HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
August still no changes , can't wait to see the same 3 rotation every 5 games.
Crazy that we are heading into a new season with the same lineup lol

Good.

One last top pick (Martone, McQueen, Misa, Ryabkin, Desnoyers, Frondell) and we are in business.

Adding one of those guys to play with Demidov and keeping the CC-Suzuki-Slaf line together will make us real contenders.
If we can have guys like Dach/Newhook/Roy on the third line... watch out!!!

In the meantime let the bad contracts get off the book so that we have the money to keep (mostly) everyone.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Good.

One last top pick (Martone, McQueen, Misa, Ryabkin, Desnoyers, Frondell) and we are in business.

Adding one of those guys to play with Demidov and keeping the CC-Suzuki-Slaf line together will make us real contenders.

In the meantime let the bad contracts get off the book so that we have the money to keep (mostly) everyone.
If the Habs trade Slafkovsky for first round picks they will have a better shot at drafting Gavin McKenna.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Good.

We will probably need to get lucky to draft those players. Slaf took a huge step forward in the last 40 games of the season. With the return of Dach and some of our player bouncing back from a bad season. We should finish around 8-11.

Is also possible for us to draft the best defenseman in the 2025 draft.

Habs7631

Feb 28, 2017
We will probably need to get lucky to draft those players. Slaf took a huge step forward in the last 40 games of the season. With the return of Dach and some of our player bouncing back from a bad season. We should finish around 8-11.

I know, I just really want us to have two sick top lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickles and rahad

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Ok since Laine has his own thread. Who are some of the "rumoured" top 6 players that anyone has heard may be available.

I'm open to hearing any solid bottom 6 players as well.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
Ok since Laine has his own thread. Who are some of the "rumoured" top 6 players that anyone has heard may be available.

I'm open to hearing any solid bottom 6 players as well.

Read that Maxim Lapierre & Latendresse were wondering about Tomasino (NSH) being a trade target. Don’t know the player, it seems it’s not clicking between him and his coach

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Read that Maxim Lapierre & Latendresse were wondering about Tomasino (NSH) being a trade target. Don’t know the player, it seems it’s not clicking between him and his coach
With the recent additions Nashville has made. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd make Tomasino available. I'd definitely be interested if he was.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
First I heard of it and his stats looks like a Hughes find. A 2019 drafted, joking.

They mention the return? Nashville signed crazy bunch of contracts this summer. Imagine they could use caproom

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Don't know why we'd want him at all, unless Mesar is pissed off and wants out too.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
What has Mesar got to do with anything?
Tomasino is a center who seems to have difficulties cutting it with Nashville. If we want him it's because we don't like our center depth?

I'm not trading Beck for him, so that leaves... Don't know why we'd bother really.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Tomasino is a center who seems to have difficulties cutting it with Nashville. If we want him it's because we don't like our center depth?

I'm not trading Beck for him, so that leaves... Don't know why we'd bother really.
Obviously to give him a chance this season while Beck etc develop. And I expect the offer would be a d. If Nashville doesn't need or want d then there won't likely be a deal.
Nashville was run by an incompetent GM and useless coaches. Now their GM wants to win so developing players won't get a chance.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Bit of a stretch... But "if" the Habs can accommodate enough things (within what's allowed) to alleviate Trouba's situation navigating his wife's last year of residency, getting him to accept the Habs as a destination...

To Mtl
Cuylle, Trouba

To NYR
Barron, Anderson, Pens 2nd

For NYR, they add draft collateral & cap flex to help with cup window
- free up 2.2M in cap space
- add cap friendly D assets short & long term
- add a pick useful at deadline or to restock (both helpful to their contention window)

For Mtl, we are potentially* better equipped to challenge for a PO spot this year and closer to icing a contending roster by '27 if not sooner.

- add vet physical element to softish dcorp
- swap big frame bottom 6 "scorers" but far better cap implication
- shed 3rd year of Anderson contract & free up cap space in 2027

Newhook Suzuki Slaf
Roy Dach CC
Cuylle Dvorak Gally
Armia Evans ABB
Pez

Guhle Savard
Hutson Trouba
Xhekaj Harris
Strubble

*If Trouba/Hutson (or Mailloux or RB) can mitigate the loss of Matheson

Reactions: Destopcorner

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Obviously to give him a chance this season while Beck etc develop. And I expect the offer would be a d. If Nashville doesn't need or want d then there won't likely be a deal.
Nashville was run by an incompetent GM and useless coaches. Now their GM wants to win so developing players won't get a chance.
Give him a chance?? Why not give it to Mesar? Or better Owen Beck?

Giving chances to random players across the league isn't the goal. if we're getting another top 6 player, he needs to be better established than Tomasino.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Give him a chance?? Why not give it to Mesar? Or better Owen Beck?

Giving chances to random players across the league isn't the goal. if we're getting another top 6 player, he needs to be better established than Tomasino.

I for one assume that Beck, Mesar, Kidney, etc are best off spending the year in Laval. Roy is the only rookie forward making the team, and possibly Heinemen.

I think he argument for Tomasino is to throw another dart at the board while we still can. I'm comfortable with that but I suspect that other darts might be available. That said he's the same age as Newhook and has the same numbers so far.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

xposbrad

Jul 11, 2009
I'm also on the boat of since Demi isn't playing this year that if we can get 1 more top 10 pick we are going to be setup for a solid 5-10 years of competing. We still have cap room and some bad contracts. Eventually you start selling off picks/prospects, so if we can build a massive pool then we won't end up like the leafs lol.

Reactions: SnapVirus

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Based on what?? Which of their gambles have turned to gold?
I am talking about evaluation. Slafkovsky, Beck, Hutson, Newhook, Dach (if he can stay healhy). If they believe Tomasino is worth acquiring it is very likely worth it.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm guessing that Nashville will trade Novak for a draft pick or a prospect in order to fit 3 more players into the lineup.

MTL could be interested IMO.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium