Proposal: Toronto - Columbus

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Well, the thought of the trade is to make Toronto better for the playoffs and have 2-scorers on the team instead of one. Domi adds grit, what the Leafs have been lacking. Matthews on PP1 and Laine on PP2. It also helps to have the scoring spread to 2-lines when 5vs5. It doesnt matter who the best player in a deal is, if he is severely overpaid. I think this deal would make sense for both teams, as Jackets desperetly need a playmaker. They have scorers. Laine is still an RFA, so he can be extended if it works out.
Kampf can be switched for another player at same caphit. Didnt actually know he was a big part of your PK.
Domi has been in the playoffs. Mr Grit had 3 assists and 9 hits in 10 games in 2019-20.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You’re reading too much into it. He can say whatever he wants, and feel however he wants. Personally I just think he comes across as a whiner.

I just don’t want him regardless, for the package above.

I thought I was reading less into it than you were.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
No thanks. Marner doesn't stop trying when things don't go his way and not to mention his game fits with Matthews. Matthews and Laine together doesn't make much sense they both want to shoot.

They wouldnt be on the same line. Toronto would have a score on both top-lines. I would also try Domi with Matthews on the 1st. Poor mans Landeskog:

Domi - Matthews - Nylander
Laine - Tavares - Kerfoot

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Oh shit you were serious. .
I can't imagine CBJ would be interested in anything besides Matthews. Marner is a lateral move in a Laine deal and the only position of need is Center...so it makes sense. Unless you got a center prospect that is NHL ready IDK about.

Reactions: Columbus Jack

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
This isn't even credible. Marner is a huge upgrade on Laine. An $11m upgrade? Maybe not, possibly not worth the trade. But there's nothing lateral about that trade from a CBJ perspective. They need Marner type players.
Well, we need both if you want to get down to technicalities; and it still leaves us with a lateral move.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I can't imagine CBJ would be interested in anything besides Matthews. Marner is a lateral move in a Laine deal and the only position of need is Center...so it makes sense. Unless you got a center prospect that is NHL ready IDK about.
Huh?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yes horrible value. Laine's work ethic is still in question, despite being productive in a small sample size this season. His defensive game is still pretty non-existent. He's an RFA and will demand a stupid raise. Domi is also a pending UFA, yeah he's gritty, but he's small and is 100% going to walk as a FA given our cap situation. We also take on more salary this year with the proposed offer. Marner is a top line winger that plays the PP and PK and is better than both CBJ players and signed for a few more years. Despite being 1-2M overpaid (He's not 2m+ overpaid, he's a legit 90 point winger) he still provides more value than either of those 2 guys. You don't trade 4 years of Marner for 1 year of Domi and RFA Laine. I think you're over valuing Laine here. Some other teams fans may want him, but I have zero interest.

Laine's work ethic and defensive game both look fine this year. It's only a topic because of previous years.

Domi is only a tough guy when the other guy isn't looking. Not really what you are looking for for the playoffs.

If Marner is 1-2m overpaid, then shouldn't that imply that he isn't worth keeping at his cap hit? If he is more valuable to keep despite his cap hit then shouldn't we say that he is paid appropriately?

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
I know that you're kidding or trolling but I looked it up and Laine has played just one more game than Matthews.

GPGAP
Matthews364221166387
Laine365154129283
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
It's interesting that some people used to debate who was better.

don't worry, psycho_dad is going to be right any day now, ovechkin and matthews are complete bitches!

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Christ the Leafs haven't hurt anyone since 1967. Since than they have been a delight to watch especially during the playoffs.
I wonder why you spend so much time in Leaf related threads, talking about the leafs, talking about their players and fanbases and just generally obsessing on HF about the leafs.

Must be because you dont care about any of it at all!

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I wonder why you spend so much time in Leaf related threads, talking about the leafs, talking about their players and fanbases and just generally obsessing on HF about the leafs.

Must be because you dont care about any of it at all!

no it's because the habs are garbage

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Yup, nobody cares about Toronto so nobody should have these insane impulses to constantly post in threads that have nothing to do with their interests just because it involves the blue and white team. Weird how the same posters always end up there though, usually only hyper focusing on one team.

no it's because the habs are garbage
It must genuinely suck being a habs fan knowing your ownership restricts your team from hiring the best people for the job based on the language they speak and where they come from.

Stuart Little

Nov 13, 2019
THIS WOULD BE GOOD FOR BOTH

Columbus Receives
- Mrazek
- Kerfoot

Leafs Receive
- Korpisalo
- Domi @ 50%

Columbus gets an "extended goalie" who can either start or tandem for them next year - and Kerfoot with TERM

Leafs get the rental of Korpisalo as insurance to Campbell and Domi

- Toronto would save a combined approx 2M

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad