HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I do the deal with Harris not Barron. I couldn’t care less about Mesar. He will never play for the Habs.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes it is too much.

Harris one on one is the fair price...might add a lower pick as a sweetener.

McGroarty might never be in NHL and even if he does, he doesn't have 1st line upside so at best he will be a middle-6 winger which means his value is lower than Newhook for example (Cause Newhook proved he can play in the NHL and can play center). Harris is a D so just in terms of positional value, he's higher than McGroarty
If McGroarty might never make the NHL then Mesar might never make the AHL.

McGroarty is vastly better than Harris but I do understand why people would be hesitant to add him. He shouldn’t be a priority anyways.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Apparently also according to that article, Mesar was invited to the latest development camp and refused. I don't know if I buy this though, there were no European invites from previous drafts.
That's debunked by what KH said at the start of dev camp. He confirmed it was the Habs who told them to stay home and continue their normal summer training.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's debunked by what KH said at the start of dev camp. He confirmed it was the Habs who told them to stay home and continue their normal summer training.
💯%

What Demidov has proven ? Celebrini ?

He’s great prospect that dominate everywhere he went
So you think offering basically 3 first round level players and a 1st round pick is good for the 14th overall pick whose current team doesn't seem to think he is nhl ready is a smart move?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
💯%

So you think offering basically 3 first round level players and a 1st round pick is good for the 14th overall pick whose current team doesn't seem to think he is nhl ready is a smart move?
I don’t considered Mesar as a 1st round value though far from it

Harris isn’t worth a 1st round pick

A FLA pick will be a late one

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Ya cause the overseas guys know better what Hughes is doing :huh:

Their source is the hockey30 clickbait fanblog translated from French to Slovak 😆

That trade offer never happened.

Feeling bad for Mesar :slaugh:

Any comments?

1000005576.png

Reactions: McGees

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
The hype for Mcgroarty is too funny. People willing to give up a bunch of assets for a 3rd liner at best.
I think he will be better than that. A Holmstrom style net front guy which we could use.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I don’t considered Mesar as a 1st round value though far from it

Harris isn’t worth a 1st round pick

A FLA pick will be a late one
You are willing to pay alot for a guy making demands with his current team. Be careful what you wish for with this player.

Their source is the hockey30 clickbait fanblog translated from French to Slovak 😆

That trade offer never happened.

Feeling bad for Mesar :slaugh:

Any comments?

View attachment 894306
Mesar is 20 y/o and a late first round pick. He probably needs 2 full AHL seasons before giving up on him. Undeniable skill and vision.

Habs

Always cheerful, happy and pleasant.
Feb 28, 2002
LFG Kent, but nobody wants our shit prospect like Mesar bud, better throw in something else.

Reactions: Nicko999

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
You are willing to pay alot for a guy making demands with his current team. Be careful what you wish for with this player.

But is it really a lot? A probable late 1st round pick, plus two prospects who are, at best, worth 2nd round picks. It reminds me of the claims around here that the Habs overspent on acquiring Newhook with a very late 1st rounder and an early 2nd rounder.

The concerns about McGroarty's rumored demands, though, are indeed concerning.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
💯%

Exactly…3 1st round assets is way too much for McGroarty…..

Barron OR Mesar plus another asset to me would be suffice enough to make it happen, that’s IF the Habs are interested.

That trade is an easy yes for me. Mesar is a nothing at this point and so is Barron.
I don’t believe they are nothing, they are just redundant and that we have the depth to trade them away without feeling any sort of pain.

electron58

Jun 29, 2024
Exactly…3 1st round assets is way too much for McGroarty…..

Barron OR Mesar plus another asset to me would be suffice enough to make it happen, that’s IF the Habs are interested.

I don’t believe they are nothing, they are just redundant and that we have the depth to trade them away without feeling any sort of pain.
If, McGroarty wasn't such a douche! ie. if he was a player with some class & integrity, and we knew for sure that the Florida/Calgary pick would be a late one, then I do this trade. But HUGO are looking for character players, so McGroarty is on my DNT for list.

Reactions: dralaf and Tyson

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
If, McGroarty wasn't such a douche! ie. if he was a player with some class & integrity, and we knew for sure that the Florida/Calgary pick would be a late one, then I do this trade. But HUGO are looking for character players, so McGroarty is on my DNT for list.
Here is a different perspective from a local Winnepeg writer. The article claims it is a disagreement over development paths, and Winnepeg’s recent mismanagement of young players’ development and promotion to the NHL:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad