Proposal: TOR-NSH

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To Toronto: Filip Forsberg, Mattias Ekholm, 1st round pick

To Nashville: Mitch Marner, Justin Holl
No way Preds do this. The unprotected 1st is particularly galling here. Marner. Great player, still an awful contract for a guy that’s crapped his pants in the post season. He’d be on a lottery team In Nashville after this brutal trade.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
This makes the Leafs a worse team this year which is all that is important to them and should be. Marner is infinitely better than Forsberg. Makes no sense for them. It also is a bad deal for Nashville as I have no idea why they would be trading their first rd pick as they look to be a lottery team. Trade make 0 sense whatsoever

Michael HOMERUNing

Feb 24, 2019
A 1st line two-way winger, top 4D and a 1st while getting out of that contact of Marner and Leaf fans will be coming out to say not close. Love HF.
Marner's contract is bad but I guarantee you neither fans nor management are looking to "get out of it".

As for the trade it's a tempting one for sure

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Something much smaller like the Leafs first and a prospect for Forsberg makes some sense if money is retained and the Leafs decide to go that way. I wouldn't do it as I think the Leafs did pickup the secondary scoring they need in the off season but I could see it happening.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner is to good of a player to give up for two older players one being injury prone. Both press players are really good but I'd much prefer Marner.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
This makes the Leafs a worse team this year which is all that is important to them and should be. Marner is infinitely better than Forsberg. Makes no sense for them. It also is a bad deal for Nashville as I have no idea why they would be trading their first rd pick as they look to be a lottery team. Trade make 0 sense whatsoever
Forsberg has 11 goals and 16 points in 16 games. How is Marner infinitely better?

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Don’t understand the incentive for the leafs here
Seriously? They get a ppg winger that's cheaper than the one they send back, a top pairing defense and a 1st that's earlier than theirs for a 1st line winger and a prospect.

EDIT: Holl isn't even a prospect he's a 29y old defenseman who's never hit more than 20 points.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad