Proposal: TOR TDL Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Leafs would be foolish to give up those assets for Garland. Hes not worth the package and he doesn't really move the needle for the leafs. Hes an ok top 6 winger no more no less.
Garland doesn't have the kind of value you hope he does. Hes a small complimentary winger who is feisty and draws penalties. Kerfoot is better defensively, is out producing him this year, is a better penalty killer, and is a better faster skater. The stats don't lie and they are more important then how Canucks fans feel. Miller is the only availible player on the Canucks worth an over pay.

I mean, that's fine if you think that - Vancouver fans are happy to keep him, we essentially just traded a 9th overall for him. Why would we agree to a trade that isn't a clear win?

Knies or Niemela would move the needle and make JR think; a bunch of lesser parts and a late 1st? Meh. Would much rather keep a young winger on a good long term deal if that is the return.

Last edited:

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
They will look at Kerfoot as a negative cap dump….
this is where the people on this board show a blind hatred to everything Leafs
Kerfoot is as good as, if not better than Garland.
Kerfoot is also 1.4 million cheaper than Garland.
right now, Kerfoot would be the Canucks 4th leading scorer, 7 points better than Garland
...and the Leafs shuffle Kerfoot into every line on a regular basis, and he does well, on every line, and is one of their main PK'ers

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
this is where the people on this board show a blind hatred to everything Leafs
Kerfoot is as good as, if not better than Garland.
Kerfoot is also 1.4 million cheaper than Garland.
right now, Kerfoot would be the Canucks 4th leading scorer, 7 points better than Garland
...and the Leafs shuffle Kerfoot into every line on a regular basis, and he does well, on every line, and is one of their main PK'ers
I'm a Leafs fan, and i agree. Kerfoot isn't a flashy player, but i have zero issue with him on the Leafs. All purpose...kills penalties, can play wing and center and move up and down tyhe lineup.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
I'm a Leafs fan, and i agree. Kerfoot isn't a flashy player, but i have zero issue with him on the Leafs. All purpose...kills penalties, can play wing and center and move up and down tyhe lineup.
I know why he is every trade though, because he is expendable at 3.5, and he's the best option for the Leafs to add anything 1/2 decent salary wise ...I'd sooner move Mikheyev than Kerfoot, dollar for dollar, but, what are you going to add for his cap hit, not much.
I think its inevitable that Kerfoot gets moved for that reason alone, and then all the Leafs fans will lament his loss the way they do Connor Brown now.

Reactions: Marner4Life

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I know why he is every trade though, because he is expendable at 3.5, and he's the best option for the Leafs to add anything 1/2 decent salary wise ...I'd sooner move Mikheyev than Kerfoot, dollar for dollar, but, what are you going to add for his cap hit, not much.
I think its inevitable that Kerfoot gets moved for that reason alone, and then all the Leafs fans will lament his loss the way they do Connor Brown now.
I don't even hate the 3.5 for what he brings....maybe slightly overpaid....but not by much.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I don’t expect much as the deadline approaches. The best we can hope for would be a Nick Leddy and Varlamov/Georgiev for 2 2nd rounders.

Translated? That means we probably see Stetcher and Greiss from Detroit for a 1st round pick and Mrazek. Then Yzerman will flip Mrazek to Holland for 2 2nd rounders.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I mean, that's fine if you think that - Vancouver fans are happy to keep him, we essentially just traded a 9th overall for him. Why would we agree to a trade that isn't a clear win?

Knies or Niemela would move the needle and make JR think; a bunch of lesser parts and a late 1st? Meh. Would much rather keep a young winger on a good long term deal if that is the return.
Your not getting a prospect like knies or niemela atleast not from Toronto. Nick Robertson is playing very well at 2 lw now, hopefully that continues.

Reactions: Just a Fan

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
At this stage Holl > Chara, Leafs say no. Chara is completely fried, he's just a giant pylon, absolutely 0 interest in him.
I'm not commenting on any specific trade proposal, but to say the Leafs (should) have zero interest in Chara is sort of ignoring the value of the intangibles he could bring to a team that has underachieved in the playoffs. For the right price he'd be a smart pickup.

Reactions: Marner4Life

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Chara won’t go to Toronto and the Islanders don’t want/need 1 year worth of Justin Holl. 2 is just way too many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad