HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Pull that damn trigger! We need that kind of player to complete our futur top 6!

Demidov-Suzuki-Slaf
Caufield-Dach-McGroarty

Caman Hughes. We have the assets to make the trade with Win.
KH said on 98.5 that if Hage had not been there at 21, he would've traded the pick.
Not sure if it's true but maybe the pick was to be used on a McG trade.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
KH said on 98.5 that if Hage had not been there at 21, he would've traded the pick.
Not sure if it's true but maybe the pick was to be used on a McG trade.

Pretty sure Winnipeg is more interested in a hockey trade like the Dubois one they made. They are in win now mode. Pretty sure we can do that trade for one of our young dman and a mid pick.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Pretty sure Winnipeg is more interested in a hockey trade like the Dubois one they made. They are in win now mode. Pretty sure we can do that trade for one of our young dman and a mid pick.
On the other hand, Johnston said that talks for McG stopped once Demidov was available at 5.
Maybe one of the pieces that they'd have gotten by trading down from 5 was to be used to get McG.
Whatever it was, they now have less options to get a deal done.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
The only way today could have been made better is if we gutted our defense pool to trade for Zegras!
Tinkles me pink to think people were suggesting we'd trade any of of the 5th, Reinbacher, or Ghule for him. Demidov 7 days of the week and twice and on Sunday thank you very much!

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The only way today could have been made better is if we gutted our defense pool to trade for Zegras!
Tinkles me pink to think people were suggesting we'd trade any of of the 5th, Reinbacher, or Ghule for him. Demidov 7 days of the week and twice and on Sunday thank you very much!
Hughes heavily implied he would've made a move to add a young attacker if the forward he wanted (Demidov) wasn't on the board.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I really hope we give the guys a bit of time before looking at big UFA/trade type moves. Let’s see if Dach can stay healthy and how he produces, let’s see how Roy does, Hutson, Beck, RB, Mailloux…

So much young talent on the way.
Deliberate - yes. Passive - no.

Thankfully, this front office has once again demonstrated they're not shy moving draft picks, once they've identified a player they covet.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Can't find it online but on Sportcentre the 'TSN Insiders' said Montreal had several significant offers for the 5th OA pick, mentioned McGroarty. here is hoping those dicsussions lead to something more this weekend.
This weekend just feels like a huge step for the franchise. Lots of cap room, lots of assets and a stacked prospect pool that is strong in all areas now.
I still feel we need some bangers to round out our bottom two lines in addition to some scoring to hold us over another couple years.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Can't find it online but on Sportcentre the 'TSN Insiders' said Montreal had several significant offers for the 5th OA pick, mentioned McGroarty. here is hoping those dicsussions lead to something more this weekend.
This weekend just feels like a huge step for the franchise. Lots of cap room, lots of assets and a stacked prospect pool that is strong in all areas now.
I still feel we need some bangers to round out our bottom two lines in addition to some scoring to hold us over another couple years.
Seems like we had a trade lined up for McGrubbins if we didn’t get Demidov but now that’s shut down or on hold

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Like I said all day yesterday, I maintain that we come out of the draft with Demi and McG, and I still stand by it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad