HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Being his childhood team and Montreal should make a challenge for playoffs this season. It could be interesting. Demidov arriving next summer and Habs having 20 million in caproom it could be very interesting
Habs are gonna be bottom 10 again this season , same exact roster minus injuries coming back. Crosby will be 38 next year.
He simply doesnt fit in the team and would be completely wrong to put him over our future for a year.

Id rather have Suzuki and Dach in my top 6 center than 38 year olds Sidney Crosby.

Sounds like another case of Home Retirement ''habs was my team so pay more''.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Crosby is not coming to the habs. here we go again

If Crosby leaves Pitt (that's a big IF, odds are he elects to finish his career there & unlike Tampa with Stamkos, I doubt the Pens flinch at paying him full market value/term, plus he probably takes less to help them add for one last push), then I think there's legitimate reason to view the Habs as a front runner...

- childhood team + his sense of hockey history
- cap room & roster/cap situation to pay him market value on a 2-4yr deal without blowing up cap
- top 3? 5? U25 group in the league... Perfectly set up to push towards contending in that 2-4year window, especially adding a piece like him
- management group building the kind of culture a person & player like Sid will value immensely

Slaf Suzuki CC
Roy Crosby Laine
Demidov Dach Newhook

Ca sent la coupe icitte :stanley:

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
If Crosby leaves Pitt (that's a big IF, odds are he elects to finish his career there & unlike Tampa with Stamkos, I doubt the Pens flinch at paying him full market value/term, plus he probably takes less to help them add for one last push), then I think there's legitimate reason to view the Habs as a front runner...

- childhood team + his sense of hockey history
- cap room & roster/cap situation to pay him market value on a 2-4yr deal without blowing up cap
- top 3? 5? U25 group in the league... Perfectly set up to push towards contending in that 2-4year window, especially adding a piece like him
- management group building the kind of culture a person & player like Sid will value immensely

Slaf Suzuki CC
Roy Crosby Laine
Demidov Dach Newhook

Ca sent la coupe icitte :stanley:
You make good points.

Friedman said that Crosby doesn't want to rush into his next contract with Pittsburgh. So that leaves the door open.

He's loyal to Pittsburgh but at the same time, i don't think he wants to waste his last seasons in the league. He's too competitive for that.
I think he's gonna wait to see how the Pens season go before making a decision.
If it doesn't go well, that'll give him a justification to ask to go elsewhere.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I think the habs were exceptionally young on defense though. 25 years of age would have been ancient on that squad and I think jjd was the only one over that age..... I'm not even talking 30.
So for this year to be 93 again , was laine trade the bellows trade ? Or would that be the upcoming Crosby trade hahahahah
It’s September , let me dream :)

Habs are gonna be bottom 10 again this season , same exact roster minus injuries coming back. Crosby will be 38 next year.
He simply doesnt fit in the team and would be completely wrong to put him over our future for a year.

Id rather have Suzuki and Dach in my top 6 center than 38 year olds Sidney Crosby.

I think you selling very short the habs young line up plus Crosby . That’s very far from a top pick lineup

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024

Crosby is the last player in the league that needs to use habs as leverage, its actually more of a chance then you give it credit, crosby is a smart dude, if he sees that were around 85-90 points, he would look at our roster and whos comin over and no doubt he would be interested in joining us for 3-4 years as we ascend, he takes this team to a 100 points next yr

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Right?

But it's not. A lot of right handed people play hockey left handed but swing right at golf or baseball.
That's a mystery to me.
That’s me. Right handed but shoot left in hockey, swing a bat right handed and I’m ambidextrous in golf though I settled swinging right as it was hard to find left handed clubs when I was younger. Weird.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm definitely not getting my hopes up for this, but getting to see Crosby play for my team would be pretty amazing. I wouldn't even care all that much about him being on the downside of his career by that point. FWIW, he's still a heck of a player right now, as old and banged up as he is.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I think Crosby can be a point a game player until he's 40
I think he beats Gordie Howe's record :naughty:

Can you imagine the revenue on Crosby jersey sales🤣
The subscriber base on TVA, RDS and Sportsnet would go through the roof. It would definitely be in the NHL's best interest to surrender the Crosby to us! :laugh:

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
I meant ufa rd in summer 2025

That list was the UFA’s in 2025 for right shot defenceman. Not a lot of options out there. I’d expect teams will overpay next July 1st, both in AAV and term, for an UFA right shot defenceman. That’s why it great Montreal has a player like Reinbacher and also why I think they should give Barron more time.

Reactions: bsl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad