HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
All the talk about Marner...and nobody talk about...Matthews.

Marner is not the captain..Matthews is and look at him as a leader......not good.

Marner is soft , weak comes playoffs...ok then look at Matthews also...Marner has better numbers in the playoffs and at least he is playing defensively and on the P.k.

Matthews is 6.3 and he does not not play physical at all.

Matthews has a free pass exactly because is 6.3 and Marner is 5.10 but comes playoffs I see Matthews even worse than Marner....
Nostrils never takes heat

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Red Wings had more players with 70+ pts that year than Montreal.

Yes, the division was weaker, and yes, a division winner typically wins in large part thanks to their best player... Neither point supports the notion that Yzerman was a one man show.

To suggest that those were "horrible" rosters is an exaggeration that I disagree with.

RHP hurt himself playing pick up with Rocket alumnus

Guy can't catch a break... Or, more to the point, catches all the wrong breaks

RHP hurt himself playing pick up with Rocket alumnus

Guy can't catch a break... Or, more to the point, catches all the wrong breaks
Habs are having such bad luck, for so long now............................Brutal.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
They have all of those today, they’ll still have all of them come end of August/September.

Enjoy the summer man lol
Price forbid we acquire any 18-22 goal scorers for 1-2 years instead of praying for Mesar to show fire, Farrell to grow or Heineman to develop vision - right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Beer and Chips

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
People seem to be fine with him not acquiring any talent whatsoever because, you know, we aren't going to win many games this year.

Sorry, I forgot Barré-Boulet.
Nobody ever said that. If you can get an elite player in his prime in a trade you do it. That's not what people are taking about here. People are basically advocation doing what we did for the last 30 years i.e. grab Mike Streit and Alex Hemsky and pretend it's great moves. Players like Stamkos wont sign here unless you give them 14 millions for 5-6 years,

Price forbid we acquire any 18-22 goal scorers for 1-2 years instead of praying for Farrell to grow or Heineman to develop vision.
Armia scored 17 goals last season. Gallagher scored 16. Just saying.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nostrils never takes heat
He's always been better than Marner. Even this year with his health issues he was still better.

Yes, he should be better than he is in the playoffs but at least he scores some goals. He won game three vs Boston. I don't remember Marner ever doing that. He's just flat out too talented to trade away.

Marner's a different story. You don't even notice that he's on the ice when it matters. He's been a huge disapointment. He needs a change of environment and the Leafs could use a power forward in his place. Knies looks like he could be the real deal so that will help.

Reactions: HabzSauce

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Nobody ever said that. If you can get an elite player in his prime in a trade you do it. That's not what people are taking about here. People are basically advocation doing what we did for the last 30 years i.e. grab Mike Streit and Alex Hemsky and pretend it's great moves. Players like Stamkos wont sign here unless you give them 14 millions for 5-6 years,

Armia scored 17 goals last season. Gallagher scored 16. Just saying.
Cool so we have enough scoring to compete. No need to give Perron 2 years or Sprong $1.150M. Ca sent la coupe!

No interest in making a deal unless it is for a reasonable price that doesn't include of any of Habs key pieces.
Yeah, definitely need to hold onto that key guy, Cap Space.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Cool so we have enough scoring to compete. No need to give Perron 2 years or Sprong $1.150M. Ca sent la coupe!

I'm all for adding 1-2 depth vets on a 1yr deal, but also appreciate that they may prefer to leverage the cap space in trade, as they have before... Might well be that they are waiting on that opportunity to materialize and are content to see what vet is available when camp rolls around (or target a waiver addition) if it doesn't

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

It has nothing to do with cap space other than not giving vets more than a 2 year contract. Draft choices can be moved but defensemen should NOT be moved until HuGo are pretty confident in their ceilings.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It has nothing to do with cap space other than not giving vets more than a 2 year contract. Draft choices can be moved but defensemen should NOT be moved until HuGo are pretty confident in their ceilings.
Depends. They aren't ideal to waste as throw-ins,

However, if Xhekaj can fetch Jarvis, or Struble can land Mercer, the risk is worth it.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Ca sent pas la couple avec eux non plus.

Habs have enough roster fodder to be honest.

Depends. They aren't ideal to waste as throw-ins,

However, if Xhekaj can fetch Jarvis, or Struble can land Mercer, the risk is worth it.
Certainly not for the Canes or Devils in this example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad