HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
That's why you're not an NHL GM ;)

Chiarot has been useful for a LONG time for us, even if some people on this board were whining about him. Of course at the end he was a liability but Savard is not there yet.
Chariot was the most overrated d-man we had in the last 20 years. Overplayed 3rd pair d-man who got overpaid to Detroit after that. It shows that GMs don't look far enough when you waste a 1st pick for a guy that produce more icings in a year that the rest of the D squad combined

• Haha
Reactions: the and Kimota

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Exactly!. How do you expect Mailloux, Struble or Barron to progress with out any ice time. I love savard. But, he will be 35 in 2025..... He will also be looking for a 2-3 years contract. Signing him for 2 years will be mistake.
Omg lolol Savard is not blocking anybody! He's the only right hand d we have. Spots are there for the taking if Mailloux and Barron earn them. Besides Barron is the one that will be traded.

Reactions: sampollock

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Unless they overpay, we still need Barron especially after we trade Savard.
Habs were confident they could get a 1st for him last year apparently.

Barron has the advantage that his cap hit is less than half that of Savard and he's younger. He might actually interest teams more, even if there is stil some hiccups in his development.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Habs were confident they could get a 1st for him last year apparently.

Barron has the advantage that his cap hit is less than half that of Savard and he's younger. He might actually interest teams more, even if there is stil some hiccups in his development.

We're not keeping Savard. If Barron is traded, it shouldn't be before next summer.

Reactions: calder candidate

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
agreed. Barron has quickly gone from hyped to under-appreciated awfully fast. RD with size and offensive potential are not throwaways

It's fascinating how many hot takes arise about him that are certain he's destined to be a depth player...

At worst, he's a very cost effective depth player right now that most teams, including contenders, would be happy to slot in the 6-7 spot.

At best, he's ready to take a big step forward and has a season where he cements himself as a top 4 RD, with the top pairing ceiling still well within reach... A bargain one at that.

Fortunately, with how KH operates, I think there's minimal chance we offload him for anything short of a clear asset upgrade.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Barron could be traded before the season start if he gets outplayed a camp like last year. Habs lose him if they waive him, so they might just trade him.

Camp hasn't even started. Unless Mailloux AND Reinbacher somehow show they are bona fide top4 NHL D, I don't think they should trade Barron.

Reactions: bsl

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Would you consider keeping Armia if he plays the way he did after resolving his confidence issues?
No; I would trade him for sure. Almost 30 y.o. and great timing to sell high. The plan isn’t to pay well the bottom 6 players.

The plan is to have a young -cost efficient bottom 6 (elc’s) to afford an elite top 6 (Suzuki , Caufield , Slaf , Laine, Demidov , Dach).

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Would you consider keeping Armia if he plays the way he did after resolving his confidence issues?

Depends on the price. If he comes cheap, I would think about it. 6'4" with those hands on the bottom 6 is always valuable. It also depends on how the younger players with bottom 6 upside develop. Gallagher is the one I find there's no room for, whatever the contract is.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Depends on the price. If he comes cheap, I would think about it. 6'4" with those hands on the bottom 6 is always valuable. It also depends on how the younger players with bottom 6 upside develop. Gallagher is the one I find there's no room for, whatever the contract is.
Plus it's good for Laine to have a compatriot lol

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
No; I would trade him for sure. Almost 30 y.o. and great timing to sell high. The plan isn’t to pay well the bottom 6 players.

The plan is to have a young -cost efficient bottom 6 (elc’s) to afford an elite top 6 (Suzuki , Caufield , Slaf , Laine, Demidov , Dach).
Yeah. He's 31. If he has a good year they should offer him a reasonable contract (not long term).
He can go UFA if he wants to maximize his next contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad