GDT: Toronto @ Detroit - Oct 3 7pm SN

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
From a cap hit perspective. If we waive Jarnkrok and no one takes him.

What is the cap relief? If any?
A percentage or likes flat charge.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
I think if Hakanpaa and Dewar are IRed, we would have to waive Reaves, Timmins, and Murray. No one will take Reaves and he won't be a Marlies, just on their roster. We have depth in goal and on D and wouldn't miss either of them that much. This gives us enough space to carry a 13th forward like Cowan, Grebenkin and maybe eventually Minten.

We should move one or more of Liljegren, Kampf and Jarnkrok. We have Rifai, Myers, and Hakanpaa in for Lilly, and we could put together a few configurations of a strong fourth line.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
From a cap hit perspective. If we waive Jarnkrok and no one takes him.

What is the cap relief? If any?
A percentage or likes flat charge.

Cap relief is around 1.25M I think. Around that anyway.

They won't waive him though. He's too good for that. He'd probably get claimed.

Reactions: Gallagbi

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
What have we learned from tonight’s game:

-Robertson can score, he should play top 6
-Stolarz may just get the first game, deserves it
-Rifai and Myers played solid if unspectacular defence, not always the case with the Leafs d
-Cowan has talent but still has a lot of Junior in him, particularly on defence
-we can see a bit of defensive structure, protect the house, block shots
-Kampf Jarnkrok and Lily just meh

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Maybe cool the hype on Robertson a bit. He's only played against minor leaguers (Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit) so far, and he's unlikely to keep up a 50% shooting pace. :sarcasm:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Robertson brought it at training camp. That’s what he needed to do. Give him some top 6 time during the season and let’s hope he keeps bringing it.

He's earned a spot but It's a 3rd line spot, or at least it should be.

If it were me the top 6 would be

Knies Matthews Marner

Domi Tavares Nylander

To me that's the best possible top 6 they have.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
He's earned a spot but It's a 3rd line spot, or at least it should be.

If it were me the top 6 would be

Knies Matthews Marner

Domi Tavares Nylander

To me that's the best possible top 6 they have.
It’s not just about sticking the best 6 players in the top 6 together, they need to have chemistry. We all know Nylander and Tavares just don’t work well together. And if they were to put the best top 6 in the top 6 regardless of chemistry then Robertson>Knies.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
It's not often I get to see the Marlies play.

So it was fun times watching them tonight. Good to see they won the game too. Even better is the fact they beat an actual NHL team in the process.

I'm not sold on Robertson.

Every year he lights it up in the preseason. Then in the regular season he's mediocre at best. The very definition of an NHL tweener.

A one dimensional player lacking size and defensive awareness doesn't strike me as someone Berube would be overly impressed with.

We'll see what happens once they start facing more intense competition. Playing every preseason game against divisional bottom feeders is a nice warm up. But Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit aren't exactly the best gauge to judge anyone's performance against by.

They can't even beat an AHL Marlies team led by Robertson, Liljegren, and Jarnkrok.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It's only preseason, so all stats should be taken with proper context but our PK has been awesome.

Perfect 20 for 20 in PK kills through 5 games played.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Stolarz stoned his Stanley Cup buddy twice. I loved the first save reaction with that impish grin so wide you could see it through his mask.

Robertson is red hot. Some great defensive efforts that led to his goals on the other end.

McMann again not really showing much. I wonder how much length of rope they’re going to give him. Pacioretty, as slow as he’s been, is showing more.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
It's not often I get to see the Marlies play.

So it was fun times watching them tonight. Good to see they won the game too. Even better is the fact they beat an actual NHL team in the process.

I'm not sold on Robertson.

Every year he lights it up in the preseason. Then in the regular season he's mediocre at best. The very definition of an NHL tweener.

A one dimensional player lacking size and defensive awareness doesn't strike me as someone Berube would be overly impressed with.

We'll see what happens once they start facing more intense competition. Playing every preseason game against divisional bottom feeders is a nice warm up. But Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit aren't exactly the best gauge to judge anyone's performance against by.

They can't even beat an AHL Marlies team led by Robertson, Liljegren, and Jarnkrok.
Based on last nights game, Robertson’s defence is coming along. He made great defensive plays just before his goals. Perhaps Berube is having an effect already and he’s really motivated, more than he has been in the past. He played a great game.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Stolarz stoned his Stanley Cup buddy twice. I loved the first save reaction with that impish grin so wide you could see it through his mask.

Robertson is red hot. Some great defensive efforts that led to his goals on the other end.

McMann again not really showing much. I wonder how much length of rope they’re going to give him. Pacioretty, as slow as he’s been, is showing more.
You’re right about McMann,he hasn’t looked good, especially his skating. Perhaps he’s still working off the rust from that injury or maybe a bit hesitant as he tests it out in game situations. Certainly should be no where near the top 6 at this point.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Maybe cool the hype on Robertson a bit. He's only played against minor leaguers (Ottawa, Montreal, and Detroit) so far, and he's unlikely to keep up a 50% shooting pace. :sarcasm:
I agree on the shooting percentage, but that was no minor league lineup tonight.

If he is our sixth or seventh or eighth best forward then we are a deep team offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad