HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yes please I am 100% on board with getting Leonard. Value wise that's probably fair and I would jump on that if I was MTL, but I doubt caps would do that.
The Caps who pulled the tent pegs in the first place to be able to get a player like Leonard will not be selling him C'mon people.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
So, who are we landing this week?
Laine, Zegras, Necas, McGroarty or none of the above?
All of em. We're going on a 2009 Bob Gainey run of getting guys.

In all seriousness I think we get Laine. I think we take a really good run at Necas but Dundon is still a lil b word about the previous offersheet and won't let Tulsky play ball.

Reactions: BergevinBurner

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Matheson put 60 points but fans talk as he was garbage because he makes a lot of turnovers. It's just a normal considering his big ice time and that he was nearly alone to be able to transport the puck.

I didn't take the time to make a search about the legitimacy of this quote, but if it's true, a lot of fans are going to be ashamed of how they are treating Matheson .

" the 7 players who committed the most turnovers last year; David Patrnak, Evgeni Malkin, Leon Draisaitl, Artemi Panarin, Erik Karlsson, Nikita Kucherov, Mitch Marner. "
And we all know Erik Karlsson was terribad.
The others are all forwards and don't equate IMO.
It's really not ideal having defencemen turning the puck over in hockey.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I'm starting to wonder if Reilly Smith might not be the guy we acquire in the end.

Decent size, would slot right in next to Dach on the second line, and is signed for only one more year at 5 millions a year.

The Pens are ridiculously thin on D and could use one of our lesser trade chips like Harris or Barron.

I think this is something that would make a lot of sense. The risk is minimal, the payoff is decent, and it's only one year for decent money (5M).

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Smith - Dach - Newhook
Armia - Dvorak - Gallagher
UFA (Trenin/Duhaime) - Evans - Anderson

Far from being sexy, likely still a bottom-12 team, but at the very least it would provide Dach with another semi-capable winger.

Another guy we overlook and who might really well end up here is Matt Duchene.

The guy already signed his big contract, is still getting plenty of money from his buyout, is a huge Habs fan, and might not be getting that much term at 33 years old. A longshot but not THAT much of a ridiculous one.

Last edited:
Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I'm starting to wonder if Reilly Smith might not be the guy we acquire in the end.

Decent size, would slot right in next to Dach on the second line, and is signed for only one more year at 5 millions a year.

The Pens are ridiculously thin on D and could use one of our lesser trade chips like Harris or Barron.

I think this is something that would make a lot of sense. The risk is minimal, the payoff is decent, and it's only one year for decent money (5M).

Slafkovsky - Suzuki - Caufield
Smith - Dach - Newhook
Armia - Dvorak - Gallagher
UFA - Evans - Anderson

Far from being sexy, likely still a bottom-12 team, but at the very least it would provide Dach with another semi-capable winger.
I don't see the Habs giving up an asset for a one year guy.
Not sure if Smith has positive value at this point. I think the Pens would be happy to just get rid of his cap hit.

Maybe as a plan D, if he's free or come with a sweetener.

Reactions: Miller Time

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Not sure if Smith has positive value at this point. I think the Pens would be happy to just get rid of his cap hit.

I don't really see us getting into a long term engagement at significant money this summer neither. And let's be real. Harris and Barron's values are pretty much nil. You're not getting a ton for those guys and with the logjam coming up you might end up losing them for even less if you just hang on to them.

Not saying Reilly Smith is my plan A. But I don't see us acquiring a lot of terms except if it's for a guy like Necas or Zegras.

And Harris/Barron + the 26th ain't going to get us those guys. To get ANA or CAR talking you need to start with Guhle or Xhekaj.

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
I don't really see us getting into a long term engagement at significant money this summer neither. And let's be real. Harris and Barron's values are pretty much nil. You're not getting a ton for those guys and with the logjam coming up you might end up losing them for even less if you just hang on to them.

Not saying Reilly Smith is my plan A. But I don't see us acquiring a lot of terms except if it's for a guy like Necas or Zegras.

And Harris/Barron + the 26th ain't going to get us those guys. To get ANA or CAR talking you need to start with Guhle or Xhekaj.
I agree that he'd fit term wise as a stop gap, if the Habs can't find better players in trades.

But why would you say that Harris and Barron's value is nil?

Just because they probably can't get you a player like Necas doesn't mean that they're worthless.
There's a big gap between Necas and Riley Smith in terms of value.

Just because the Habs have a lot of Ds, doesn't mean that they have to give some away.
That wouldn't be good assets management.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Definitely... He's a vet that would require either a sweetener or offloading a bad cap hit in return.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Here but no longer posting regularly and it’s probably for the best.

You and others are doing a great job keeping exchanges interesting and that’s all that really matters. :)
Bullshit it’s for the best. The board is poorer without you buddy, its understandable to take some time away in the off season but we need you around and posting.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
My posts have become the object of excess scrutiny and that translates into limited posting freedom. If the individual or individuals doing this want(s) to contact me, I’d love to know what I’ve been doing wrong.
Whaaaat the f***?!

Demote the asshole coming after you. I don't give a shit. You're the best there is, Runner - and one of the reasons I (and I'm sure MOST others) love this place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad