HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah Carolina can't fit Laine in, that's a weird suggestion from Portzline. I think he wasn't paying attention to the Hurricanes cap situation. If they go long on the Jarvis deal it will cost them big.

It would have to be a very creative deal for them moving a bunch of money out. They are notorious cheapskates and I bet Waddell won't want to deal with the team that just cut him loose.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Unlike us, we have a ton of talent up front. We have Joshua Roy and Alex Newhook. No need for another forward. The goals will come.
Habs have more talent up front than Carolina has now. They can use another top 6 forward or 2 but any deal has to make sense. I doubt they will move ANY player whose ceiling is still to be determined.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Can't imagine a scenario where the Habs break their salary structure for Patrick Laine lol. Even with retention. Maybe if they took back Gallagher but I can't see him waiving for Columbus.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Unlike us, we have a ton of talent up front. We have Joshua Roy and Alex Newhook. No need for another forward. The goals will come.
Habs have a ton of talent up front, seriously?

The have 3 legit top 6 with CC, Slaf, and NS. A wildcard in Dach. Roy and Newhook who are third liners and then a bunch of scrap parts. This team is far from a lot of talent up front. As it sits now this is a bottom 5 team again.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

The have 3 legit top 6 with CC, Slaf, and NS. A wildcard in Dach. Roy and Newhook who are third liners and then a bunch of scrap parts. This team is far from a lot of talent up front. As it sits now this is a bottom 5 team again.
Newhook and Roy are likely 2nd line talent although maybe not on a Cup contender. Even then Carolina's forwards are mediocre now. No matter what the Habs do they aren't winning anything this year. If the top 6 improves and Dach stays healthy that is a win.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005

Pretty sure that was a comparison to the Hurricanes. Here's their top 6 forwards and the points they got last season:

Aho (89)
Jarvis (67)
Necas (53)
Svechnikov (52)
Martinook (32)
Roslovic (31)

That's not great. They lost Guentzel / Bunting and I don't think William Carrier is all of a sudden going to start producing. Jarvis still needs to be signed and they won't be able to fit him in without getting rid of something else.

Compare to the Habs:

Suzuki (77)
Caufield (65)
Slafkovski (50)
Newhook (34)
Roy (9 in 23 games)
Dach (2 in 1.5 games)

Need some better luck with injuries and some young guys to take the next step, but there's every chance in the world those 6 outscore Carolina's depleted group of forwards.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Pretty sure that was a comparison to the Hurricanes. Here's their top 6 forwards and the points they got last season:

Aho (89)
Jarvis (67)
Necas (53)
Svechnikov (52)
Martinook (32)
Roslovic (31)

That's not great. They lost Guentzel / Bunting and I don't think William Carrier is all of a sudden going to start producing. Jarvis still needs to be signed and they won't be able to fit him in without getting rid of something else.

Compare to the Habs:

Suzuki (77)
Caufield (65)
Slafkovski (50)
Newhook (34)
Roy (9 in 23 games)
Dach (2 in 1.5 games)

Need some better luck with injuries and some young guys to take the next step, but there's every chance in the world those 6 outscore Carolina's depleted group of forwards.
OP said habs have a ton of talent up front, far from it. They have one line, that’s it.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
OP said habs have a ton of talent up front, far from it. They have one line, that’s it.
lol that's incorrect. After the top line, there's enough talent for a decent 2nd line. And we know who is in the pipeline now as well. Habs are stacked at forward, but we're lightyears ahead of the dark ages we've been through in terms of actual talent

Reactions: sampollock

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
that signature takes him to UFA i dont think he stays in Carolina

He'll probably get to 60+ points in the next 2 years which is solid value. It makes sense for them IMO because they have a solid core now, they need to go for it. At this price, Necas is a nice complementary player, decently versatile, and his low AAV allows them to extend some of their guys/go for a big fish. This is good for both sides IMO, he'll get his payday faster and in the meantime the Canes get a great deal

I think he's gone in two years, but that's a later problem for them

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
lol that's incorrect. After the top line, there's enough talent for a decent 2nd line. And we know who is in the pipeline now as well. Habs are stacked at forward, but we're lightyears ahead of the dark ages we've been through in terms of actual talent
Haha!!

Newhook and Roy in the top 6 is far from stacked. Roy is unproven, Newhook is a 3rd liner on a serious playoff team.

They have one bluechip forward prospect, that’s it. The rest are all unproven and may never pan out.

They have 3 top 6 forwards and a question mark in Dach. If that’s stacked, we are doomed.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

and yet the habs cant score. they need scoring, KH even says that
Newhook will be a 3rd line player, you watch

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
and yet the habs cant score. they need scoring, KH even says that
Exactly, they have very little depth past the top 3/4. It’s time for KH to move picks and prospects and add 1 or 2 forward to fill out top 6.

KH must reward the core for their hard work and go out and get them help. This team needs to start playing meaningful games past November, it’s time to turn the corner.

This Newhook Roy idea on the 2nd line is brutal. If these two are in your top 6, your top 6 is a hot mess, stacked, lololol.

Last edited:

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Exactly, they have very little depth past the top 3/4. It’s time for KH to move picks and prospects and add 1 or 2 forward to fill out top 6.

KH must reward the core for their hard work and go out and get them help.

This Newhook Roy idea on the 2nd is brutal.
funny that fans say this stuff, yet the GM even admits the scoring is weak. Take a look at the PP

Reactions: Habby4Life

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
funny that fans say this stuff, yet the GM even admits the scoring is weak. Take a look at the PP

They lost how many one goal games last year, and what did they add, a maybe healthy Dach while the teams around them got better. As it is, if KH doesn’t shore up the top 6 this team finishes bottom 5.

What, injuries won’t happen, every guy will progress, etc.

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Haha!!

Newhook and Roy in the top 6 is far from stacked. Roy is unproven, Newhook is a 3rd liner on a serious playoff team.

They have one bluechip forward prospect, that’s it. The rest are all unproven and may never pan out.

They have 3 top 6 forwards and a question mark in Dach. If that’s stacked, we are doomed.
Honest typo, meant to write the habs AREN'T stacked, but but we're lightyears ahead of the dark ages we've been through in terms of actual talent

Feel free to respond to my actual meaning. my bad

Reactions: sampollock

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Hage and possibly Demidov can fill that role. It would be nice to get a centre who can fill that role this season if Dach goes down to give the team a chance to vie for a playoff spot.

Dach was like 5x the hype of a Hague though, he should have been a #1 by now, I suspect this is his last chance to show it. If he's hurt again, he can f*** off

Reactions: Habby4Life

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Honest typo, meant to write the habs AREN'T stacked, but but we're lightyears ahead of the dark ages we've been through in terms of actual talent

Feel free to respond to my actual meaning. my bad
I agree with your statement, 100%.

KH has turned this org around but there is a lot of work to be done. Still a lot of holes up front and in the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad