GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Lilly in playoff form with a pass to the other team in our end.
I wanted him to become that top 4 dman but I just don't see it. Watching his giveaways and how easily he is knocked off the puck confirms he's moved himself down the depth chart. Last night, both Rifai and Myers looked so much more poised when battling for a puck in the corner or blocking shots. The only thing that might save him is the fact he plays RD.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I wanted him to become that top 4 dman but I just don't see it. Watching his giveaways and how easily he is knocked off the puck confirms he's moved himself down the depth chart. Last night, both Rifai and Myers looked so much more poised when battling for a puck in the corner or blocking shots. The only thing that might save him is the fact he plays RD.
Yeah, same for me. It's one part Liljegren's play combined with the play of the depth guys we have. Hakanpaa, Timmins, Rifai, and Myers bring comfort that we won't miss Lilly.

Having said this, I wouldn't give him away or dump him...I would trade him for a decent return though...maybe a second rounder and a B prospect or vet with low salary. I would also package him with Kampf and/or Jarnkrok for a useful piece or a bigger basket of picks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad