Proposal: Trade: Leafs, Senators blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Toronto fans will say how good their players are and no way they'll do this deal. Meanwhile everyone else will say it makes no sense for Ottawa.

Nylander is overpaid (edit: In cap hit, not real dollars) with only 3 years of team control and Rielly is expiring after this year and Ottawa won't be able to resign him.

This makes absolutely no sense for Ottawa.

Last edited:

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Lol add Mathews and add a first or two from Ottawa, yours isn’t close

And Leaf fans over rate their players? :help:

Toronto fans will say how good their players are and no way they'll do this deal. Meanwhile everyone else will say it makes no sense for Ottawa.

Nylander is overpaid with only 3 years of team control and Rielly is expiring after this year and Ottawa won't be able to resign him.

Nylander overpaid? lol

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
As a fan of neither please tell us. ,,,Why does Ottawa do this.

Because it is a good trade for Toronto. I said 2 years ago that Toronto should trade BT for MM. could you imagine how TO would have done with that extra cap space and BT? MM is a great player, but Toronto needs a BT more.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018

Nylander is overpaid with only 3 years of team control and Rielly is expiring after this year and Ottawa won't be able to resign him.

What if both BT and MR are signed to long term deals? MR was a norris finalist not to long ago and would easily be Ottawa's #1 D if healthy. Anyone who knows hockey knows Nylander is underpaid (cap and real dollars) and under appreciated also. Maybe Brady wants close to 10 million per and Ottawa won't/can't pay. I don't know, I thought it was decent trade value both ways..

Reactions: 63 others

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

You really love to spout nonsense. Nylander is overpaid yet Tkachuk is about to sign for more than him without having produced anywhere near what Nylander has. I wouldn't trade Nylander straight up for Tkachuk and even as a rental Rielly is worth more than the Bernard-docker and I'm the furthest thing from a Leafs fan.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Because it is a good trade for Toronto. I said 2 years ago that Toronto should trade BT for MM. could you imagine how TO would have done with that extra cap space and BT? MM is a great player, but Toronto needs a BT more.
Yea extra cap room because one of those players is elite and the other is overrated based on his daddy's last name.

Reactions: District99

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
What if both BT and MR are signed to long term deals? MR was a norris finalist not to long ago and would easily be Ottawa's #1 D if healthy. Anyone who knows hockey knows Nylander is underpaid (cap and real dollars) and under appreciated also. Maybe Brady wants close to 10 million per and Ottawa won't/can't pay. I don't know, I thought it was decent trade value both ways..
Nylander is paid fairly. He’s not better than Ehlers and he is getting almost a mil more per season. So not underpaid. Reilly is not signed long term and Ottawa has a lot more control in years over BT. A lot of maybes in this like BT wanting 10 mil. What is, is Reilly is a ufa and BT is an rfa.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
You really love to spout nonsense. Nylander is overpaid yet Tkachuk is about to sign for more than him without having produced anywhere near what Nylander has. I wouldn't trade Nylander straight up for Tkachuk and even as a rental Rielly is worth more than the Bernard-docker and I'm the furthest thing from a Leafs fan.

Thank you for your opinions. What would you say Reilly is worth as a one year rental? Or perhaps a sign and trade??

Not Jared Cowen

Oct 1, 2004

Wrong.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Nylander is paid fairly. He’s not better than Ehlers and he is getting almost a mil more per season. Reilly is not signed long term and Ottawa has a lot more control in years over BT. A lot of maybes in this like BT wanting 10 mil. What is, is Reilly is a ufa and BT is an rfa.

It's a propsal lol I was asking a hypothetical question.. if the two players were signed would that matter or change the trade at all?? Do you think Brady Tkachuk was less than 8 million? Ps I said BT MAY want close to ten mill, not wants 10 mill :nod:

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

I mean since coming into the league Brady has scored more goals than Nylander? Without nearly as good centers/team around him. If you wouldn't trade Nylander for Tkachuk straight up, then you're off your rocker. Value wise Tkachuk is significantly more valuable, strictly for control and age.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's a propsal lol I was asking a hypothetical question.. if the two players were signed would that matter or change the trade at all?? Do you think Brady Tkachuk was less than 8 million? Ps I said BT MAY want close to ten mill, not wants 10 mill :nod:
Sign and trade rarely get full value but let’s for the proposal say he did I think Reilly would probably be the more valuable player right now depending on contract. In real world rfa vs ufa has an impact on cost. You are the first to suggest BT may get 10 when 8 is much more realistic. 10 seems like from thin air.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

Nylander is overpaid (edit: In cap hit, not real dollars) with only 3 years of team control and Rielly is expiring after this year and Ottawa won't be able to resign him.

Nylander isn’t overpaid if he keeps playing like last season. It’s still very bad for Ottawa though

Reactions: bert

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Sign and trade rarely get full value but let’s for the proposal say he did I think Reilly would probably be the more valuable player right now depending on contract. In real world rfa vs ufa has an impact on cost. You are the first to suggest BT may get 10 when 8 is much more realistic. 10 seems like from thin air.

Well not from thin air at all actually. Again.. I said close to 10 mill firstly and secondly, Ottawa has rumored to have offered Brady Tkachuk 8x8 (obviously just rumours) but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he's worth more than that :D interesting to see what he'll actually get : )

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Well not from thin air at all actually. Again.. I said close to 10 mill firstly and secondly, Ottawa has rumored to have offered Brady Tkachuk 8x8 (obviously just rumours) but I personally wouldn't be surprised if he thinks he's worth more than that :D interesting to see what he'll actually get : )
Okay so if not from thin air where? Other than your feelings he won’t go 8 x 8. Also if BT signs for 10. For 8 than Reilly signs for 12 for 3 or not at all in Ottawa.

AustonMarner

Sep 3, 2018
Nylander isn’t overpaid if he keeps playing like last season. It’s still very bad for Ottawa though

Every Ottawa person says "Bad" or "Wrong" or some other non-whitty sarcastic jab re: add Matthews or Nylander overpaid nonsense but doesn't actually rationalize why that's their belief or perspective.. I actually thought it was more than fair for Ottawa.. gotta give to get right?

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Nylander is overpaid (edit: In cap hit, not real dollars)
William Nylander is not overpaid. He’s a good bet for 65 points every year and he’s just entering his prime. Coming in at a cap hit under 7M, he’s one of the better contracts on the Leafs.

I’d have a hard time believing any GM would stay away from Nylander because of his cap hit.

If you don’t like the player, that’s one thing. His cap hit isn’t something that can be used to knock him down.
Yeah, pretty sure Ottawa wants those soft ass players and downgrade from Tkachuck for Nylander lol
William Nylander is a better player than Brady Tkachuk. He’s not as tough, but he’s a better player.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Every Ottawa person says "Bad" or "Wrong" or some other non-whitty sarcastic jab re: add Matthews or Nylander overpaid nonsense but doesn't actually rationalize why that's their belief or perspective.. I actually thought it was more than fair for Ottawa.. gotta give to get right?
Multiple ppl have mentioned rfa vs ufa years which has been ignored. Also that Reilly won’t resign in Ottawa I know what if.

Reactions: Dache

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad