HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024-25 Season

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
They're not trading him.

[...]

Woah woah woah...let's calm down a bit.
I agree, can't see MTL trading Arber anytime soon. The need him now with Barron out for a while and even Matheson?? Regardless of injury, I still think that it was unlikely that he'd be traded unless it would be for a king's ransom.

If you need to know anything about my avatar, it's that i'm not into pop music. So if I say that I'd rather listen to TS then GL... then you can infer that this guy is really bad in my book. lol

Reactions: 417

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Is Dante Fabbro that bad these days?

3 previous yr, avg 19 min of ice time but getting scratched this yr

Just seeing Savard lumber around the ice and LM not ready, and Barron concussed and not progressing. Worth swing? Probably not but who knows

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I agree, can't see MTL trading Arber anytime soon. The need him now with Barron out for a while and even Matheson?? Regardless of injury, I still think that it was unlikely that he'd be traded unless it would be for a king's ransom.
There's no indication the organization wants to trade him. Also, you don't typically make a guy who doesn't have a lot of NHL experience a healthy scratch if you're looking to trade him.
If you need to know anything about my avatar, it's that i'm not into pop music. So if I say that I'd rather listen to TS then GL... then you can infer that this guy is really bad in my book. lol
LOL fair.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Except it was mostly speculation and most actual insiders only mentioned about that he could be made available.
Which is exactly what I’m saying. Are you really being this pedantic

A team in a rebuild with one of the worst prospect pools in the league has a 27 year old defenceman with two years left at a decent cap hit. No, never available :laugh:

Positive Vibes

Habs4Life
Jun 24, 2016
Canada
Pace sometimes is irrelevant. Newhook is a 30 pts player on a contender team and a 45/50 pts player on a bad team.
It’s like when I play hockey, if im the best player of my team, our team is not that strong. If i’m the 4th best forward, we have a hell of a a team. Newhook is the same here. He is playing too much, so he will get his part of points. Right now, with all the injury. He is the 4th best player. He should be our 7 or 8th best player
i mean i disagree with what your saying mostly tbh but like i said i think newhook is better on the 3rd line rather than the second line i was just saying that isnt a guy you trade considering hes young, can fit in anywhere and fast

Last edited:
Reactions: Miller Time

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Listening to Tony's podcast
says we need a centre... still this is coming up ... no centre after Nick
and
they need toughness. lol
He’s right. Dach being sub 40 on the draw isn’t good enough, looks like he might be better on the wing.

Toughness, yes but guys who can skate. The whole bottom six is a mess. They also need a veteran D that isn’t too old.

There is a lot of work that must be done.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He’s right. Dach being sub 40 on the draw isn’t good enough, looks like he might be better on the wing.

Toughness, yes but guys who can skate. The whole bottom six is a mess. They also need a veteran D that isn’t too old.

There is a lot of work that must be done.
He’s not even that good on the wing, he can’t shoot. Still have hopes that he figures it out down the middle but maybe not a 2C.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Which is exactly what I’m saying. Are you really being this pedantic

A team in a rebuild with one of the worst prospect pools in the league has a 27 year old defenceman with two years left at a decent cap hit. No, never available :laugh:
Calgary is not rebuilding. They should be but they are going to keep trying to make the playoffs so if he was available it would only have been for a king's ransom.

Reactions: Ezpz

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Calgary is not rebuilding. They should be but they are going to keep trying to make the playoffs so if he was available it would only have been for a king's ransom.
Yep western conference is absolute trash tons of teams doing the bargainbin make the playoffs and anything can happen with not good enough rosters. No real contenders there due to cap constraints or poor depth. Avs got uniquely screwed by drugs and injuries.

Even Arizona add one top four dman and sergachev and will push for a spot.

Positive Vibes

Habs4Life
Jun 24, 2016
Canada
on the note of trading Xhekaj, it would be a misstep to trade him when the team needs guys like him in the lineup then for him to basically say he's lacking confidence just to be scratched for the next game afterward, i could see there being some chance management move him out .

i would trade barron and struble far before trading Xhekaj We need to get bigger and tougher and moving out the Sherriff would be a step back in what this team needs to have success in this league IMO.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'd love to know what the cost would be for Lawson Crouse. I'm sure high, but how high.

Arber is 23, I'm not willing to cut ties just yet.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Yep western conference is absolute trash tons of teams doing the bargainbin make the playoffs and anything can happen with not good enough rosters. No real contenders there due to cap constraints or poor depth. Avs got uniquely screwed by drugs and injuries.

Even Arizona add one top four dman and sergachev and will push for a spot.
Utah will have a chance if they can hang until their 2 d with long term injuries return,

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
My experience in Columbus is that the fans wrote written bad about the GM and after the coaching change it turned out that we actually have a great team. So much criticized Provorov is probably the best defenseman, the similarly criticized Severson is playing very well, Christiansen is a reliable complementary defenseman who complements Severson very well. Marchenko, Chinakhov, Sillinger, Danforth, Olivier are real reinforcements.

So I wouldn't underrated players. You criticize Dach. But he hasn't actually played all season. For us Nyquist didn't start playing normally until earlier in the season after missing the season, it's November/December. It's also not fair to Newhook. I've watched some of your games, luckily I have the opportunity to watch NHL games on tape. If Dach is at center and Armia is playing right wing, what are you waiting for, something special? Besides, he can play center, which Lehkonen couldn't, and that's important.

In defense you have a kindergarden, that's why players make mistakes under pressure. That's a question of experience. In many ways, that's why there are problems. One thing is tactic, another thing is when you have experienced players, including NHL stars, playing against defensive duo - Hutson (20 years/8 NHL games), Mailloux (21/2). And in the third, you have the 35-year-old Savard, who's slowly starting to come along, and the 23-year-old Struble, with 57 NHL games under his belt. One of the most experienced players is 23-year-old Barron with 100 games (previously played with the Rangers). Who has played in the third pair.

You can train tactical schemes. But then along comes an experienced team that doesn't play by the weather. And if the players have a problem, especially because of their age, to follow them, there is a problem.

Btw, I really like the Anderson - Evans - Gallagher line. Kapanen and Heineman are very good too. Suzuki is starting to improve his play.

If to Rangers, they've always had great had great contraattacks (I do not know if use right word) note last PO. They didn't look that strong at 5-5 overall, but their contracts were top. That was making problems for Florida as well.

But I must I have to agree with you in one thing, you need a player like our Mathieu Olivier, an enforcer who can play hockey.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
My experience in Columbus is that the fans wrote written bad about the GM and after the coaching change it turned out that we actually have a great team. So much criticized Provorov is probably the best defenseman, the similarly criticized Severson is playing very well, Christiansen is a reliable complementary defenseman who complements Severson very well. Marchenko, Chinakhov, Sillinger, Danforth, Olivier are real reinforcements.

So I wouldn't underrated players. You criticize Dach. But he hasn't actually played all season. For us Nyquist didn't start playing normally until earlier in the season after missing the season, it's November/December. It's also not fair to Newhook. I've watched some of your games, luckily I have the opportunity to watch NHL games on tape. If Dach is at center and Armia is playing right wing, what are you waiting for, something special? Besides, he can play center, which Lehkonen couldn't, and that's important.

In defense you have a kindergarden, that's why players make mistakes under pressure. That's a question of experience. In many ways, that's why there are problems. One thing is tactic, another thing is when you have experienced players, including NHL stars, playing against defensive duo - Hutson (20 years/8 NHL games), Mailloux (21/2). And in the third, you have the 35-year-old Savard, who's slowly starting to come along, and the 23-year-old Struble, with 57 NHL games under his belt. One of the most experienced players is 23-year-old Barron with 100 games (previously played with the Rangers). Who has played in the third pair.

You can train tactical schemes. But then along comes an experienced team that doesn't play by the weather. And if the players have a problem, especially because of their age, to follow them, there is a problem.

Btw, I really like the Anderson - Evans - Gallagher line. Kapanen and Heineman are very good too. Suzuki is starting to improve his play.

If to Rangers, they've always had great had great contraattacks (I do not know if use right word) note last PO. They didn't look that strong at 5-5 overall, but their contracts were top. That was making problems for Florida as well.

But I must I have to agree with you in one thing, you need a player like our Mathieu Olivier, an enforcer who can play hockey.
BUT.... you destroyed the figs so good on the CBJ

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Not rebuilding but they traded Lindholm, Hanifin, Tanev, Zadorov, Toffoli, Monahan, Mangiapane, Markstrom the last two years. Okay

• Haha
Reactions: sampollock

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
What about looking into Dylan Cozens in Buffalo?

He’s having a very rough start to the year, and has look dissatisfied and unmotivated.

Would the Sabres part ways with him? What would the cost be? Would they trade within the division or would we have to have a third team involved?

Habs have some picks, prospects and vets they could package together, no idea what the cost would be, but I’d be very interested if Cozens was made available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad