Confirmed with Link: [TOR/FLA] Denis Malgin for Mason Marchment

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Anyone got the book on this guy? Mason wasn't cutting it at the NHL level but was surely doing fine in the AHL no?

Perhaps sign of bigger things to come?

Fast skater that's dealt with some injuries. A lot of NHL experience already.

Marchment was also always injured and his skating really will hold him back.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I remember Malgin because it always sounds like they're saying Malkin :laugh:

No winner, no loser in this trade IMO. Just a whatever move to acquire a NHL player rather than an AHL player in Marchment with potential to be in the NHL. If anything, this might signify that a trade for our bottom-6 forwards is coming.

Hawrlyuk was on waivers a few days ago but was picked up by Ottawa right away ... Would have been nice to have a super energetic forward like that (similar to T.Moore) that can play C.

Reactions: Warden of the North

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
It actually matters a lot when you want to build a roster that can play a diversified game in a supposed playoff drive. Like someone who can attack on a forecheck with speed and size to turn defensemen on a trap around to recover a puck. But let’s not actually talk about hockey tactics when we can talk about skill vs size dichotomies.

But that doesn't change anything as to gaining a NHL player versus a non-NHL player, right? That's what happened. We've had almost zero scoring depth in these past couple weeks. I think they were hoping Aberg could get hot or provide some scoring a little bit but that didn't work out so I think they wanted to add speed and some skill.

We just acquired Clifford, inserted Engvall and Korshkov over the past couple weeks. We even tried out Marchment too. Pretty sure our problem isn't size or physicality too much.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
It actually matters a lot when you want to build a roster that can play a diversified game in a supposed playoff drive. Like someone who can attack on a forecheck with speed and size to turn defensemen on a trap around to recover a puck. But let’s not actually talk about hockey tactics when we can talk about skill vs size dichotomies.
Marchment was up with the leafs and didn't have speed to go with the size and limited upside. Malgin actually has NHL potential

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Marchment wasn't going to amount to anything with us not on a Dubas team.

Malgin is interesting let's give him a chance maybe he gets a shot to Center the 3rd line here.

Reactions: ToneDog

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
High Tower.

I have a bigger smile now than even Dubas. I just love this guy and my new outlook on Leafs fan life. I am so happy

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Looks like Dubas was pissed he was forced into taking some size. He needed to make this pint sized deal.

Yeah ... Can't believe he was force to play Muzzin, Clifford, Korkshov, Engvall, Gauthier in his lineup.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Shoots right.

5'9", 177 lbs.

Strange fellow that Dubas is.

Denis Malgin Bio (From NHL.com)

The Swiss forward, a natural center, showed his versatility in 2017-18 by spending time as a wing. He finished with 22 points (11 goals, 11 assists) in his second NHL season. Ten of his 11 goals either tied the game or gave the Florida Panthers the lead. His first goal came on Nov. 28, when he scored with 1:09 remaining in the third period to give the Panthers a 5-4 victory against the New York Rangers on Nov. 28.

Malgin was selected by the Panthers in the fourth round (No. 102) of the 2015 NHL Draft. He was 19 when he made his NHL debut on Oct. 13, 2016, in Florida's season-opener against the New Jersey Devils and got his first NHL point, an assist, two nights later against the Detroit Red Wings. He scored his first NHL goal against the Boston Bruins on Nov. 1, 2016, and finished his rookie season with 10 points (six goals, four assists) in 47 games.

He has represented Switzerland in international tournaments from 2015 through 2017 and was named to the 2015 IIHF World U-18 Championship All-Star Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad