HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I saw that info on my Google Overseas News app, trending with the elections in France.

Edit: Seems like an overpay imo, the equivalent of 3 late 1sts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: dralaf

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Too much, no way. I rather keep Mesar, Barron and that first for a quality top 6 forward.
That’s what Mcgroarty will be

Mesar at this point, I don’t really have any hope

Barron/Harris are 3rd pairing

And the 1st will probably be the panthers one (a late one)

I would do that deal, we need quality not quantity

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mesar/FLA 1st/Barron is definitely not too much for a prospect of McGroarty's caliber lol. The supposed attitude issues are what's making me hesitate to trade for him, not the value of this package.

Edit: Seems like an overpay imo, the equivalent of 3 late 1sts.
If Barron and Mesar could have been traded for late 1sts, Hughes would have done it. Mesar likely has 2nd round pick value but Barron is essentially worthless. No team is giving up a 1st for a guy who couldn't crack the worst RD in the NHL while needing waivers this upcoming season.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Mesar/FLA 1st/Barron is definitely not too much for a prospect of McGroarty's caliber lol. The supposed attitude issues are what's making me hesitate to trade for him, not the value of this package.

If Barron and Mesar could have been traded for late 1sts, Hughes would have done it. Mesar likely has 2nd round pick value but Barron is essentially worthless. No team is giving up a 1st for a guy who couldn't crack the worst RD in the NHL while needing waivers this upcoming season.
The verdict is out, HuGo lost this trade. Hage, though has some potential.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

Wouldn't Mesar become their best prospect?
A5pZ7P2.png

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
That’s what Mcgroarty will be

Mesar at this point, I don’t really have any hope

Barron/Harris are 3rd pairing

And the 1st will probably be the panthers one (a late one)

I would do that deal, we need quality not quantity
At some point, we need to do something like this...............quality yes. And quantity going the other way.
Dealing with CBJ and Laine, bite the bullet and get someone like this...............it will have to involve some pain to get a quality scorer for up front to add, to our group.
Mcgroarty fits in better with the group as in age, but Laine has done it already so.....................get more scoring and use other assets.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
At some point, we need to do something like this...............quality yes. And quantity going the other way.
Dealing with CBJ and Laine, bite the bullet and get someone like this...............it will have to involve some pain to get a quality scorer for up front to add, to our group.
Mcgroarty fits in better with the group as in age, but Laine has done it already so.....................get more scoring and use other assets.
What exactly has Mcgroarty proven? I am sincerely trying to figure the hype.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Yes it is too much.

Harris one on one is the fair price...might add a lower pick as a sweetener.

McGroarty might never be in NHL and even if he does, he doesn't have 1st line upside so at best he will be a middle-6 winger which means his value is lower than Newhook for example (Cause Newhook proved he can play in the NHL and can play center). Harris is a D so just in terms of positional value, he's higher than McGroarty

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
i don't doubt that things soured between McGroarty and the Jets due to a certain level of entitlement but i think all the extra noise that's come out in the past few weeks is just small market media garbage you see whenever players seem to be on their way out. i'd still take him.

and i'm sure if there would be 3 pieces going to the Jets, like that Slovak rumour suggests, there probably would be another contract coming back on top of McGroarty's.

Reactions: ReHabs

ReginaHabs

Jan 7, 2021
i don't doubt that things soured between McGroarty and the Jets due to a certain level of entitlement but i think all the extra noise that's come out in the past few weeks is just small market media garbage you see whenever players seem to be on their way out. i'd still take him.

and i'm sure if there would be 3 pieces going to the Jets, like that Slovak rumour suggests, there probably would be another contract coming back on top of McGroarty's.
Might also be a bit of an attempt to soften the market / lower the ask for him from one of the teams still trying to land him.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Too much, no way. I rather keep Mesar, Barron and that first for a quality top 6 forward.
I would part with Harris, a late first, and Mesar without hesitation. The former is a solid but unspectacular bottom-pairing defenseman, the late first has limited value, and I doubt Mesar's prospects for playing meaningful games in the NHL. Done.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad