Proposal: Toronto - Goes all in

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
These deals are made on the basis the leafs decide to forget the future and go for it now this year and next. Leafs want to go all in for this and next season these are the deals I was looking at. Let me know comments and if the value/fit is not there for VAN/ARZ/NSH.

Trade 1: Add a top 30 player in the league and a bit of depth

Toronto: JT Miller@50%, Luke Schenn

To Van: Justin Holl(cap piece), Nic Robertson (top 30 prospect league wide), Topi Niemela (top 50 prospect league wide) and 2022 2nd, 2024 2nd/B Propsect (Kokkonen, Kral, Steeves)

Leafs give up 2 A- prospects, and either 2 top 64 picks in the next 3 years or 1 top 64 pick and a B prospect. Holl is a vet who the Canucks can either keep and look at seeing if he fits on the team or move in the offseason for a mid round pick or two

Trade 2: Add a #2D for both the now and future

To Toronto: Jacob Chychuran

To Arizona: Rasmus Sandin, Toronto 2022 1st, and 2023 2nd

Leafs give up our best/2nd best young NHL player (non Core players, as those guys while young are established now as a top 3ish player, a top 20ish player and a top 50ish player) a top 32 pick and another top 64 pick. The Yotes would have our 2023 and most likely 2025 2nd for the Lyub trade giving.

Trade 3: Get a goalie with term whose proven to be elite.

To Toronto: Saros

To Preds: Mrazek, 2023 1st and 2024 1st

Leafs give 2 1sts for a goalie but both are hopefully in the 25+ pick range and not 18-25 range. Saros is proven to be elite and is one of the best in the league. Has 3 years term after this at only 5M. We also move on from Mrazek. Preds get to add for a retool if they choose to go that route and they have Askarov for the very near future making the loss of Saros bearable.

Leafs roster after these deals for the 2022 playoffs

Bunting - Matthews - Marner
Nylander - JT - JT Miller
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kase
Engvall - Kampf - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Chychuran - Lilijgren
Muzzin* - Lyubushkin

Saros
Campbell

Scratches: Dermott/Schenn/Simmonds/Clifford

With Muzzin on LTIR it works capwise with Simmond and Clifford to Taxi squad. Come playoffs with the cap not counting we can run Muzzin in the team as our 3LHD.

This team on paper has little holes and would be close to 2019-2021 Tampa on paper in terms of superstar quality, depth, defensive quality and goaltending excellence

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If you have to describe who the prospects are yet you are claiming they are top 30/50 you’re probably wrong.
Was describing to give a idea of where I believe they are ranked league wide.

Neither Robertson nor Niemela are top 10 prospect or elite blue chippers. Both both are very good A- level prospects who have produced very well post draft and have been trending up.

I could substitute one of them for Knies who is similar prospect with him being a little less proven due to only being a D+1 player.

These are guys who'd be the 2nd or 3rd best prospect on teams who have a true elite blue chopper.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
JT might be helping vancouver make a playoff push so I don't think they will be trading him unless it's an absurd price (though that is a really good offer for retained JT).

iirc arizona said they recieved an offer for chychrun that matched their price (top prospect +2 1sts), so I think the offer has to be bumped a bit more to match it.

That's a pretty heavy price to pay for a goalie tbh.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Nope, don't like this. Leafs will go only as far as the top 4 will take them. None of these deals matter unless specifically Matthews and Marner grow some balls. I think Leafs need to do minor depth deals, or trade for a Giordano type that won't cost an arm and a leg.

Reactions: Devonator

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
These deals are made on the basis the leafs decide to forget the future and go for it now this year and next. Leafs want to go all in for this and next season these are the deals I was looking at. Let me know comments and if the value/fit is not there for VAN/ARZ/NSH.

To Van: Justin Holl(cap piece), Nic Robertson (top 30 prospect league wide), Topi Niemela (top 50 prospect league wide) and 2022 2nd, 2024 2nd/B Propsect (Kokkonen, Kral, Steeves)

Leafs give up 2 A- prospects, and either 2 top 64 picks in the next 3 years or 1 top 64 pick and a B prospect. Holl is a vet who the Canucks can either keep and look at seeing if he fits on the team or move in the offseason for a mid round pick or two

Leafs give up our best/2nd best young NHL player (non Core players, as those guys while young are established now as a top 3ish player, a top 20ish player and a top 50ish player) a top 32 pick and another top 64 pick. The Yotes would have our 2023 and most likely 2025 2nd for the Lyub trade giving.

Leafs give 2 1sts for a goalie but both are hopefully in the 25+ pick range and not 18-25 range. Saros is proven to be elite and is one of the best in the league. Has 3 years term after this at only 5M. We also move on from Mrazek. Preds get to add for a retool if they choose to go that route and they have Askarov for the very near future making the loss of Saros bearable.

Engvall - Kampf - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Chychuran - Lilijgren
Muzzin* - Lyubushkin

Saros
Campbell

With Muzzin on LTIR it works capwise with Simmond and Clifford to Taxi squad. Come playoffs with the cap not counting we can run Muzzin in the team as our 3LHD.

This team on paper has little holes and would be close to 2019-2021 Tampa on paper in terms of superstar quality, depth, defensive quality and goaltending excellence

Deal 1 feels light to me, but I don't know those prospects as well as others. Your rankings might be a bit optimistic.

Deal 2 isn't bad, but I could see Arizona maybe wanting a better piece than the 2nd.

Deal 3 is just a head scratcher to me. The value isn't terrible but why would Nashville downgrade in goal just to add what should be a couple late firsts? Saros is probably one of the better goalies in the league, on a reasonable contract and they're in position to make a bit of a run.

I think you're better off just doing one of the first 2 proposals, maybe taking an asset or two from the other package to put together a competitive offer

Reactions: Captain Crunch

Bob Barker

Jun 2, 2008
Why stop here? Could still probably use another D.

Matthew Knies is from Arizona which is reasonably close to Vegas. Knies (UNDERRATED, easily Vegas top prospect) for Zach Whitecloud and Alec Martinez (Leafs stash until playoffs on LTIR)

Too many LD so flip Chychrun to Detroit for Seider.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Seider
Martinez-Whitecloud

Also might want to restock the cupboards after all these deals. Lybushkin is a bit overkill, so trade him back to Arizona for Victor Soderstrom (BUST but take a chance on him).

Before he got mono in his draft year, Liljegren was a potential top 5 pick. Looking for a top F prospect in return. Minnesota has lots of forward prospects, so they will trade Marco Rossi for him.

I think this would set up Toronto well now and in the future. With these deals, they might actually be able to push Tampa to 6 games in Round 1

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Don't do it. It looks like you're going to match up with the Lightning in the 1st round, and they are going sit next to you on the bus, reach into your back pack, and absolutely eat your lunch if you do. Then everyone is going to get fired. You at least want the next gm to have something to work with.

Reactions: Doubledose

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014

Engvall - Kampf - Spezza

Rielly - Brodie
Chychuran - Lilijgren
Muzzin* - Lyubushkin

Saros
Campbell

Lol @ Robertson being a top30 prospect league wide. He's bkt even top50

Reactions: Ragdoll

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
:laugh: :biglaugh:
rotflmao.gif
:shakehead

It doesn't matter what you offer. The answer is no.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
:laugh: :biglaugh:
rotflmao.gif
:shakehead

It doesn't matter what you offer. The answer is no.
Well that's obviously not the truth. We do have the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league who would bring back Saros++ if leafs ever did trade him

I accept though the value isn't enough. Saros is elite so probably costs a 2 top 10 picks if a team was willing to sell high quality ELC talent to get him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well that's obviously not the truth. We do have the 2nd or 3rd best player in the league who would bring back Saros++ if leafs ever did trade him
Have you seen how Askarov has been doing of late? Preds goaltending other than Saros is multiple years away at best. Even one of the 11-million club members would end up just wasting away on their remaining contract years and bolting before that problem was solved.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Was describing to give a idea of where I believe they are ranked league wide.

Neither Robertson nor Niemela are top 10 prospect or elite blue chippers. Both both are very good A- level prospects who have produced very well post draft and have been trending up.

I could substitute one of them for Knies who is similar prospect with him being a little less proven due to only being a D+1 player.

These are guys who'd be the 2nd or 3rd best prospect on teams who have a true elite blue chopper.

Both those prospects are nothing special dine a dozen players the leafs inflate

you aren’t getting Saros for a couple late 1sts(25-32)

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Both those prospects are nothing special dine a dozen players the leafs inflate

you aren’t getting Saros for a couple late 1sts(25-32)
Robertson has 24 pts in 30 AHL games as a 19-20 year old. He tore up the OHL as an 18 year old. He's an amazing prospect with his size and play I the offensive zone without the puck being the biggest hurdle to him being a lock as a 30 goal scorer. He's got great potential and trading him from the leafs perspective is a win now move vs waiting another year and half before hes capable of realizing his ceiling on a top regular season team like the leafs.

Niemela is lesser known but is still very promising. Amazing D+1 where he won defenseman of the year at wjc's. He's also producing at a very good rate (think top 5-7 maybe ever) for a D+2 d-men in the Finnish Profesional league.

Both get loved by scouts. I don't value either as a A+ piece but both to me are A- pieces

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Why stop here? Could still probably use another D.

Matthew Knies is from Arizona which is reasonably close to Vegas. Knies (UNDERRATED, easily Vegas top prospect) for Zach Whitecloud and Alec Martinez (Leafs stash until playoffs on LTIR)

Too many LD so flip Chychrun to Detroit for Seider.

Rielly-Brodie
Muzzin-Seider
Martinez-Whitecloud

Also might want to restock the cupboards after all these deals. Lybushkin is a bit overkill, so trade him back to Arizona for Victor Soderstrom (BUST but take a chance on him).

Before he got mono in his draft year, Liljegren was a potential top 5 pick. Looking for a top F prospect in return. Minnesota has lots of forward prospects, so they will trade Marco Rossi for him.

I think this would set up Toronto well now and in the future. With these deals, they might actually be able to push Tampa to 6 games in Round 1

Price ( and evaluation) ain’t right.
Someone needs to gets spayed or neutered

Reactions: Bob Barker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad