Proposal: TOR TDL Moves

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Question then….why are Canucks fans asking for 1st+Lysell from Boston? He isn’t a RHD…

And again, this isn’t me pushing any trade from TO.
The same reason Rangers fan offered Chytil and a 2nd for a 50% retained Miller, or that an LA fan offered JAD and Strand for Provorov, or the reason every Leaf proposal has them getting top 6 talent and trading their extra pieces. I would say most Canucks fans didn't know who Lysell was before he started playing for the Giants. If you can get an over pay of higher valued assets you make that trade. Kerfoot and Dermott are not that.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
You t
To TOR
Connor Garland
Luke Schenn
2022 4th

To VAN
Alex Kerfoot
Travis Dermott
2022 1st
Nick Robertson
B Level Prospect (Kral, Abramov, Kokkonen, etc)

Trade Breakdown -
Kerfoot + 1st + Robertson + B Prospect for Garland and Dermott for Schenn + 4th. I believe this is fair value but I’m open to making changes

To TOR
Zdeno Chara
2022 5th

To NYI
Justin Holl
2023 4th

Trade Breakdown - Holl is a decent top 4 defenceman and really succeeds when playing with a defensively minded partner. Picks are included because Holl does cost more than Chara.

To TOR
Nick Deslauriers

To ANA
Kyle Clifford
C Prospect OR AHL/NHL Fringe Player (Joey Anderson/Brendan Mennel/Carl Dahlstrom, etc)

Trade Breakdown - Clifford is only here for Cap reasons. I would much rather have Deslaurier over Clifford. Deslaurier has been at the top of the league in hits almost every year. He is a UFA at the end of this year and the leafs are unlikely to resign him so this would basically be a rental for the leafs and if Anaheim wants him back they should have no problem doing so in the off-season.

Line Up After Trades

Bunting - Matthews - Marner

Garland - Tavares - Nylander

Mikheyev - Kampf - Kase

Engvall - Spezza - Simmonds

Deslauriers

Rielly - Liljegren

Brodie - Schenn

Sandin - Lyubushkin

Chara

For games that you know are going to be physical you swap out Liljegren and Chara and run

Rielly - Lyubushkin

Sandin - Schenn

Brodie - Chara

and you swap out Spezza and Deslauriers on the 4th line and play

Deslauriers - Engvall - Simmonds

I think this is the best way for the leafs to be harder to play against in the playoffs without sacrificing what makes them the leafs.

Thoughts?
you Toronto fans need to keep Kerfoot out of trade proposals. No one values him remotely the same way you do. If he’s valuable to Toronto, keep him and swap in draft picks and an expiring contract. Or a Kase.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
You t

you Toronto fans need to keep Kerfoot out of trade proposals. No one values him remotely the same way you do. If he’s valuable to Toronto, keep him and swap in draft picks and an expiring contract. Or a Kase.
Garland isn't worth anywhere close to these packages, hes a mediocre top 6 forward who is comparable to kerfoot. Leafs would be foolish to give anything of significance for Garland.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
You think, its only an opinion. Even if Garland did produce a little more kerfoot is better at every other meaningful facet of the game. Garland only has a bit more value because of age, potential, and a longer contract. It would be close to a lateral move for the leafs.

im not on garland side here….

Kerfoot is an average player who is overpaid. If he was making $392M or less it would be different.

his stats are inflated because of where he plays and his linemates. Going to another team hed be luck to reach half his point total. He someone I’d rather use a high drafted low salary ( ELC/ bridge) player and get better ROI. Because of his salary I call him below replacement level. Most teams don’t have the cap space to take his contract.

Garland is younger. He has warts like Kefootdoes

Reactions: Cogburn

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012

Kerfoot is an average player who is overpaid. If he was making $392M or less it would be different.

his stats are inflated because of where he plays and his linemates. Going to another team hed be luck to reach half his point total. He someone I’d rather use a high drafted low salary ( ELC/ bridge) player and get better ROI. Because of his salary I call him below replacement level. Most teams don’t have the cap space to take his contract.

Garland and kerfoot both do things well but are both mediocre players yet people believe Garland is worth a 1st plus top prospect and kerfoot is worth a 3rd. Garland is worth a late first and kerfoot is probably worth a 2nd. These packages being offered for Garland are embarrassing.

Reactions: thusk

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
At this stage Holl > Chara, Leafs say no. Chara is completely fried, he's just a giant pylon, absolutely 0 interest in him. Holl has actually been playing good hockey recently too.

Also I like Garland, but no from me. Over payment for him from our perspective. 1st + Robertson I would consider, but adding Kerfoot and a prospect no thanks. Kerfoot is a fine player for us, on pace for 57 points which is very respectable. Garland just isn't a need for us. For a big body player with the same level of impact, I would be ok with it but we just don't NEED Garland. That opens up another big hole on line 3, Robertson gone out as well so he cant fill that 3rd line role either. Just way too much going out for Garland. Creates more problems than it solves, we lose a prospect, 1st, a legitimate middle 6 winger and a very high end prospect in Robertson.
No issue with any of this

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Garland and kerfoot both do things well but are both mediocre players yet people believe Garland is worth a 1st plus top prospect and kerfoot is worth a 3rd. Garland is worth a late first and kerfoot is probably worth a 2nd. These packages being offered for Garland are embarrassing.

The point is that we have no reason to move Garland, especially with Boeser likely shipped out of here. Canuck fans are asking the moon for him because we have zero reason to trade him and every reason to hold onto him. If a team wants him, they'll have to overpay.

Reactions: Szechwan

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
The point is that we have no reason to move Garland, especially with Boeser likely shipped out of here. Canuck fans are asking the moon for him because we have zero reason to trade him and every reason to hold onto him. If a team wants him, they'll have to overpay.
Thats all well and good. I'm simply saying he doesn't do much for the leafs hence why he is worth so little to to us.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Thats all well and good. I'm simply saying he doesn't do much for the leafs hence why he is worth so little to to us.
Fair enough, but the OP, a Leafs fan, was the one that made the proposal in the first place. Point is that if someone wants a player that the other team is happy with and doesn't want to move, of course the price is going to be sky high.

Personally, I don't see why you guys would be looking for top 6 forwards at all, but hey, I didn't make the proposal.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Doesn't Garland play with "elite 1C worth 5 1st round picks" Miller? Or "better than Matthews" Pettersson? Safe to say his point production will also get cut in half the second he leaves those elite linemates no?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I mean your team is shopping every single player but 3 guys so no you don't have to move him but he is certainly available and if a package like that was offered he would probably already be traded

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Question then….why are Canucks fans asking for 1st+Lysell from Boston? He isn’t a RHD…

And again, this isn’t me pushing any trade from TO.

Canucks basically gave up 9th overall and a second rounder for him 9 months ago (in addition to a bunch of bad contract exchanges-depending on how one sees OEL). The guy is a (midget) warrior and drags the team into the fight on many nights, all while being one of the most skilled players in the team.

I think Kerfoot is a decent little hockey player that just doesn't move the needle in any way for the Canucks. Just a neutral depth player who can manage playing with good players. Smart, decent skill, hard working and versatile. As a cap throw in, I guess, but having his cap and skill set is not something the Canucks need badly enough to move Garland for or will value in any way. Bottom line, he can't be used a value in a trade with this team is the bottom line.

The OP package with the right prospect is not a bad offer, but not because of Kerfoot, that is for sure. Just not sure there is a reason to do it.

I would trade Garland for futures value, probably. Not sure if Lysell or a late 1st makes sense either though- we agree. If management believes in Lysell long term, maybe, but the little elf doesn't need to go anywhere, is signed on a great contract, and adds to the culture here.

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
I mean your team is shopping every single player but 3 guys so no you don't have to move him but he is certainly available and if a package like that was offered he would probably already be traded

Being available and being shopped are two different things. I imagine that if someone was willing to pay a ridiculous price for Garland that JR would be willing to move him, but outside of that, just....why?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Idk... I don't find these to be that off honestly. At the very least a solid attempt by OP.

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017

Kerfoot doesn't get any PP time, plays on the 3rd line, and scores a lot of points on the PK.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Doesn't Garland play with "elite 1C worth 5 1st round picks" Miller? Or "better than Matthews" Pettersson? Safe to say his point production will also get cut in half the second he leaves those elite linemates no?

Actually he usually plays along side "site your sources for your ridiculous quotes" Horvat, and posted better point totals with worse players in Arizona.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

I don't think he's played with J.T. Miller at all this year and he hasn't played much with Pettersson.

When I watch the 'Nucks, he's usually paired with Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson.

Reactions: Szechwan

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I don't think he's played with J.T. Miller at all this year and he hasn't played much with Pettersson.

When I watch the 'Nucks, he's usually paired with Bo Horvat and Tanner Pearson.

He spent over a 3rd of his total icetime on lines with Pettersson or Miller. I don't see how Kerfoot's scoring is doomed to regress more than Garland's is. The Tavares line has been struggling most of the year, they're not carrying Kerfoot any more than Garland's linemates are carrying him.

Reactions: Just a Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad