hughe's position on the PP so he'd have to settle with fighting with Nemec for the 2nd PP.

In the end He probably will be traded even if I don't like it. :(

Reactions: Habs7631

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad