Speculation: Trade Deadline Rumors/Speculation Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I asked this in the GDT but no one responded, so Ill put it in the right place lol.

Do we have to trade Dman when Karlsson is healthy? Or is one of Simek/Ryan/Heed waiver eligible still? Or do we think they will just perma bench two of them in case of injuries?

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I asked this in the GDT but no one responded, so Ill put it in the right place lol.

Do we have to trade Dman when Karlsson is healthy? Or is one of Simek/Ryan/Heed waiver eligible still? Or do we think they will just perma bench two of them in case of injuries?
They have been on the roster all year, they don't have to do anything

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
They have been on the roster all year, they don't have to do anything

I thought Simek came up due to injuries at one point no? Ryan and Heed were up all year, but I do not think we have had two benched Dmen all year.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Simek's been up all year because he isn't waiver exempt.

Huh, I guess I have just been so used to having atleast one Dman being hurt for so long I did not remember that.

Still feels like a waste to keep two of Heed/Ryan/Simek benched after the trade deadline assuming Karlsson is healthy by then and we don't have any further injuries.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Huh, I guess I have just been so used to having atleast one Dman being hurt for so long I did not remember that.

Still feels like a waste to keep two of Heed/Ryan/Simek benched after the trade deadline assuming Karlsson is healthy by then and we don't have any further injuries.

It is a waste, but it’s necessary to prepare for injuries in the playoffs.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

No. Simek has about 35 games before he loses waiver exemption (by my calculation; but CapFriendly says he's no longer exempt). Perhaps.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
They are going to get something like labanc and a 2nd, maybe a 1st if there is a bidding war.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
I myself would not do the deal I posited, though I would trade Meier in a heartbeat for a signed Stone. I think he'll return way more than Lebanc + 2nd or equivalent as a rental, though it's possible that with Ottawa's track record and lack of leverage you're correct. I think basically every contender will be in on him (as they should).

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I think Stone is a stud, but Meier is really darn good too and has pretty much the same strengths Stone does (goal scoring, defensively responsible, good effort level etc), and likely to be making like 3-5 mil less on his contract. Not sure Stone is 3-5mil better than Meier, so I would be a hard no to rental Stone, and leaning heavily to no on signed Stone.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think Stone is a stud, but Meier is really darn good too and has pretty much the same strengths Stone does (goal scoring, defensively responsible, good effort level etc), and likely to be making like 3-5 mil less on his contract. Not sure Stone is 3-5mil better than Meier, so I would be a hard no to rental Stone, and leaning heavily to no on signed Stone.

Meier is just so damn good. I've underrated him for so long and I'm done doing it.

He takes the 2nd toughest competition and 3rd toughest OZFO% of any Sharks forward and still puts up ridiculous numbers at 5-on-5 in terms of points and CF%/xGF%/GF%.

Reactions: Dicdonya
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad