HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
He is the mother of all reclamation project.....that is the key sentence right there.
More I see Laine's name being tossed around the more I want him

Wouldn't be expensive. Would instantly slide into top 6 role. Would give us more time to see what we have with our prospects without having to rush any big trades.

Best case scenario he redeems himself and he stays with us long term..worst case scenario he sucks - he's gone in 2 years and by then we have a better idea what we have in guys like beck, roy, etc. the timing is too good not to take a stab

If we're gonna trade for a forward this summer, Laine is my target. The others that are being mentioned like Necas and Zegras - no thank you. Take a hike lol

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
2 years is the problem. Lets say we do trade for him and he breaks out with us... Could walk and we are left with nothing.

If we trade for Laine, the cost has to be manageable. And I'm a huge Laine fan. That shot is elite level.
I don't think he'd cost too much honestly. I don't see a bidding war either - he's already got his issues and comes with a high cap hit.

I hope Habs are at least interested

Twisted Sinister

Living in Your Head Rent Free
Oct 8, 2014

DO

SOMETHING

KENT

Just shows insiders have no idea what the f*** they're talking about. They were acting like the floodgates were gonna open after the final.

Meanwhile,

Garfield.png

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
I guy like Mcgroarty would be a perfect fit on the second line with a guy like Zegras.

Mailloux + WPG's first rounder for Zegras
Matheson for Mcgroarty +

Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Zegras - Dach - Mcgroarty
Newhook - Beck - Roy

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
More I see Laine's name being tossed around the more I want him

Wouldn't be expensive. Would instantly slide into top 6 role. Would give us more time to see what we have with our prospects without having to rush any big trades.

Best case scenario he redeems himself and he stays with us long term..worst case scenario he sucks - he's gone in 2 years and by then we have a better idea what we have in guys like beck, roy, etc. the timing is too good not to take a stab

If we're gonna trade for a forward this summer, Laine is my target. The others that are being mentioned like Necas and Zegras - no thank you. Take a hike lol
Low risk.............high reward.
2 years and we keep him, or he is gone....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad