Confirmed with Link: TOR sign F Zach Aston-Reese to a PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Dubas has more cap than any GM in the next 2 years. That's because he stays away from paying guys like Mikheyev 4.75 per..
But he did however pay his 2nd line C 11 million a year. Say what you want about other GMs, but many of them don't pay their 2nd line C 11 million.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
But he did however pay his 2nd line C 11 million a year.
He paid an elite 1C UFA that.
Many Leaf fans don't feel this team is close
Many Leaf fans are wrong.
and Kyle continues to mortgage the future in a way that Fletcher (interim Fletcher), JFJ, and Burke did.
He hasn't mortgaged the future. Our future looks very bright - in fact, better than most competitive teams. And unlike those GMs, the team is in a place where utilizing future assets is fully justified.
If I were to choose the long term success of the Leafs (winning in the playoffs), vs. Kyle Dubas. I would choose the former. Sorry.
They're not mutually exclusive.

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
But he did however pay his 2nd line C 11 million a year. Say what you want about other GMs, but many of them don't pay their 2nd line C 11 million.
He's a #1 C tough. He's also paying a guy 950K for 63 points.
Overpaying support talent is much worse than a John Tavares contract. I mean those signings on free agency day in July jesus.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

Dubas can't pay Mikheyev, Hyman , Soup, and Lub what other team can and that might be a good thing.

As much as I loved signing Tavares, his cap hit is a bitch. Might be different if he can put up the numbers he did in his first year as a Leaf.

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
Dubas can't pay Mikheyev, Hyman , Soup, and Lub what other team can and that might be a good thing.

As much as I loved signing Tavares, his cap hit is a bitch. Might be different if he can put up the numbers he did in his first year as a Leaf.
I think Dubas decides not to give them the deals. He could have afforded Hyman. He spent the $ elsewhere. He's not a GM that will give a 29 year-old 8 years that hasn't hit 50 points with elite talent yet.
Overpaying support talent is really dumb.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
He's a #1 C tough. He's also paying a guy 950K for 63 points.
Overpaying support talent is much worse than a John Tavares contract. I mean those signings on free agency day in July jesus.
He's not a number 1 C. His ice time is less than Toronto's number 1 C. He does not play on the 1st line, and Matthews on the 2nd line. I do not live in your reality.

He's not "tough" either. ;)

Reactions: justashadowof

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
We hear this stuff every year and it works out fine. In 2 summers he's loaded with cap
If meeting the cap requirements is working out fine, then every NHL team every year works out fine. The team's depth of talent has been shrinking. The team's overall improvement is on the back of the maturation of its star forwards.

In 2 summers the future GM of the Leafs will be loaded with cap space if and only if he allows Matthews and Nylander to walk.

Reactions: ToneDog and hotpaws

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
He paid an elite 1C UFA that.

Many Leaf fans are wrong.

He hasn't mortgaged the future. Our future looks very bright - in fact, better than most competitive teams. And unlike those GMs, the team is in a place where utilizing future assets is fully justified.

They're not mutually exclusive.
People who have different opinions than yours are not "wrong". When you get a little older you'll understand this concept.

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
If meeting the cap requirements is working out fine, then every NHL team every year works out fine. The team's depth of talent has been shrinking. The team's overall improvement is on the back of the maturation of its star forwards.

In 2 summers the future GM of the Leafs will be loaded with cap space if and only if he allows Matthews and Nylander to walk.
Has it? Or are we overrating guys who leave? Because 115 points last year was by far the most ever in history for the franchise, and that's with bottom 5 goaltending.
He's not allowing Matthews or Nylander to walk.

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
People who have different opinions than yours are not "wrong". When you get a little older you'll understand this concept.
You seem to believe a Tavares at 11 is worse than some 3rd liner at 5 million. Ok...

He's not a number 1 C. His ice time is less than Toronto's number 1 C. He does not play on the 1st line, and Matthews on the 2nd line. I do not live in your reality.

He's not "tough" either. ;)
He's very clearly a #1 C. That's like saying Malkin was a #2 C. He was 15th in scoring among centres with 2nd line usage.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You seem to believe a Tavares at 11 is worse than some 3rd liner at 5 million. Ok...

He's very clearly a #1 C. That's like saying Malkin was a #2 C. He was 15th in scoring among centres with 2nd line usage.
No stop putting me into an either or conversation. A GM has the freedom to build a team anyway they feel. Dubas has his way, and other GMs have theirs. A GM can pay 2 forwards 5.5 million to play C or the wing. A GM can pay 3 forwards 3 million, 4 million, and 4 million. A GM can pay 4 forwards 2.75 million each. A GM can pay a 2nd line C 8 million, and a 2nd LW 3 million. A GM can pay 1x 1st line LW 6 million, and a 2nd line C 5 million. A GM can pay a 2nd line LW 3.8 million, a 2nd line C 6.1 million, and a 2nd line RW 1.1 million...

Malkin is Pittsburgh's number 2 center. Sidney Crosby is Pittsburgh's number 1 center.

Correct. People who have different opinions are not automatically wrong. People who have wrong opinions that aren't and can't be supported are wrong.
No. You cannot accuse people of unsupported opinions based solely on the fact that they go against yours.

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
No stop putting me into an either or conversation. A GM has the freedom to build a team anyway they feel. Dubas has his way, and other GMs have theirs. A GM can pay 2 forwards 5.5 million to play C or the wing. A GM can pay 3 forwards 3 million, 4 million, and 4 million. A GM can pay 4 forwards 2.75 million each. A GM can pay a 2nd line C 8 million, and a 2nd LW 3 million. A GM can pay 1x 1st line LW 6 million, and a 2nd line C 5 million. A GM can pay a 2nd line LW 3.8 million, a 2nd line C 6.1 million, and a 2nd line RW 1.1 million...

Malkin is Pittsburgh's number 2 center. Sidney Crosby is Pittsburgh's number 1 center.
So we'll never call Malkin a #1 C? Even when he' sin the HHOF?

justashadowof

Aug 15, 2020
Has it? Or are we overrating guys who leave? Because 115 points last year was by far the most ever in history for the franchise, and that's with bottom 5 goaltending.
The results of last year's team weren't even in the top 10 of Leafs' teams in history. Just another 1st round choke job.

You know how to overcome "bottom 5 goaltending"? Apparently it's by acquiring more bottom of the league goaltending from the scrap heap.

He's not allowing Matthews or Nylander to walk.

Then he doesn't have "loads of cap space in 2 years." Duh doh.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Our depth sucks while they're here. Then they leave, get paid big money by other teams, and we're screwed because that depth was actually great, but of course all of the depth players that replaced them suck. Rinse and repeat.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

If Dubas' roster architecture idea was to mirror the Penguins then I'm afraid he's failed. The salary structure is there, but the results are a lot different would you say?

KyleDubasBoyGenius

Sep 13, 2022
Our depth sucks while they're here. Then they leave, get paid big money by other teams, and we're screwed because that depth was actually great, but of course all of the depth players that replaced them suck. Rinse and repeat.
I recall how Kapanen was going to play with Crosby and do big things. Jonson has had like 1 good half a season in 3 years since leaving.
Reality is, the guys on the team now are scoring as much or more than the depth who left and no one notices.

The results of last year's team weren't even in the top 10 of Leafs' teams in history. Just another 1st round choke job.

You know how to overcome "bottom 5 goaltending"? Apparently it's by acquiring more bottom of the league goaltending from the scrap heap.

Then he doesn't have "loads of cap space in 2 years." Duh doh.
Are they getting 20 million per?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
No. The support is there. I'm getting "likes" throughout my HF Board Career. You must get a few too.
There seems to be a misunderstanding. "Support" in this context means factually justified, not also believed by somebody else on an internet message board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad