HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Only one who would make sense before the camp is Askarov
Yeah i agree. Next summer would be a better time to acquire Andersson cause we could extend him right away.

McGroarty.. I would still like to get him as his package of talent, grit and pysicality could do wonders on a 3rd line with Hage and Roy/Newhook.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Too much options ahahah.

For me getting a guy like Andersson would be the most important move to do. We need a solid guy that can efficiently take 1st pair load on the right side while Reinbacher is developing. It would help him and Mailloux getting comfortable in the NHL. The guy is still fairly young and could play the veteran presence on the right when we contend. Somehow, i want to replace (directly or indirectly) Matheson with Andersson, for the reasons mentionned above and so we can also give Guhle is spot back on the left side. At that point, i think Calgary would take pics and prospects for Andersson, which we have alot.

If Nashville or Winnipeg has interest in Matheson, i would be ok with a trade around Matheson and one of Askarov or McGroarty. Like i said many times, i don't see a future for Matheson with the Habs so better get value for him this summer or next. But i agree with people saying Askarov and McGroarty are not must get players, they are more of cheery on the cake kinda trades. But i will say Askarov fits our contending window better than Fowler and McGroarty would be a great physical and grit add to a 3rd line of Hage and Newhook/Roy.

If he is not claimed, then he plays in the AHL. I reealy don't see Primeau as a problem right now.
Andersson I would like as well.

Reactions: Benstheman

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Is there any gritty fourth liner that could be available ? That's mostly what the Habs need now. This and a RD and Matheson to be moved out unless Lane isn't ready.
Firmly in the RD camp, but it can wait I guess. They seem dead set on having Guhle on the right side again for the purpose of protecting Matheson.

Not the best use but it does give either Struble or Hutson a spot on the left. Next season though, critical to get a big time RD. We have the assets so I won’t care about the price… unless we go bonkers for Seider right away :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Clutterbuck or Matt Martin.

Matt Martin?

I should've added that can play a regular shift in the NHL. Both are well past their prime.

Firmly in the RD camp, but it can wait I guess. They seem dead set on having Guhle on the right side again for the purpose of protecting Matheson.

Not the best use but it does give either Struble or Hutson a spot on the left. Next season though, critical to get a big time RD. We have the assets so I won’t care about the price… unless we go bonkers for Seider right away :laugh:
It's pretty much impossible to go bonkers for Seider now that we have Laine, salary wise. We'd need to move at least one of the anchor + Matheson. Hard ask.

Reactions: Tyson

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Is there any gritty fourth liner that could be available ? That's mostly what the Habs need now. This and a RD and Matheson to be moved out unless Lane isn't ready.
Sign Cal Clutterbuck. I doubt we trade for a player, we are already kinda crowded

Reactions: Mrb1p

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
I haven't followed him in the last year, can he even hold a shift anymore ?

Anyhow, I'd rather sign Blais. Bigger, younger, from here. I'm sure he'd get the extra kick to play for the Habs.
I also really like Blais , but he seems very injury prone.
Would be a perfect fit on the 4th line.

Reactions: Mrb1p

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I want Askarov 100%. I think Fowler is still 3-4 years away and I believe Askarov is a level above Dobes. But either way I'd rather have 3 shots at a legit NHL starter than 2.

Reactions: Holystik

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
If Nashville or Winnipeg has interest in Matheson, i would be ok with a trade around Matheson and one of Askarov or McGroarty.
Are you serious? I guess it depends on what you mean by "around".

Like maybe Matheson for McGroanty, Ehlers and a first round pick?

Or Matheson and one of Anderson/Price/Gallagher for Askalot, a second and a first?

BoneHutson

Mar 26, 2023
Now that Johansen has terminated his contract, NAS has about 7m of cap space. What about something like:
Matheson + Anderson for Askarov + Fabbro? We ship fabbro to whatever team wants him for a pick. Part of Mathesons value is caught up in the Anderson dump. NAS bets on him returning to form and now has a top 3 Dcore in the league

And then we OS Tomasino with a deal similar to Holloway lol

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I want Askarov 100%. I think Fowler is still 3-4 years away and I believe Askarov is a level above Dobes. But either way I'd rather have 3 shots at a legit NHL starter than 2.
Same. Fowler extends into our window but he'll be a rookie where we're really starting to compete. He may have to ride back-up duty for a while before taking the reins.

I don't believe in Primeau or his ability to be a #1 or even a 1B. Dobes might be fine but he's still early on in his development.

This gives us some pedigree in the pipeline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad