Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk - LIV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Are the Wild done? I wouldn't mind trying to get a rental forward but I don't think the Wild have the assets to get anyone that moves the needle unless they are willing to push some big chips in. (which i am not in favor of)

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Are the Wild done? I wouldn't mind trying to get a rental forward but I don't think the Wild have the assets to get anyone that moves the needle unless they are willing to push some big chips in. (which i am not in favor of)

They've got two more 2nd round picks to work with. Not sure if we traded ours or Vancouver's to the blackhawks, but we have whatever one is left.

We can also trade the rights to Johansson which is the equivalent of a 2nd round pick(Colorado did that with Conner Bleackley in 2016).

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean for every fan here, we should be trading Lambos, O'Rourke, Beckman to make upgrades now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Because running a franchise properly IMO, should balance both. Our cap penalties are WHY we should value their ELC years in order to have a team worth watching in the first place.
But if we can make a run, we can get cheap players later. It's easy to find depth players.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Why do you think we had Chicago retain in 50% on MAF? We hoping to do something else fairly big? Leaves us able to take in up $10 mil cap hit this season.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Don't mix up finding backup goaltending to finding skaters.

If you're shopping for depth on free agent market, the quality depth costs more than that on an ELC.
Right? Good cheap depth is extremely hard to come by, EDM is exhibit A on that. Or consider it has taken the Wild over 20 years to form a team capable of rolling 4 lines without getting caved in.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Right? Good cheap depth is extremely hard to come by, EDM is exhibit A on that. Or consider it has taken the Wild over 20 years to form a team capable of rolling 4 lines without getting caved in.
I mean even mediocre backups are getting 2.0+ million on the market. Wouldn't be surprised if the cost is going to be 3-4 million for a backup. Or we roll with an unproven goaltender if Fleury doesn't sign back.

StormFather

Oct 10, 2017
How are we going to make these moves that signal we are serious about a run and then not get help at center?

wfode09

Jan 16, 2017
We have the space to take on cap hit(s) with an AAV of up to $6.5 if I understood it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad