Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Michael Bunting signs with the Maple Leafs (2 years, $900k AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
One could say Tavares hasn't been worth his contract. That's definitely something that can be debated.

But....imagine having Matthews as your go to #1C. He gets hurt. Not available. Now you've got your #2 C (Kadri) getting suspended in the postseason.

Now...you've got no centers.

If Kadri had no history of suspensions, and had a great playoff resume, I'm not so sure they sign Tavares.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Troll attempt denied. Burr is in the ring of honour for a reason.

A high motor high IQ player that on his own probably wouldn’t really bring much to any given line, but when paired with the right offensive players, he makes them a hell of a lot better. I’ve never seen Matthews and Marner grind as much as they have this season, and that’s all because of the example Bunting has set. He’s also smart enough and fast enough to see the plays that your superstars are making as they happen.

There are reasons Burrows wasn't a scrub.

Being inducted into the Canucks Ring of Honour with guys like Ohlund isn't one of them.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Meh, he is declining and he has not made a difference for Leafs success in the playoffs so far. 11M for a 2nd line C is too much
There is a strong case to be made that him being out was the difference in the first round last year.

He is overpaid but that was the price to get him and he is still an elite player who would be extremely hard to replace.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Not worth the time arguing with people on this. You know it was an amazing signing when people can only say "but but what about [insert irrelevant things here]!!"

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Add drafting Matthew Knies, Topi Niemla, Nick Robertson, Nick Abruzze, Roni Hirvonen. All picks in the 2nd-4th rounds.
Every team in the NHL has guys like this, Later round picks who are playing above their draft slot. Until they do at the NHL level, it doesn't mean a thing.

Reactions: nturn06

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
Every team in the NHL has guys like this, Later round picks who are playing above their draft slot. Until they do at the NHL level, it doesn't mean a thing.
The Leafs have 4 top 50 prospects and only 1 was drafted in the 1st round. There are 32 teams in the NHL. If every team were to have 3 top 50 prospects who weren’t first rounders that would be 96 players.

How many current top 50 prospects aren’t first rounders? 10-15? The Leafs have 3 of them. That is great drafting and not something every team has.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
The Leafs have 4 top 50 prospects and only 1 was drafted in the 1st round. There are 32 teams in the NHL. If every team were to have 3 top 50 prospects who weren’t first rounders that would be 96 players.

How many current top 50 prospects aren’t first rounders? 10-15? The Leafs have 3 of them. That is great drafting and not something every team has.

What does top 50 prospect mean here? According to who?

I have seen some top 50 prospects lists for NHL where the Leafs have 0 prospects in top 50...

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax

I have seen some top 50 prospects lists for NHL where the Leafs have 0 prospects in top 50...
The most recent list I could find by The Hockey Writers from Jan 11. I’d say there lowest prospect on that list Matthew Knies would actually move up now. Would be interested to see the list you reference where they have 0.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004

I'll call you out on that, please post a link, and I hope its not a fan blog with today's date

Reactions: phil4433

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
Michael Bunting is a soon to be 26-year-old who has played 26 games in his entire career. He had an extremely short run with a ridiculous shooting percentage. Now he's supposed to be a top 6 winger on a "contender"? Desperation. Good luck with it!

Can I borrow some of your lucky charms?

Reactions: Metroid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad