GDT: torcha6

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
There's a lot of good prospects down there, really.
Geekie seems to make plays without any one outstanding attribute--not the fastest, not the hardest shot, but regularly helping the Checkers win.
If Roy can work with a skating coach and gain 1/2 step, he does everything like an excellent 4th line center.
Bean and Necas look like they will be ready in October.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Really gonna suck to lose Velucci, if we do. I'd really hate to see him go, but this playoff run is probably killing any chances he may have had to move on. By the time the Checkers are done, there won't be any more openings. Could be a good break for us.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if the Red Wings get him by next off-season. I imagine Blashill won't be there if they miss the playoffs again and/or get off to a bad start. Vellucci is from suburban Detroit too, seems like a job he would certainly take if given the chance.

I'd hate for him to leave, but you know it's coming eventually.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That was surreal...that place EXPLODED!!! Lots of adversity in that game. I honestly don't know how good Chicaho or San Diego are, but I kinda feel like we just face our toughest opponent and came out on top.

RECORD CROWD

CALDER CUP FINALS

I was 10 feet from where the celebration grouped up, everyone flooded with ecstasy! Fantastic! They were banging on the glass back at us over there!

Roy is developing very nicely, foot speed still a concern but he could be a good 4th liner (though he'll probably have to compete with Bishop). Geekie is really noticable in so many good ways, as someone said he just makes plays out of nothing.

PK shut them down, I think their only PP goal was the PS goal that I still haven't heard from anybody who saw the "closed hand"

Hoping Goats injury isn't too bad.

Also, our ticket rep screwed up and put our tickets down for Tuesday instead of tonight and they tried to put us in LL (like the last-ish row)...when he found out he made it up to us by moving us to the glass, goal line, attacking zone...we saw the GWG from like 25ft out? EPIC!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Really gonna suck to lose Velucci, if we do. I'd really hate to see him go, but this playoff run is probably killing any chances he may have had to move on. By the time the Checkers are done, there won't be any more openings. Could be a good break for us.

You never know. Torts hasn't been fired in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad