HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
i agree with you we need to give him some time. And for me, he will be back on track sooner than later if he stays healthy.

If we come back to my trade, i trade Dach not because he sucks but because he is a legitimate young 2nd line center that would interest a team that has a top pair RHD to trade.

So all in all, would you, has a Habs fan, trade our 2nd line center to stabilize our D?

For me i do it because i'm more confident with our depth at C with Hage, maybe Demidov, Beck, kapanen than our depth on rhd with Reinbacher (injuries) and Mailloux (not convince he is top 4 material).
I dont know if I would so it. People are so focus on Andersson right now, thinking he may may be available. If I was to trade Dach, I would want a younger D in return, a Nemec for example.

Reactions: mdk and LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
MTL C line is too weak to entertain this and there are too many "if" in the scenario.

I'm the first to say Dach hasn't look good, but we have have to take a chill pill and let the guy play and regain his form. May I remind people that last year, at this exact same time, people wanted to send Slaf in Laval?? he turn his season around in Dec/Jan.... Lets give Dach the same space to work on his game, and he may be back to this dominant player we saw last pre-season.
Personally i'm more and more convinced Dach is not a center. Too weak defensively and on the facoffs dot and not enough time to improve it before he is too old. The improvement should have happened by now. To good thing with Dach is everytime we used him as a winger he looked good there like Monahan. I think he'll eventually return to the wing.

Reactions: Rapala

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Personally i'm more and more convinced Dach is not a center. Too weak defensively and on the facoffs dot and not enough time to improve it before he is too old. The improvement should have happened by now. To good thing with Dach is everytime we used him as a winger he looked good there like Monahan. I think he'll eventually return to the wing.

I dont like him at C either, even when I think of him in his last year pre-season form. This is why I said MTL C line is weak. Yeah we have Beck, Kapanen, and maybe Xhekaj jr. that can play C, but that is on the bottom 6. We only have Suzuki as a real top 6 C right now in the organisation. So be default, you play Dach and Newhook and hope they can do the job. Hage is too far away to help, but I like what I see.

So all that to say, until a better option come along, you play Dach at C and help him as he's the best alternative. Maybe he turns it around, if not, at least you know where you stand with him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You aren't the only one Max Lap doesn't think he's center material either. Good winger though.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The Romanov for a first round pick was great. The Dach trade was a mistake in retrospect. Same for the Lehkonen trade. Maybe they should focus on drafting well and unless an obvious Monahan trade shows up, no need to rush the rebuild.
if Dach is not a centre, then it was too much for him

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I dont like him at C either, even when I think of him in his last year pre-season form. This is why I said MTL C line is weak. Yeah we have Beck, Kapanen, and maybe Xhekaj jr. that can play C, but that is on the bottom 6. We only have Suzuki as a real top 6 C right now in the organisation. So be default, you play Dach and Newhook and hope they can do the job. Hage is too far away to help, but I like what I see.

So all that to say, until a better option come along, you play Dach at C and help him as he's the best alternative. Maybe he turns it around, if not, at least you know where you stand with him.
We could get by with a Suzuki Evans one two if we could put together a great exploitation line as a third.
Evans however would need better line mates to help him play that shut down role.
It may be the only way to have a modicum of success this season going forward.

I think it likely a Dach/Laine duo would get exposed if given a 2C role.
Maybe a more favorable match up could help.
I mean we could always call them our second line similar to when we called Suzuki our first line despite it actually being Danault.

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Habs need that Eichel type player to get near a cup. Not many available . Lafreniere coming into his own, ready now. Habs be drafting late with him added. Only 2 of his caliber in upcoming draft. Even if we draft top 2 this draft be 5 years before he's ready. Rangers in caphell, hard against cap now. With 20 million coming increases to Shesterkin, Lafreniere, Miller, Chyil, Tempe. Trouba not moving, he loves NY with full NMC.

That's if you're interested in winning a cup. If you not, then your post more right than mine
Montreal needs a Carey Price type player to get near a cup.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
soft this team is. KH has to figure out how to thoughen this team up. and pezz is not the answer
I said it before toughness has to be on the ice not on the bench and not in the press box.
Toughness needs to be seeded throughout the lineup and I'm not simply talking about the fighting kind.
Our top six needs a POS player or even two given the environment in our conference.
This idea of putting frilly pieces out there and hoping for success is as naive as is building a championship team based on skill alone.
The nay sayers can kiss my ass their favorite come back being oh the Tampa Bay Lightning blah blah blah.
Meanwhile the Tampa Bay lightning were tough as shit both mentally and physically.
Kucherov that POS himself is tougher than anyone we have in our top six.
Go down their list of players and almost everyone of them plays and pulls above their weight.
Even then they didn't succeed until they introduced semi goons into their bottom.

Reactions: Kosseca

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The team is definitely banking on some progression this season, I'd be almost willing to bet that finishing under .500 would be seen as a major lost internally. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them look at making a trade to right the ship early.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Probably looking for another player that adds nothing the team needs.

High end skill, toughness, or a RHD that's a stability on the back end, would also be nice.

A combination

Struble someone i would be looking to dangle to get some depth on top 6 offence.
He's not worth that.

If you want top 6 help, you're looking at a 1st+ Struble.

Middle 6 is possible a 2nd and Struble.

A 3rd liner for Struble is probably what happens 1 for 1

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I said it before toughness has to be on the ice not on the bench and not in the press box.
Toughness needs to be seeded throughout the lineup and I'm not simply talking about the fighting kind.
Our top six needs a POS player or even two given the environment in our conference.
This idea of putting frilly pieces out there and hoping for success is as naive as is building a championship team based on skill alone.
The nay sayers can kiss my ass their favorite come back being oh the Tampa Bay Lightning blah blah blah.
Meanwhile the Tampa Bay lightning were tough as shit both mentally and physically.
Kucherov that POS himself is tougher than anyone we have in our top six.
Go down their list of players and almost everyone of them plays and pulls above their weight.
Even then they didn't succeed until they introduced semi goons into their bottom.

This is my view as well. We have too many player that dont have a "mean" edge to their game, including Suzuki and CC. Maybe once the team wins more they will expect a higher level of respect and will get more edgy when they play, but players like Armia and Dvorak are more a immediate problem.

Ironically, the two guys for me that have more toughness are Gally and Anderson. and there are so many fans wanting them out.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

You forget Hage. It's too soon to project him but if he keeps playing like that for the full year in Michigan he'll have to be considered as a legit 1st line center prospect.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
You forget Hage. It's too soon to project him but if he keeps playing like that for the full year in Michigan he'll have to be considered as a legit 1st line center prospect.

I didn't forget him, I actually said in my post that I see him being too far away, but liking what he doing so far. If the turn into a legit top 6 C (does even need to be a no1C) this would be fantastic. But with Dach being a so-so experiment right now, and hage being too far away to project, making sure the depth chart has redundancy for a top 6C seems wise. We all know you can move a C to W or you can easily trade a good C for help somewhere else, so.... never a good thing to build this side of the farm system.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This is my view as well. We have too many player that dont have a "mean" edge to their game, including Suzuki and CC. Maybe once the team wins more they will expect a higher level of respect and will get more edgy when they play, but players like Armia and Dvorak are more a immediate problem.

Ironically, the two guys for me that have more toughness are Gally and Anderson. and there are so many fans wanting them out.
Yeah the problem is you need both some sort of above average skill to go along with the toughness.
I remember watching the Caps win their first cup and remarking on TJ Oshie's play.
That guy wasn't only tough he was a beast and hard to play against with out having to be a POS they had Wilson for that.
Lars Eller displayed another sort of toughness with his heavy board possession game wearing down Dmen.
Suzuki is tough in his way as is Slaf but Caufield does not compliment the type of toughness they bring.
One of the reasons I don't consider him a great first line player. It's all about balance and we have none.

Reactions: Kosseca

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Yeah the problem is you need both some sort of above average skill to go along with the toughness.
I remember watching the Caps win their first cup and remarking on TJ Oshie's play.
That guy wasn't only tough he was a beast and hard to play against with out having to be a POS they had Wilson for that.
Lars Eller displayed another sort of toughness with his heavy board possession game wearing down Dmen.
Suzuki is tough in his way as is Slaf but Caufield does not compliment the type of toughness they bring.
One of the reasons I don't consider him a great first line player. It's all about balance and we have none.

We are in a bitter-sweet period as fans. On one had, we see lots of young players with potential but they are not ready. And we still have anchors that prevents the team from pushing to the next level. So I guess that we have to look at the roster as a incomplete puzzle, one where we can ask ourselves, what is missing to complete the picture. Understanding the gaps allows us to address them in due time. I just hope KG/Gorton see the same thing and are thinking of a plan to address this.

Bottom line is that we can't fix the Habs this season, will take more time, more patience.... As much as I would like them to win now, I much prefer see them dominate for 10yrs because good choices where made.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Anderson is not tough anymore. Neither he or Gallagher can do anything to protect their teammates

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anderson is not tough anymore. Neither he or Gallagher can do anything to protect their teammates
Anderson when playing the first line did nothing to back up a Caufield who was getting harrassed two seasons ago.
Didn't step in didn't growl didn't frown. That was my f*** OFF Anderson moment and once you have one it's done. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad