Proposal: Toronto-St.Louis

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Fixed for you

STL easily decline this one uneless TOR retains 3M on Marner's contract
Exactly. If Toronto retained 3M on Marner's contract they would only pretty easily decline it since they would also have to ship out another salary of a current roster player.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I want NO ONE from the Leafs.

The entire team lacks accountability, integrity, initiative and drive when it comes to being PART of a team. The entire roster is filled with primadonna mercenaries that fall apart at the first sign of opposition. I want players with heart, not the players a far lesser Habs team owned.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
If there is genuine Toronto interest in Tarasenko, it's your 2022 1st + a prospect that the Blues like better than the top prospect whichever other eastern contender will part with. It's two seasons, not one, so the prospect will have to be legit.

this isnt 2015/16 anymore...
great start this season, but, statistically, 10 goals in his last 39 games isnt great for a one dimensional goal scorer, and when that's his totals over the last 3 seasons, its a bit concerning to say the least.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
this isnt 2015/16 anymore...
great start this season, but, statistically, 10 goals in his last 39 games isnt great for a one dimensional goal scorer, and when that's his totals over the last 3 seasons, its a bit concerning to say the least.
You're right, he's still hurt like the last two seasons. Leading the league in shots and all Blues fans are saying he looks night and day different from the last two years, but you're right, your concern of the past means he's hurt still. I hope he gets healthy

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
If there is genuine Toronto interest in Tarasenko, it's your 2022 1st + a prospect that the Blues like better than the top prospect whichever other eastern contender will part with. It's two seasons, not one, so the prospect will have to be legit.
Tarasenko was free to Seattle, a team with 80 million in cap space, but they didn't select him. What makes you think someone would pay a 1st and a prospect for him?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Tarasenko was free to Seattle, a team with 80 million in cap space, but they didn't select him. What makes you think someone would pay a 1st and a prospect for him?
His value is different now than in the summer. That's how time and gathering extra data works. Are you asking me because you don't understand how that's been answered, or you want to hear it again?

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
You're right, he's still hurt like the last two seasons. Leading the league in shots and all Blues fans are saying he looks night and day different from the last two years, but you're right, your concern of the past means he's hurt still. I hope he gets healthy
i hope he stays healthy, but, i wouldnt bet on it if i was an opposing GM
any GM deals for him (with as high a return as you want) is betting their job on his health, and i wouldnt take that bet

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
TIL Jordan Kyrou, a 23 year old winger who plays 13-14 minutes a night with 55 grand total points in 105 career games is worth more than Mitchell Marner, a 24 year old winger who has been one of the top TOI forwards playing all situations collecting 359 points in 362 games.

I suppose Kyrou's 1 point in 9 career playoff games certainly tips the scale against Mitch who tends to struggle in the playoffs putting up only 25 points in 32 games.

Okay then. Carry on.

Reactions: Doc300c

Simplicity

Dec 23, 2017
This is horrific, so no thank you. Kyrou is worth two 1sts on his own at a minimum where he is right now, Tarasenko is worth a 1st and a top prospect, a 1st is worth a 1st, so this is like 5 1sts worth of value plus a needed defensive piece for guys you want to get rid of. Typical Toronto. This offer is cataclysmically bad.
I think you forgot the green font.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
TIL Jordan Kyrou, a 23 year old winger who plays 13-14 minutes a night with 55 grand total points in 105 career games is worth more than Mitchell Marner, a 24 year old winger who has been one of the top TOI forwards playing all situations collecting 359 points in 362 games.

I suppose Kyrou's 1 point in 9 career playoff games certainly tips the scale against Mitch who tends to struggle in the playoffs.

Okay then. Carry on.
You know what else tips the scale? Kyrou is being paid less that 1/3 of Marner is being paid. Marner is too expensive for a team to take on early season. Especially when the team you are trying to pawn him to is a cap team.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
So you're telling me that a 5 game sample size has drastically increased his value?
Has a small sample size increased the value of Leafs +850 to miss the playoffs?

The risk teams had to take in the summer was whether he was like 18-19 Cup run Tarasenko or like 19-20 and 20-21 injured Tarasenko. The Blues and their fans themselves were not sure. Now we are sure. Yes after five games. I'm pretty sure if you want to ask someone who has watched the Blues' first five games they could tell you.

By the draft, a 30 year old Tarasenko who is a proven playoff performer would easily be worth a 1st + B prospect for 1 year of service at AAV 7.5M and real dollars 5.5M.

So you're telling me you expect the Blues to throw in a whole playoff run worth of Tarasenko for free, especially when players like him are coveted by teams lining up for playoff runs?

Reactions: BlueSeal

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL

The risk teams had to take in the summer was whether he was like 18-19 Cup run Tarasenko or like 19-20 and 20-21 injured Tarasenko. The Blues and their fans themselves were not sure. Now we are sure. Yes after five games. I'm pretty sure if you want to ask someone who has watched the Blues' first five games they could tell you.

By the draft, a 30 year old Tarasenko who is a proven playoff performer would easily be worth a 1st + B prospect for 1 year of service at AAV 7.5M and real dollars 5.5M.

So you're telling me you expect the Blues to throw in a whole playoff run worth of Tarasenko for free, especially when players like him are coveted by teams lining up for playoff runs?
I don't think the blues should trade him at all, but players don't have there values increase by such huge margins because of a couple games

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

At the time there was serious doubt that he’d come back 100%.

As of today, he has 6 points in 5 games at +4.

There is NO more doubt.

Seattle should have taken the chance and like their season so far, they blew it.

You want Vladi, you pay. End of story.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

I suppose Kyrou's 1 point in 9 career playoff games certainly tips the scale against Mitch who tends to struggle in the playoffs putting up only 25 points in 32 games.

Okay then. Carry on.
Today I saw the other threads where Toronto fans are trying to dump their 11M player who is blocking them from the thing Leaf fans want most in the world.

It's not Kyrou vs. Marner, it's Kyrou + whatever you can buy with 8.1M vs. Marner.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West

The Leafs EXPECT a lot but they don’t work towards it. No desire, no heart, no drive. A band of mercenaries who prefer personal achievements over the team.

A team like that would disgust Vladi.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Today I saw the other threads where Toronto fans are trying to dump their 11M player who is blocking them from the thing Leaf fans want most in the world.

It's not Kyrou vs. Marner, it's Kyrou + whatever you can buy with 8.1M vs. Marner.

Want nothing to do with Marner. That well is poison to a team.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
I don't think the blues should trade him at all, but players don't have there values increase by such huge margins because of a couple games

It is proof on paper that Tarasenko has fully recovered from his injury. Don’t believe that, just watch him play.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Fortunately for Tarasenko he established his value over a decade and then the open question was whether he could return to form. "Because of a couple games" we can all see that he is playing pretty identically to that first decade, and we don't have to work very hard to think of that valuation.

I hate how we have to play so dumb in all of this. It's such a low level debate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad