Proposal: TOR-PHI 6 Player Deal Giroux and Nylander the main pieces

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ForSpareParts*

TOR decides that their winning window is sooner. PHI sees their winning window as later.

To TOR
Giroux
Del Zotto
Mason

To PHI
Nylander
Kadri
Nielsen

PHI gains a talented playmaker (Nylander) for many years, center depth for many years, and a future Right handed D.

Toronto gets their top C while Matthews develops at 2C. Del Zotto plays with Rielly on the top line. TOR gets their back-up goalie.

DarylO

Jun 16, 2011
Lindsay, ON
Toronto passes. No interest in mortgaging the future for spinning our wheels now.

They don't have the supporting cast to compete. Continue to draft and develop, stay the course.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Aren't Nylander and Kadri slotted down the middle for the next 5+ years?

Babcock rarely favors backups - he'll ride his #1 into the ground; having said that, Toronto's need for a backup will likely be proportional to his expected use; which is to say, not a whole lot.

MDZ playing on the top line is a bold move; Definitely not the correct one, but a bold one.....

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Did the Flyers draft Claude Giroux's not-as-talented little brother in the 6th round or something? A Jamie/Jordie Benn situation perhaps?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
TOR decides that their winning window is sooner. PHI sees their winning window as later.

To TOR
Giroux
Del Zotto
Mason

To PHI
Nylander
Kadri
Nielsen

PHI gains a talented playmaker (Nylander) for many years, center depth for many years, and a future Right handed D.

Toronto gets their top C while Matthews develops at 2C. Del Zotto plays with Rielly on the top line. TOR gets their back-up goalie.
you forgot to add Matthews. Not just being snarky either.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Why stop at Matthews for Giroux?

Should be more like Matthews, Rielly, Marner and a 1st for Giroux.

High five philly fans!

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, if Toronto decided they had to have Giroux, then Philadelphia would be adamant about the deal involving Matthews. Accepting anything less than a prospective generational superstar would get management crucified, even taking into account what Toronto's prospect pool looks like.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Not the 1st time someone posted a horrible trade between Philly and Toronto ;)

Yeah, the irony here is pretty delicious.

Terrible value for Philly. Like, atrocious. I can see why Toronto fans would like to just stay the course as well.

That being said, Having Giroux for a little while, as your 1C, and Matthews as your 2C, then swapping in a few years would be a dream scenario, and before the Flyers went on a tear last year, is what i had dreams about.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Who is Nielsen? :laugh:

He's just hanging there :laugh:

Anyway, a ****ing horrible proposal. I wonder if people have actually forgotten that proven commodities are, you know, a hell of a lot more valuable than prospects. Especially if they happen to be one of the top forwards of the league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Left handed shot Defensemen Andrew Nielsen I assume.
Will be playing defense in his 1st pro season with the Marlies. Drafted 65th overall in the 3rd round in 2015.

What am I missing here... he's from the CHL, so how can he be eligible for the AHL yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad