GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Lilly in playoff form with a pass to the other team in our end.
I wanted him to become that top 4 dman but I just don't see it. Watching his giveaways and how easily he is knocked off the puck confirms he's moved himself down the depth chart. Last night, both Rifai and Myers looked so much more poised when battling for a puck in the corner or blocking shots. The only thing that might save him is the fact he plays RD.

Reactions: Smif

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I wanted him to become that top 4 dman but I just don't see it. Watching his giveaways and how easily he is knocked off the puck confirms he's moved himself down the depth chart. Last night, both Rifai and Myers looked so much more poised when battling for a puck in the corner or blocking shots. The only thing that might save him is the fact he plays RD.
Yeah, same for me. It's one part Liljegren's play combined with the play of the depth guys we have. Hakanpaa, Timmins, Rifai, and Myers bring comfort that we won't miss Lilly.

Having said this, I wouldn't give him away or dump him...I would trade him for a decent return though...maybe a second rounder and a B prospect or vet with low salary. I would also package him with Kampf and/or Jarnkrok for a useful piece or a bigger basket of picks

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
Didn't see any trapping or delay of game tactics in the third of this game.

They ran a 1-1-3 during line changes to prevent Detroit from using the stretch pass. But other than that they played a steady forecheck the whole game. Even late in the third period they were still sending forecheckers in deep.

No evidence of stall tactics either.

Dump outs or icings or the goalie freezing the puck. Things like that to disrupt game flow. Throw the opposition off by stopping and starting every thirty seconds or so.

I wanted to see if Berube would be satisfied running down the clock with a 1-0 lead.

Looked to me he was pretty happy to keep the pressure on Detroit the whole game. I'm not sure if that's because they only had a one goal lead and he was looking for another to cement the game. Or if it was just an adjustment for the Detroit game to maybe showcase some of the players on the trade block best talents.

Either way Berube has shown more versatility already in his approach to the game than Keefe did the entire time he was here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad