HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Offseason thread??? Damn! Time really does fly.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I seem to remember a draft recently (could have even been last year) as something that was going to be filled with a crazy amount of movement/action and like nothing happened. This is the NHL after all, can't be too exciting after a Game 7 final.

But hey, we did have two impactful trades before the final was even done so. Maybe GMs are itching.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Who can it be...

1) Draft:
* Demidov, Iggy, Lindstrom, Catton, Sennecke.... or one of the D

2) Trades:
* Zegras, Necas, Laine, Rossi.

3) UFA:
* Stamkos, Toffoli, Monahan

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Friedman hinted during the cup finals last night that they expect the next few days to have a lot of movement, a lot of talking going on.

Let's see if it gets started today, the Ullmark trade did go down last night.
Ullmark trade good trade for Boston. They gain first round pick and freed up some caproom. Somehow I think it ends my idea of drafting Stiga though. I would offer extra 3rd to jump over Boston.

Korpisola good backup behind B's defense. He's career .901% but played on some lousy teams.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Draft......Levshunov

Trade for....Necas.......26th + Harris + Mesar

Sign Stammer....5 years 7.25 million

2025 Stanley Cup Champions
Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Stamkos - Dach - Necas
Newhook - Dvorak - Armia
Anderson - Evans - Gally
Roy

Guhle - Matheson
Hutson - Savard
Xhekaj - Mailloux
Kovacevic/Reinbacher

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Ullmark trade good trade for Boston. They gain first round pick and freed up some caproom. Somehow I think it ends my idea of drafting Stiga though. I would offer extra 3rd to jump over Boston.

Korpisola good backup behind B's defense. He's career .901% but played on some lousy teams.
What pick did Ottawa give up ?

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Zegras/Laine/Necas are all intriguing pieces to add to our top 6, but if the trade price for them is similar to the price to obtain a pick in the 10-15 range then I'd honestly be leaning towards the pick.

Getting a guy like Sennecke/Eiserman/Catton would be ideal. I could see all 3 of those guys being ready to step in and make an impact as early as the 2025-2026 season, which will hopefully be when we finally step into our window. Having one of those guys in our top 6 on an ELC would give us a ton of flexibility, similar to Dallas with Stankoven/Johnston providing significant production on their ELC's.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I have a feeling Habs trade Matheson this offseason. I Guess we will see.

If Habs come out of the offseason with a top 4 RHD and top 6 forward (prospect or actual roster player), i think it will be a big win.

The interesting thing is Hugues have lots of munitions to pull the trigger and the timing is pretty good. Just need to find the right dancing partner.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Zegras/Laine/Necas are all intriguing pieces to add to our top 6, but if the trade price for them is similar to the price to obtain a pick in the 10-15 range then I'd honestly be leaning towards the pick.

Getting a guy like Sennecke/Eiserman/Catton would be ideal. I could see all 3 of those guys being ready to step in and make an impact as early as the 2025-2026 season, which will hopefully be when we finally step into our window. Having one of those guys in our top 6 on an ELC would give us a ton of flexibility, similar to Dallas with Stankoven/Johnston providing significant production on their ELC's.

If we get Lindstrom at 5, Catton would be the perfect pick in the early teens, if we can somehow trade up from 26.

One team people don't talk much is Minnesota at 13. I think they would be a fit for Matheson as they will probably want to compete the next two before Kaprizov becomes UFA.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If we get Lindstrom at 5, Catton would be the perfect pick in the early teens, if we can somehow trade up from 26.

One team people don't talk much is Minnesota at 13. I think they would be a fit for Matheson as they will probably want to compete the next two before Kaprizov becomes UFA.
If im not mistaken arent the Wilds in big penalties the next season with Parise and Suter? Matheson with his salary could fit for them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad