Speculation: Trade and Free Agency - 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Like the player, not the AAV, but its probably accurate, he's going to be in the Dakota Joshua range, IMO Trenin is a better player. He'll be on the 3rd line with that number.

I hate the idea of Johansson-Gaudreau-Lauko on the 4th line but Hartman-Rossi-Zucc and Trenin-Marat-Foligno would be the best middle-6 route IMO.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
No idea either thats why I'm hoping...

Trenin-Hartman-Foligno is a great line but 3.5 x 4 is just too much and if this ends up that one signing we need for secondary scoring.

However, it might end up okay if we STILL make another move for 2nd liner forward. I just don't know how we do it if we are already spending 3.5 on Trenin with our cap situation. Maybe we trade some dead weight out? Dunno...but until the clock hits 9am PST, im holding my breath
I think this signing removes most legitimate 2W options in the off-season. But we still have enough room for a reclamation project at league minimum while allowing us to keep space for accruals and find a top 6 during the season. Not mad at it personally.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Like the player, not the AAV, but its probably accurate, he's going to be in the Dakota Joshua range, IMO a better player. He'll be on the 3rd line with that number.
Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm okay with the AAV, 1 year too long.

What annoys me though is that we have limited cap space and we still need a secondary scorer. And that 3.5 less to spend, unless we get that extra money somewhere else (Gus trade? Another trade?)

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Guess I'll brace for 4 x $3.5m.
  • Kind of like the player and open to the possibility that he'll fill a role in the top 9.
  • Next season isn't going to be a very results-driven year anyway, so not that annoyed by the opportunity cost of not adding a different forward.
  • If the heavier contract means no trade protection, I feel better about it. Like Middleton, he's the sort of player that's always in demand if there's a year or two left on his deal and the cap hit isn't awful.

Reactions: BuiumSaveUs

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Feel like we’re going to have to clear some more cap space, and definetly trade one of Gaudreau or Johansson, if we’re going to sign another forward.

Guess I'll brace for 4 x $3.5m.
  • Kind of like the player and open to the possibility that he'll fill a role in the top 9.
  • Next season isn't going to be a very results-driven year anyway, so not that annoyed by the opportunity cost of not adding a different forward.
  • If the heavier contract means no trade protection, I feel better about it. Like Middleton, he's the sort of player that's always in demand if there's a year or two left on his deal and the cap hit isn't awful.
Yeah, at least we won’t have to buy it out. There will be another dumb GM willing to gut it in a year or two.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
And we now have 13 forwards, assuming Lauko, Marat, and Ohgren make the team.

Would you rather have Duhaime at 1.8M-2M, or Trenin at twice that?

Last edited:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Guerin can't help himself lol. All that cap space we thought we could have starting next year, it's going to bottom of the lineup players like Middleton and Trenin? And 4 year contracts too? Gross.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Guerin can't help himself lol. All that cap space we thought we could have starting next year, it's going to bottom of the lineup players like Middleton and Trenin? And 4 year contracts too? Gross.
Only thing that makes sense to me is that there’s a trade somewhere

Russo’s been quiet to…

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Only thing that makes sense to me is that there’s a trade somewhere

Russo’s been quiet to…

I don't know, even a trade doesn't excuse overpaying a fourth liner like this with both term and AAV. Would be great to dump Johansson at this point but that still wouldn't give us enough to go after a legit middle six option if the fourth liners are getting 3.5.

I'll wait until it's all official but this is not the start I was hoping for.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Holy crap where’s the tank thread. With Nashvilles acquisitions we aren’t getting out of our division

Utah improves, Nashville improves, Colorado/Dallas/Winnipeg are already better than us. We should be able to finish ahead of the Blackhawks though.

BuiumSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Looking at some of the deals being handed out today, and knowing Guerin’s temperament, it’s a good thing we don’t have more cap space.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So we're probably crossing off Ohgren from getting meaningful time and definitely crossing off Heidt from the same, I'm thinking.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
oh, man,
So we're probably crossing off Ohgren from getting meaningful time and definitely crossing off Heidt from the same, I'm thinking.
forgot about Heidt. Yeah, no chance he gets a realistic shot at making the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad