HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Not realizing that you didn't respond to my proposition is ironic for the rest of us.
Now you speak for the board eh :lol:

Injuries
Strawman
Irony

The list of words that don't mean what you think they mean grow with each compounding bad take.
You have no qualification about this particular subject.
your poor takes highlight that you have zero clue about high performance sport.

Assuming you know my qualifications is a great example of why assuming makes an ass of...
"Injuries aren't what you appear to think they are, simple as that." What in the hell are you talking about, this is about the most ignorant and dumb statement you could possibly come up with lol. Kudos, hard to top that. Takes a special character.

even with a youth sport performance level of understanding of sport injuries, you'd be able to understand... But clearly that's out of reach. My suggestion, go book a physio appointment and talk to them about injuries, rehab, recovery and return to play... Might help fix your confusion :dunno:

Bottom line.
83 + 5 games. 60 points. 29 years old.

That's the last season of the player you claim to be a write off due to previous injuries. Nuff said.

Last edited:
Reactions: the

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Don't expect Laine to bounce back and become the star he was projected to be pre-draft, but I think he'd be a fine reclamation project. I can't see Columbus asking for much considering he's got a bad contract.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
If you close your eyes put your two fingers in each ear and forget all the red flags about him and sing lalalalalala Laine might seem like a good idea

• Haha
Reactions: Egresch

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Hockey fans be like: BellLetsTalk and all that but god help someone who gets treated for mental health issues... them be red flags, incurable, unforgivable, unforgettable red flags!
Yes because hockey decision on the ice , it's clearly not a good solution.
Surely the Montreal fanbase will cheer him up if he manages to get 0 goals in 15 games like the media and fans did for Drouin 5 years

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Yes because hockey decision on the ice , it's clearly not a good solution.
Surely the Montreal fanbase will cheer him up if he manages to get 0 goals in 15 games like the media and fans did for Drouin 5 years
Habs fans were incredibly supportive of Drouin at all times and right up until he left. Any statement to the contrary is false.

How much hate has Josh Anderson really endured despite being a massive bust in all ways? Barely any. Habs fans worship the Habs and its players. The days of booing Brisebois are long-gone.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Looking through UFAs, i would think the following are the most likely to be signed to a short term deal;

Matt Duchene
Vladimir Tarasenko
Adam Henrique
David Perron
Anthony Mantha
Daniel Sprong
Anthony Duclair
Jake DeBrusk
James Van Riemsdyk
Jason Zucker

If I had to guess, DeBrusk, Perron, Mantha, Duclair, Sprong and Zucker seem the likeliest to sign here.

If I had to wager, I'd put my money on Perron.
Patty Kane too

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Habs fans were incredibly supportive of Drouin at all times and right up until he left. Any statement to the contrary is false.

How much hate has Josh Anderson really endured despite being a massive bust in all ways? Barely any. Habs fans worship the Habs and its players. The days of booing Brisebois are long-gone.
Anderson was called up often even by MSL during a game . Not sure where we going with this one.

Im talking on ice , Drouin was ass and couldn't handle the heat on the ice.

If we need a homeboy who doesn't care lets take David Perron for a year.

Someone will take the bait for Laine but i sure hope it's not us.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Looking through UFAs, i would think the following are the most likely to be signed to a short term deal;

Matt Duchene
Vladimir Tarasenko
Adam Henrique
David Perron
Anthony Mantha
Daniel Sprong
Anthony Duclair
Jake DeBrusk
James Van Riemsdyk
Jason Zucker

If I had to guess, DeBrusk, Perron, Mantha, Duclair, Sprong and Zucker seem the likeliest to sign here.

If I had to wager, I'd put my money on Perron.
Debrusk will sign 4-5 years

I think Perron is the one who make the most since and we know that he wants to play here

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Debrusk will sign 4-5 years

I think Perron is the one who make the most since and we know that he wants to play here
Perron makes sense for 1 year and I think they will consider him if they could not land a trade for top6 player.
CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Armia
Perron-Dvorak-Roy
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher
and we still might have Pezzetta, RHP, Ylonen?

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Laine, assuming he/his agent confirmed his understanding and openness to playing in a high pressure market, would be a very interesting target...

Regardless of spin, the trade request + his health issues (mental + physical) + cap hit will depress Waddell's negotiation leverage.

If we can do any of:
- send 1 of Gally/Anderson the other way
- pay minimal assets (depth prospects or picks)
-get cbj to retain ~40% (~5M cap hit)

It's a slam dunk imo.
It's the retention piece that I'm doubtful on. Still not a deal breaker though, if we ship Anderson the other way.

Anderson + 26th + Harris

Slaf - Suzuki - Laine
Newhook - Dach - Caufield
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Pezz - Evans - Gally

Damn fine lineup.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Now you speak for the board eh :lol:

Injuries
Strawman
Irony

The list of words that don't mean what you think they mean grow with each compounding bad take.

your poor takes highlight that you have zero clue about high performance sport.

Assuming you know my qualifications is a great example of why assuming makes an ass of...

even with a youth sport performance level of understanding of sport injuries, you'd be able to understand... But clearly that's out of reach. My suggestion, go book a physio appointment and talk to them about injuries, rehab, recovery and return to play... Might help fix your confusion :dunno:

Bottom line.
83 + 5 games. 60 points. 29 years old.

That's the last season of the player you claim to be a write off due to previous injuries. Nuff said.

So what are these qualifications? (you don't know mines either)

You are making a whole lot of claims. Let's play this out.

Did you ever have a labrum tear in both your hips? Are you a MD, a surgeon or a physio?
My suggestion is go read what I said before you end up looking silly.

Last edited:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Perron makes sense for 1 year and I think they will consider him if they could not land a trade for top6 player.
CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Newhook-Dach-Armia
Perron-Dvorak-Roy
Anderson-Evans-Gallagher
and we still might have Pezzetta, RHP, Ylonen?

Perron is 36. 1 year deal? Sure but why? I rather sign Toffoli and/or Monahan for 3 years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
So what are these qualifications? (you don't know mines either)
3 decades in various roles in high performance sport.
You are making a whole lot of claims. Let's play this out.
1 claim. Your take is terrible. Have a take, don't suck. It ain't that hard.
Did you ever have a labrum tear in both your hips? Are you a MD, a surgeon or a physio?
My suggestion is go read what I said before you end up looking silly.
88 games.
60pts.

Silly indeed.

Now, if you are done clogging up the thread with nonsense personal chatter, let's stick to hockey, shall we?

No its not at all, in fact he missed a lot of time the season before. The guy is damaged goods, he's on his last leg (literally), we have to move on from such players. We got assets back, great. Now let's build this team with younger, healthier players.

Fact - Monahan in 2018 was "younger and healthier".

Fact - By 2021 it was unclear if he would be able to continue playing pro hockey, let alone stay in the NHL due to his injuries.

Fact- In 2024 he played a full season without missing any games due to injury and produced at his highest rate since... 2018-19

Fact - Countless NHLers (and athletes in various team sports) have recovered from significant injuries that could have ended their career and/or limited their ability to perform at a high level... And gone on to play multiple seasons at a high level.

Playball ⚾

Reactions: Habs Icing

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Love Matheson offensive side but he's not good on defensive side.If Canes want him for Necas you take this deal all day long .Hutson will take over for Matheson. Add Zegras and Senneke/Demidov and we are off to the races.
This would explain why Marty will complain to Huges about trading away Zegras & Sennecke/Demidov. They're never at practice.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Don't expect Laine to bounce back and become the star he was projected to be pre-draft, but I think he'd be a fine reclamation project. I can't see Columbus asking for much considering he's got a bad contract.
I'd see them having to use a retention slot to get any significant hockey trade. So Anderson for Laine no retention on either side is a fair offer.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's the retention piece that I'm doubtful on. Still not a deal breaker though, if we ship Anderson the other way.

Anderson + 26th + Harris

Slaf - Suzuki - Laine
Newhook - Dach - Caufield
Roy - Dvorak - Armia
Pezz - Evans - Gally

Damn fine lineup.

Pretty sure the Jackets will want the Jets 1st and Dvorak. Their center depth sucks. Anderson can be added but probably have to add the Avs 2nd.

Then go sign Monahan to replace Dvorak and keep Newhook on wing as center insurance. Dvorak and Anderson are close to Laine's cap hit ($1.25M difference). Sign Monahan as a bridge to developing Beck and Kapanen.

Not sure if I like it or not. Meh. Love Laine's shot and talent but it's risky. He could come here and rebound and then walk in 2 seasons. What does this do for our long term vision? Not much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad