Confirmed with Link: [TOR/WPG] TOR trades Par Lindholm to WPG for Nic Petan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Im pretty sure Dubas is smart enough to let Babcock do his thing, it's only on HFbords and twitter that people think Babcock is jr B coach and doesnt know what he is doing

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
I’m glad we didn’t do anything. This team is not ready to challenge for a cup. We will see what the draft brings and the summer. People need to relax. Look at some of the West power-houses after today, and how Columbus just became a major threat in the East. All is good in TO. Leafs will be just fine.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I’m glad we didn’t do anything. This team is not ready to challenge for a cup. We will see what the draft brings and the summer. People need to relax. Look at some of the West power-houses after today, and how Columbus just became a major threat in the East. All is good in TO. Leafs will be just fine.

Leafs are the 2nd best team in hockey.

Reactions: kb and topched

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Im pretty sure Dubas is smart enough to let Babcock do his thing, it's only on HFbords and twitter that people think Babcock is jr B coach and doesnt know what he is doing
Nobody thinks that. You can't tell me you dont question his decisions at times, and I'm not a Babcock hater. Some of his moves are downright bizarre.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Nobody thinks that. You can't tell me you dont question his decisions at times, and I'm not a Babcock hater. Some of his moves are downright bizarre.

You can totally second guess any and every coach that has ever coached but the coach is the coach. When a coach is doing something I don't understand, I actually think im at fault because im missing something, etc, I then try and figure it out.

Look at this way also, for every option you can think of, he has already thought about it and 10 others you haven't thought about. He has to balance winning while keeping all the players happy and motivated for 82 games. If he was to coach every league game like a playoff game, he would lose them and they will quit on him 60 games in and they would be mentally drained or something.

He has to use his knowledge and experience of 20+ years of coaching and as a teacher and leader to put a team a lineup together that can grind out an for 82 game season.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Gotta loves Babs post game "would love to have a Hyman on each line, but they just don't make them that way" lol

I love Hyman and his engine, don't get me wrong, but I would hate to have one on each line.... oh Babs lol

There are many Hyman engines in the league, and ones that pot a far greater amount of points, they make lot's of them

Reactions: Mork

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
You can totally second guess any and every coach that has ever coached but the coach is the coach. When a coach is doing something I don't understand, I actually think im at fault because im missing something, etc, I then try and figure it out.

Look at this way also, for every option you can think of, he has already thought about it and 10 others you haven't thought about. He has to balance winning while keeping all the players happy and motivated for 82 games. If he was to coach every league game like a playoff game, he would lose them and they will quit on him 60 games in and they would be mentally drained or something.

He has to use his knowledge and experience of 20+ years of coaching and as a teacher and leader to put a team a lineup together that can grind out an for 82 game season.

The easiest thing to do is to play for something or someone bigger than the self. It's how this Christian civilization was built over the years. The team needs to play for sick kids or something more important than the self. Something they can rally around. Ovechkin is a smart man, probably a very good man. People may wonder why he has a cancer kid he works with in Toronto and scores for. It gives purpose and meaning to what he does.

Going to the hospital is one thing. Making public a mission statement and stating your goal is the next step. We're dedicating this to the sick kids, set aside differences, contracts and do it for the kids or whatever they choose.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

I do the same thing in that I try and understand what the coach is thinking. But, at some points you end up simply justifying what they're doing rather than being critical. I cannot understand why he throws the fourth line out after goals for and against. I don't get why that line sees so much ice time down in the third. I dont get why Nylander wasnt on the ice recently when the Leafs were down a goal in the last few minutes. I cannot justify these very simple moves. Why did he only try Muzzin and Rielly for 3 games? His moves are bizarre, as I said before. I'll put more faith in Babs when he earns it.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Happy to see us recoup an asset for a player that wasn't in the future plans. Dubas did a good job not mortgaging the future for mediocre players. Getting rid of a player Babcock liked as well was a nice bonus

Reactions: Kumamon

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Gotta loves Babs post game "would love to have a Hyman on each line, but they just don't make them that way" lol

I love Hyman and his engine, don't get me wrong, but I would hate to have one on each line.... oh Babs lol

There are many Hyman engines in the league, and ones that pot a far greater amount of points, they make lot's of them
I agree with Babcock on this sentiment.
As for the Hyman’s who pot a far greater amount of points: you won’t afford them.

If the 3rd man is a 20/20 guy who forechecks hard, ultimate drive train, plays with heart and heavy, I’ll take that all day.

Johnsson.Matthews.Hyman
Hyman.Tavares.Marner
Hyman.Nylander.Kapanen
Moore(Hyman in training).4C.RW

Now Hyman could be a Gallagher or Anderson or someone heavy with affordable skill.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah, I'd say so too. Besides, if a team that is fifth in the league is not ready to compete, most teams might just give up as soon as the season starts. I have no idea why people think that the team needs to be perfect before you can compete.
Perfect? No. Nobody is.
However, I highly recommend they eliminate the portions (Montreal,Buffalo) 1st period or those type of stretches from their game or they won’t be getting past Boston.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
This was Dubas taking away Lindholm from Babs' cold dead hands. Everybody but the head coach knows that Moore is a much better player than the Swede.

The only power the GM has affecting the lineup is trading players. Babcock has already been a turd by the way he is using Muzzin. I'm sure Dubas isn't happy about it. He thought he traded for a top 2- 3 defenseman.

Dubas did trade for a top 3 d, no “thought he did”’about it. If stubborn babcock prefers Hainsey then that’s in babcock, imo IF (big if) babcock is ever let go pointing to player usage would be a justifiable reason specifically Hainsey

KDOTO

Feb 17, 2018
TDOTO
Lol at people who measure 4th liners by goals
You don't for the most part but what is there to measure lindhom with just look at his name... Par... He was that for his role. I just like 4th liner to have something to them, aggressiveness, hits, size, speed, something, this guy is just blahhhh, a bill burg type. Even their names just sound so AVG but I don't think Par will be hitting 500gms like Bill did.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad