Player Discussion Torey Krug - Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
You hope we can all give him proper respect for being a very good offensive weapon

You are so ****ing kind

Thank you

:laugh: the guy is a solid defender too, I can't why people don't see that. Maybe it's his size or the fact that he gets a lot of points so they just assume he's bad in his own end, but it's not true at all. He's very solid back there.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think people are confusing Krug with Pastrnak. Arguably the most dangerous Bruins player in all 3 zones

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
:laugh: the guy is a solid defender too, I can't why people don't see that. Maybe it's his size or the fact that he gets a lot of points so they just assume he's bad in his own end, but it's not true at all. He's very solid back there.
He's average at worst

There are what 4 Krug dissenters here maybe 5 but at least 4 and it would not suprise me if one guy has a couple of accounts and different names

Every time Krug does something well defensively we will get crickets - mistake we will hear all about it

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I will accept all the Krug, Marchand and Pasta gaffes, versus years of Claude hockey, dump, no chase back up, blah blah blah, vanilla hockey. The odds with them pushing the envelope out weight the occasional bonehead play. Someone has to challenge themselves and the other team. They may screw up on a wide screen TV for all to see but if you ever played the game things happen when you try.

These are the guys that take the risks and the odds work out for the team way more then not. I will take 2 gaffes to see 6 attempts on net, versus playing it safe ala Nash and do nothing much at the end of the day. If you keep shooting off the boards or icing you will never learn how to slip it through someones legs or deke around the blade or use your feet to direct it to someone.

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
Yep, no different than Pasta creating at least a half a dozen great chances but then turning over the puck at the blue line 3 or 4 times. You don't create offense without taking risks, more often than not he makes a great play in transition.

There are big differences, age and experience for two. But the biggest is Kurg is a defenseman and Pastrnak is a froward. Two different job descriptions.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
He's average at worst

There are what 4 Krug dissenters here maybe 5 but at least 4 and it would not suprise me if one guy has a couple of accounts and different names

Every time Krug does something well defensively we will get crickets - mistake we will hear all about it
He is BELOW average. Has he gotten better and make some good D plays here and there now....Yes.

But he is still below average and the truth is he will never get to average because of size. But he is a tremendous passer of the puck in tight space.

But last night with 1 seconds left and the puck at the top of the circles closing in....He passes it instead of shooting.....His shot needs to get better also. Bottom line from me on the guy is at one time i wanted him traded.....Now i believe he has gotten good enough defensively from mid season last year till now to keep. His offensive creativity is too good to trade. But he will get held responsible here for sure...

Reactions: Bun cook

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He is BELOW average. Has he gotten better and make some good D plays here and there now....Yes.

But he is still below average and the truth is he will never get to average because of size. But he is a tremendous passer of the puck in tight space.

But last night with 1 seconds left and the puck at the top of the circles closing in....He passes it instead of shooting.....His shot needs to get better also. Bottom line from me on the guy is at one time i wanted him traded.....Now i believe he has gotten good enough defensively from mid season last year till now to keep. His offensive creativity is too good to trade. But he will get held responsible here for sure...

You lost all credibility when you said, "he will never get to average because of his size". What a useless hot take. Size has nothing to do with it.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
You lost all credibility when you said, "he will never get to average because of his size". What a useless hot take. Size has nothing to do with it.
You are correct, truth is i meant to say positional play. His size could be overcome like Zubov or Roustalainen (sp) , but they had better hockey IQs defensively then Krug. His body positioning is what needs great improvement to make up for his lack of size..I also think with Krug he does not work on it enough or sad to say care enough. He has sand, he should use it more.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
I took a look at every 5'9 and under defenseman to play in the NHL since it was founded and it's quite interesting.

There's 526 recorded seasons played by 5'9 and under D. The output of each of Krug's four full seasons to date are in the top 25 - the best of which is last year's 51 points, which is the 7th best of all-time.

Having a such a niche player on the team will always be jarring for some. But when the lights go down on his career Krug will probably be responsible for 10+ of the top 25 most productive seasons ever played by a 5'9 and under D.

Reactions: PB37

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You are correct, truth is i meant to say positional play. His size could be overcome like Zubov or Roustalainen (sp) , but they had better hockey IQs defensively then Krug. His body positioning is what needs great improvement to make up for his lack of size..I also think with Krug he does not work on it enough or sad to say care enough. He has sand, he should use it more.

How the f*** would you know what Krug works on in practice or what he cares about? It’s just pure, irresponsible speculation on your part. If one wanted to assume anything about Krug, given that he was an undrafted free agent and had to bust his ass just to be noticed and then make the NHL, the assumption would probably be that he cares more than most and his work ethic is better than most, not the opposite.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Who the heck is Roustalainen? Do you mean Ristolainen on Buffalo? He's only 6'4 and over 210 lbs.

Sergei Zubov was 6'1 and 200 lbs. What size issue was he over-coming?

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Um....Why did you choose two defenseman that are over 6'0'' tall? So what you're telling me is you have zero clue what you're talking about. Maybe next time, trying referencing other diminutive defenseman; Vatanen, Spurgeon, Rafalski, Enstrom.... Even still, besides Rafalski, Krug is right there with the other three.

And then you top this "beauty" off by uselessly question Krug's worth ethic and how much he cares. Dear God. This deserves nothing but a :facepalm:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
A little bit before my time, jeez looking at his numbers he must of been pretty good. 28 goals one season as a D-man.

Yeah that was a crazy era. He was prolly the 20th highest scoring d back then lol. he was a "coffey" type no doubt, as teams back then kinda had a rogue "4th forward" during even strength.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
How the **** would you know what Krug works on in practice or what he cares about? It’s just pure, irresponsible speculation on your part. If one wanted to assume anything about Krug, given that he was an undrafted free agent and had to bust his ass just to be noticed and then make the NHL, the assumption would probably be that he cares more than most and his work ethic is better than most, not the opposite.
No speculation here. Just look at the tape. Smae mistakes time and time. Same poor positioning in front of the net.....He was undrafted only because of his size. he is what he is, A dynamic offensive threat who's great strength is his passing ability and ability to creat space on the PP. He has improved slightly defensively but still has the tendency to make extremely poor decisions in the defensive zone as he has all year again to begin this season. Tape. Just watch the tape. It is all there, i just happen to see it and for some reason you dont want to. And thats what makes a horse race......

Reactions: Bun cook

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I noticed it's 5 posters consistently on Krug

Maybe 4 since two posters write the same way and have identical views

It's likely they haven't grasped the game yet and we need to be patient and understanding

Krug does make mistakes though I can count 3 already this early in the season

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
How can you lose something you never had

I've been a member here maybe 20 years and this is the most embarrassing comment I've ever read.

I never thought it would knock off trading a 21 year old Joe Thornton for winding down Jeremy Roenick but it has

At least we know it's all about being short and nothing else

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Um....Why did you choose two defenseman that are over 6'0'' tall? So what you're telling me is you have zero clue what you're talking about. Maybe next time, trying referencing other diminutive defenseman; Vatanen, Spurgeon, Rafalski, Enstrom.... Even still, besides Rafalski, Krug is right there with the other three.

And then you top this "beauty" off by uselessly question Krug's worth ethic and how much he cares. Dear God. This deserves nothing but a :facepalm:
I been wondering what was behind these attacks on Krug for a few months

It's all clear - Height Discrimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad