HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The Habs team that was good enough to win three rounds was good enough to win four.

For one, the Lightning were 20 million over the cap, it was a fake team.

For two, that Lightning team was almost taken out by the Islanders. Could those Habs not have beaten those Islanders?

I didn't like the Price mega contract at the time, but hindsight proves it was a legitimate gamble.

Only because of Covid. Remember that same D squad that looked like a super-shield looked like the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz all season, it was embarrassing to watch. The whole thing was basically some one in a million miracle run.

Imagine if we traded Price and we would not have been bottom feeders and had been competitive for all these years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They’re not starting Anderson on line 4. He will be on line 3 and given a chance for redemption.
Only way it happens is if Roy is sent back to the AHL (and Roy will need a bad camp for that to happen) or Gallagher plays on the 4th line. Don't think they'll play Gallagher or Roy on the 4th line.

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Newhook-Dach-Laine
Roy-Dvorak-Gallagher

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Cc suz slaf
Laine dach newhook
Anderson Dvorak armia
Roy Evans gally
They’re not gonna bury Dvorak or anderson on lne 4. They need to be showcased with armia.
Roy can wait his turn. He’s shown very little so far
I dont think they showcase anyone. Remember they sent 3.4M Armia to AHL via waivers and did not give a puck. They will do the same to Dvorak if he is not better than Kapanen and Beck.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Careful now, I’d call it a Finals run and not a Cup run. I would take a lot of punishment for a Cup, not so much for a Finals appearance.
I’ve old enough to have seen 8 or 9 cup finals where Habs won it. Sometimes it wasnt close. But other times it’s gut wrenching when Habs have a real chance. And it’s close. Prepare yourselves in a few years and buy some adult diapers. It’s a sweat.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Because that's what some people do. We won the games we had to and played terrific doing it. It was a great run and was exciting to watch.
It was exciting to watch. The players played great despite Bergevin. Too bad they didn't get any reinforcements @ TDL.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I’d rather see Roy having big minutes on a first line in Laval than on a 4th line in MTL. They still have Pezzetta or Barré-Boulet to fill that hole on the 4th. Gally on a 4th is useless.

Anyway, Habs will probably have injuries during the Camp as usual and a spot might open for Roy in the top-9.
Exactly.

Reactions: Runner77

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I’d rather see Roy having big minutes on a first line in Laval than on a 4th line in MTL. They still have Pezzetta or Barré-Boulet to fill that hole on the 4th. Gally on a 4th is useless.

Anyway, Habs will probably have injuries during the Camp as usual and a spot might open for Roy in the top-9.
After like the first month and a half/2 months Roy kinda sucked in Laval. He looked way better in Montreal than he did in Laval.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not even a playoff lock (8th of 16)… means it was a 12th-to-9th out of 16 team. In your own words, is that a “pretty good team”?

IDK, was Florida a pretty good team? They had very little success in the regular season until last year. Or Dallas in the regular season prior to 2022-2023.

The analysis IN THE MOMENT was pretty good at pointing out the teams strengths, clear weaknesses and why Bergevin's plan was never going to work. I don't really see the point of lazy analysis in hindsight that amounts to few points=team sucked.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Newhook managed to bring Armia and Gallagher back to life.
Something Dvorak never got close to doing since here. Hell he sucked the life out of any line he played on.

There's no point in breaking up the only time the 3rd line looked decent.

Plus no better opportunity for Roy to reach the next step than with Dach and Laine.

Disagree on Dvorak as he is a good player who has had bad injury luck and played primarily with crappy wingers.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
The whole offer sheet debacle put him in a no win situation. He is a good 3c
Wasn’t he acquired to be our #2C? I remember people jumping with joy at this acquisition thinking he had some untapped offensive potential and completely ignoring his injury history - which was already extensive during his Arizona days.

The fact that we paid a first and a second round pick for an injury prone middling 3C is beyond inexcusable and was the direct result of an incompetent GM.

Can’t wait till his useless ass is gone.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I'm like ... oh it's the Hockey News... :laugh:

It was a report from Crosby. Below is from the Sportsnet article on the same topic:

Speaking at the NHL/NHLPA player media tour's North American leg Monday, Crosby said he expects to ink a contract extension before the team opens its regular season on Oct. 9.

"I'm pretty optimistic it's going to get done," the three-time Stanley Cup champion said in a ballroom at the glitzy Encore hotel. "I don't know what day specifically, but it's been really positive.

"It hasn't been a difficult process at all."

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It was a report from Crosby. Below is from the Sportsnet article on the same topic:

Speaking at the NHL/NHLPA player media tour's North American leg Monday, Crosby said he expects to ink a contract extension before the team opens its regular season on Oct. 9.

"I'm pretty optimistic it's going to get done," the three-time Stanley Cup champion said in a ballroom at the glitzy Encore hotel. "I don't know what day specifically, but it's been really positive.

"It hasn't been a difficult process at all."
Well that sucks

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Given that we've already established the ufa market for RHD sucks to begin with this just means Savard might return a 1st as there won't be a lot of options and teams are almost always looking to shore up their RHD.
Get Calgary on the phone ASAP.

We’ll recoup a first with Savard anyway so we can definitely shower them with draft picks for Andersson, and give him a big contract this summer while we have a whole year to show him what we are all about; building a kick ass team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad