HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Dobson is the dream but a guy like Lesce, Marino could have worked really well. Next year there's Ekblad and Larsson that have expiring contracts.

I don't believe Matheson owns that much value.
My target would be Rasmuss Andersson next summer. Will still have 1 year left on his contract, so we can extend him right away.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Winnipeg is in trouble. They lost every player they were after. They are in still in win mode. Help them out and take Mcgroot in return.

Camsn Kent, wake up
Jets fans want nothing to do with Dvorak, but if Chevy did make a pitch to Henrique, Dvorak could be of interest now that the miss on all front.

Top6 player, two-way player, can score, isn't a bad personality/doesn't have any warts. What's the problem? We need another top6 player.
someone didn't read Pierre Gervais's books

Reactions: SwiftyHab

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't believe Matheson owns that much value.
Which is odd considering his contract and production.

We literally saw Brady Skjei sign a 7yr 49M deal just a few days ago.

And you don't think Mike Matheson, at 4.875M for another 2 years, has much value?

Wild.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Yep. ideal scenario would be to get a top 4 RHD already in his prime to stabilize the D. If Kent can somehow switch Matheson for an equivalent,but more defensively sounded RHD, it would be great.
I've been trying to figure out an RD target for a while now. Before he signed I kinda wanted Chatfield to play as a 4/5 type and replace Savard in the long term. Marino would have been awesome. Pesce too of course but IIRC he's from the NYC area so we likely weren't going to be able to compete with the Devils.

Brandon Carlo is another guy I'd absolutely love to snag. I know it's totally unrealistic but I would absolutely love to have him as a long term partner for Guhle on a matchup pair to let Reinbacher and Hutson cook

Reactions: Mrb1p

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Not Mcgroarty+Ehlers value ? I'd love it if he did.
I don't know about all that, apologies if that's the specific deal you were speaking about...I thought you had just said McGroaty for Matheson, which for me would be a terrible deal for the Habs to make.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Top6 player, two-way player, can score, isn't a bad personality/doesn't have any warts. What's the problem? We need another top6 player.
He just had his 3rd season in a row with a torn Achilles tendon. His body is telling him to hang the skates...

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
He just had his 3rd season in a row with a torn Achilles tendon. His body is telling him to hang the skates...
He came back fine and played in the playoffs. I'm not saying give him the keys to the franchise, but of the remaining FAs he's a good option for scoring depth.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
let me see... all the players that played with him??? he's not a good teammate.
Nobody, not even Gervais, said that Pacioretty was a bad teammate. Gervais called him a bad person and only because of some stupid disagreement between him and Max re: training equipment.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Nobody, not even Gervais, said that Pacioretty was a bad teammate. Gervais called him a bad person and only because of some stupid disagreement between him and Max re: training equipment.
Mathias Brunet, who wrote the book, added color in interviews. Like it or not, Patch time in MTL is over and he wont be back, simply because of that book alone and all the Q he would have to face.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Mathias Brunet, who wrote the book, added color in interviews. Like it or not, Patch time in MTL is over and he wont be back, simply because of that book alone and all the Q he would have to face.
Literally nobody cares about that book. It wasn't revelatory whatsoever and Patches is not the Patches of before. Now he's playing as a veteran going anywhere he can find a fit. Nobody wants him back to be a leader or captain or whatever.

Reactions: 417

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Literally nobody cares about that book. It wasn't revelatory whatsoever and Patches is not the Patches of before. Now he's playing as a veteran going anywhere he can find a fit. Nobody wants him back to be a leader or captain or whatever.
Your opinion, but I strongly disagree.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
oh yeah? who? Armia, Dvo, Anderson or Gallagher? Maybe Evans can get you a 4th tops and Pez, well.... Also, I do believe RHP will be a lock for the bottom 6 for a long time.
Trade them all. Philly would give us a haul

RHP I had high hopes for after 2023 but disappointed this season. Mostly due to injury.
Interesting you see him as a lock though. I can't see him surviving here once all our prospects start maturing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad