Speculation: Trade Deadline Rumors/Speculation Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
If he isn't resigning and tampa can fit him in cap wise this year, then we could get a kings ransom of futures from Tampa. If they got Karlsson right now, they would be pretty much a shoe in for the cup.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If he isn't resigning and tampa can fit him in cap wise this year, then we could get a kings ransom of futures from Tampa. If they got Karlsson right now, they would be pretty much a shoe in for the cup.

Ottawa gets another first if we trade him out east

HeiHouHauki

Jul 22, 2018
Timo is very good player in such a young age in his style of play

..but still Stone is better and another level:

Would be insane to have 'em both (Timo, Stone).

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
My dream would be something along the lines of: Labanc + Heed + Melker + Roy + Letunov + 2nd. Now, I doubt that would get it done, and would probably take one of the Ch-twins, but this *IS* Dorion we're talking about.... :laugh:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We're not trading EK so it's kinda pointless to talk about.
Yeah. I agree.

At this time, we need to just hope for the best with the EK65 re-signing and focus on a good playoff run.

And the coming off-season definitely looks exciting with a lot of players hitting UFA. If EK65 does not re-sign I can totally see DW being active with signings as well as some other trades.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
The more I think about this, if we did trade EK65 to the east, I’m sure DW would get a first back. Kind of in the catbird seat. Unless there’s something here I’m not seeing.

So we get one first and lose another, effectively giving EK away for no first and a couple additional pieces. No thanks

Reactions: RockyMTNShark

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
My dream would be something along the lines of: Labanc + Heed + Melker + Roy + Letunov + 2nd. Now, I doubt that would get it done, and would probably take one of the Ch-twins, but this *IS* Dorion we're talking about.... :laugh:

Honestly, even if it's that offer but with Chmelevski in there instead of Letunov, that's a steal. Unfortunately, I think it'll have to be Merkley instead of Heed as well.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Way too many pieces. I don't think it would take more than 3-4 quality pieces. I am thinking:

2nd
Labanc
One of Ch-twins

Honestly, if it takes more than that for a rental Stone, I would just walk away and try my hand during UFA. A lot of folks are underestimating the value of Labanc. A 23 year old pending RFA on pace for 40+ points.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Way too many pieces. I don't think it would take more than 3-4 quality pieces. I am thinking:

2nd
Labanc
One of Ch-twins

Honestly, if it takes more than that for a rental Stone, I would just walk away and try my hand during UFA. A lot of folks are underestimating the value of Labanc. A 23 year old pending RFA on pace for 40+ points.

There's almost no chance the Sharks get him in FA. It just never happens. As for Labanc, yes, he's probably a solid middle-6 tweener, but DeBoer clearly doesn't like him and keeps burying him on the 4th line for 3 out of every 5 games. That is not where Labanc is going to be successful. Also, Stone is an absolute stud, so you give up a lot to get him imo.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
I assume DW would talk to EK about pursuing Duch and/or Stone, no?

For the perspective of a guy who has actually played with them and then also as a guy who might be more inclined to stay and play with one/both of them if it could be arranged.

HeiHouHauki

Jul 22, 2018
Another level but only 4 points more points.

Stone linemates are two rookies. Senators has 159 goals scored, Sharks 190 goals. Couple good facts what point totals dosen't tell you.

And his defence play is elite. Senators sucks but guy is still on talks of Selke trophy, as a winger.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Even in that scenario I don't believe there is any chance we'd trade him. You don't trade one of your best players when your trying to win a cup.

This team has a decent chance of going to the sfc as is. If we can add an elite rental, than we can compete with anyone. If we grab just a good rental, I like our odds as well.

Reactions: FeedingFrenzy

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone else kind of hate the lack of leaks involving SJ? Damn it DW, give out some leaks so I have something to be excited or upset about.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Chicago, Minny and New York were scouting this past game. I would presume we are at least in talks with them.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
Anyone else kind of hate the lack of leaks involving SJ? Damn it DW, give out some leaks so I have something to be excited or upset about.

I kind of like a GM who doesn't telegraph his punches. It's what allows him to pull off things like the Karlsson trade. Compare that to a Peter Chiarelli or even a Jim Benning.

I admit it does result in less to talk about.

Reactions: slocal

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I kind of like a GM who doesn't telegraph his punches. It's what allows him to pull off things like the Karlsson trade. Compare that to a Peter Chiarelli or even a Jim Benning.

I admit it does result in less to talk about.
From a "business" stand point, it makes sense, but it makes way less excitement for fans

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
From a "business" stand point, it makes sense, but it makes way less excitement for fans

I don't know if you can quantify excitement, but there is usually plenty after a trade. I would be surprised if DW does nothing in regards to the trade deadline. Though it should be noted that DW is a notorious tirekicker, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear rumors that the Sharks are "in" on several players being shopped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad