HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
If Winnipeg, in win-now mode, wants a 60 point D with 2 years at $4.875M, capable of playing 24-25 minutes per night, I would require their 2025 first, plus McGroarty and a 2026 second.
I think that's a bit much from WPG I feel, but hey I wouldn't complain

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Why would Winnipeg do that?
Because if our offer is the best offer they get, they have no choice

I'm not trying to lowball them just seeing if there's anyway we can work out a deal with other assets we have besides Mailloux, Guhle, etc

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Because it wouldn't be shit. Barron, Harris, Struble are decent players. It depends on what the other offers are.
Of those three, only Harris is what I would call a decent NHL defenseman and he plays on the left, which is not a need for the Jets.

I wonder if Trevor Timmins is responsible for Columbus picking Lindstrom.
He's an athlete!

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
No signifiant trades most likely for Montreal this off season.

At TDL, baring injuries to those payer or signifiant drop in play:

Savard = 2nd round pick, maybe even a first
Dvorak = I don't see competitive teams having an interest in him, but if we find a buyer I could see him fetching a 4th
Armia = A 3rd

Use some of those assets + CGY 1st to climb up in the draft.

In the situation we are sellers, it means our 1st round pick will be high to.

We might find ourselves in a similar situation comes the 2025 draft (1 top 10 first round pick, 1 top 20).

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
No signifiant trades most likely for Montreal this off season.

At TDL, baring injuries to those payer or signifiant drop in play:

Savard = 2nd round pick, maybe even a first
Dvorak = I don't see competitive teams having an interest in him, but if we find a buyer I could see him fetching a 4th
Armia = A 3rd

Use some of those assets + CGY 1st to climb up in the draft.

In the situation we are sellers, it means our 1st round pick will be high to.

We might find ourselves in a similar situation comes the 2025 draft (1 top 10 first round pick, 1 top 20).

I'd try to trade Evans, Kovacevic and Pezzetta too

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Because if our offer is the best offer they get, they have no choice

I'm not trying to lowball them just seeing if there's anyway we can work out a deal with other assets we have besides Mailloux, Guhle, etc
Of course they have a choice - - they can choose to not trade McGroarty now if they do not get an offer they like.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007
That is far from certain. He has been unable to dislodge Nashville goalies with a .906 and .908 SVP.

In Montreal, the two netminders had .903 and .910 last year.

Sounds like using up assets to exchange 4 quarters for a dollar between the pipes.
As for the Nashville fan who asked for Reinbacher ..... I have no words.
He'a already much better then any of the 2 goalies in Montreal.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
Would love Askarov and I would have traded 5OA for him last year if I knew we weren’t taking Michkov

Now I like what we’re building and think that Fowler might be our guy and he fits with our timeline so I’m not sure I’d trade Reinbacher for him tbh

Reactions: Habricot

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Hello Habs fans,

With the recent news of Askarov being potentially available, I could see Montreal being interested in him.

Trotz has stated that the price is either a legit, young-ish NHL'er or an equivalent prospect that's not a goalie.

What do you think a fair trade would look like between the Preds and the Habs? Does Reinbacher one-for-one for Askarov sound good?
Lol your team offered Askarov+15+24 for the 5th overall last year and we said no, so of course we aren't accepting this significantly inferior package.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I feel like Adam Boqvist would be the kind of player Kent could claim on waivers. Former 8OV pick, RHD, 30ish over 82 points over his career, still only 23. Might be some kind of project a la Kirby Dach on defense. I know he is fragile and of average height/weight, still...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad