Toronto Maple Leafs - 2022 Entry Draft - 2nd Rd Pick (38th OA) - Fraser Minten (C)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Not a scout, but another slow by whl standards player which is becoming typical of Dubas drafts. High sense, bad skating. I have yet to see it work. Hope it works out. Does not seem like a swing for the fences pick.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Not a scout, but another slow by whl standards player which is becoming typical of Dubas drafts. High sense, bad skating. I have yet to see it work. Hope it works out. Does not seem like a swing for the fences pick.
Skating issues are overblown, he's fine in that regard.

Exact same questions were raided about Knies last year. As it turns out, was a non issue.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Not a fan of the pick. Especially when Chelsey went 1 pick before and guys like Warren and Sykora were still on the board

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm legit surprised we passed on Gleb, Huston and Sykora. Those were the 3 guys I was expecting when we moved down.

Reactions: fahad203

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
How to say you have no clue without saying you have no clue....cash considerations???????
Whatever .. in old days we used to pay teams off and get who we wanted .. today that only happens in O with cash in weekly envelopes .. or did Mitch screw up da old trick

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
That's what I'm thinking.

I definitely would guess they know a teeny, itsy, bitsy more than keyboard scouts.
I think the key is he looks fine and he performed as a freakin 17 yr old, one of the youngest in the draft. I think this is actually a low risk high reward pick. If he pans out like expected he is a 3rd or 4th line center. But there is a huge upside in that he will play next year as an 18 year old and then we will see what we have! And size wise, he may get bigger, and stronger and faster!
But hey, I’m an optimist.

Reactions: kb and ULF_55

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad