HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CTHabsfan

Jul 28, 2007
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
Sounds very good- for Nashville. Wouldn't trade Mailloux for Askarov, either.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
No it does not. We already have our goalies, and we're suffering RD prospects. So that's just a bad proposal. If you want a LD though, we got plenty to choose from, and we can ship you a goaltender in exchange.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
When Monty puts up netter than a .903% save percentage let me know.

Save percentage is heavily influenced by team performance since a goaler playing in front of a defensively competent team will face way less high quality chance.

Therefore, the metrics to evaluate goalie is not SV%. Its xGA.

This one takes into account the number of saves relatives to the danger of the shot he faces. Therefore, it puts every goaltender on the same standard and team qualities then don't influence the numbers.

Monty is a top 15 goaltender in the NHL.

The argument you gave me remind me of those who were downplaying Slaf based on his liiga production.

Demigod Gloves

Oct 1, 2017
Since it seems to have worked for Demigod
lets try it one more time :naughty:

Captura de pantalla 2024-06-30 a la(s) 6.42.12 p.m..png

HABitual Fan

May 22, 2007
Crazy idea, but if Pittsburgh is out by the TDL and needing to retool, I would look into getting Malkin for the last 2 years of his contract.
Him on a 2nd line with Demidov to mentor him on the ice, while also sheltering him off the ice.

I worry about a 19 year old in this city with no Russians on the team to keep him out of potential trouble, and to ease his homesickness etc...

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Crazy idea, but if Pittsburgh is out by the TDL and needing to retool, I would look into getting Malkin for the last 2 years of his contract.
Him on a 2nd line with Demidov to mentor him on the ice, while also sheltering him off the ice.

I worry about a 19 year old in this city with no Russians on the team to keep him out of potential trouble, and to ease his homesickness etc...
I do not think Demidov needs anyone. He is a smart kid and he can speak English. He does not come from Siberia, he played in Podolsk (close to Moscow) and St.Petersburg. He will survive just like Slaf did.

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I think Mcgroarty's floor might be something like Rickard Rakell.

Good complementary piece for a second line.

Slaf- suzuki - Demidov
McGroarty - Dach - Caufield

It's a pretty darn good top6.

If Dach isn't able to stay healthy, Hage could come in if things pans out for him.

Last edited:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Nashville adding Stamkos and Marchessault probably means they'll be looking to move some of the winger prospects they have in the system, which is quite a lot of them.

They could also really use some defensemen on the right side. Could be a good fit.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Habs need Laine
Why not ?
Take a flyer
When is he able to be talked to

Nashville adding Stamkos and Marchessault probably means they'll be looking to move some of the winger prospects they have in the system, which is quite a lot of them.

They could also really use some defensemen on the right side. Could be a good fit.
And a goalie

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Well I got booted from the free agency thread for posting a link that Habs signed Rene Bourque lol. Sorry if people thought that is was real :laugh::rolleyes:

Anyways, it seems Habs are after a trade as opposed to signing free Agents this summer.
Hoping for MCGRODDDYYY first on my list, then NECAS or LAINE as other hopeful options.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Would you guys trade Savard+Harris for Trouba+lottery protected 1st? Then maybe use that 1st to get Necas.
I was thinking moreso something like

Trouba & Kakko for Anderson & Harris

- Rangers want cap space this year and next. This opens up ~3.5M without losing roster player

- Trouba doesn't want to move, but if he does, perhaps staying in NE is an option he'd waive for :dunno:

- Trouba lining up next to Hutson might be a good fit for us. Keeps X with Savard for another year. Pushes Barron to 7th spot until injury opens up room (or we use him as trade chip)

Gets us rid of Anderson while adding some physicality on the back end & benefit of giving Kakko a chance to reset...

Reactions: McGees

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2