Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] F Max Domi signs extension with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
And we have people on this site who try to gaslight leaf fans that they have a ‘persecution complex’ lmao

Save the gaslighting for your wives and girlfriends, we aren’t idiots here
If they have girlfriends and wives, maybe the lack of female attention is the reason for all this hate and gaslighting.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Liked him more than Bertuzzi, so I'm glad he's the one that's staying. Domi belongs in Toronto.

That's a great cap hit for what he brings, too! I'm thrilled.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Tampa made pretty damn good trades, no need for grumpiness lol
It has nothing to do with that. It has all to do with Taxes. YOU SHOULD KNOW THIS! This injustice needs to be corrected and fixed. We need our hero and saviour, the Weeping Wonder, Legion34 to bring back fairness and Make NHL Great Again.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Could turn out to be one of the better contract in the league, in the best case scenario

He already has a 70+ points season under his belt and 3.75 is kinda cheap

Reactions: Phion Keneuf

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Don’t understand Leafs’ love for Max Domi. He’s going to be bad for half of those years. Sum is less than the parts.
Yeah, I don't get why Leafs fans think this is good.

He was an afterthought bargain-bin purchase last summer. He basically doesn't meaningfully improve or change his game in any way. And now they give him term? How is that good? He's still a pass-only, defensively deficient center that no coach wants to run as their 3C.

Mar 12, 2009

He was an afterthought bargain-bin purchase last summer. He basically doesn't meaningfully improve or change his game in any way. And now they give him term? How is that good? He's still a pass-only, defensively deficient center that no coach wants to run as their 3C.
Just as many non Leaf fans saying they think it's good.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

The Leafs ran him as 1RW last year. Being pass-only playing with Matthews is not a bad thing and allows them to move Marner elsewhere. I don't love the term but Domi is legitimately a top 10 passer in the league by primary rate so he still has value for that despite his other flaws.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Personally I think this might be the bargain deal of UFA for the Leafs.

Yes, he has warts in his game, but with the way the Leafs roster shapes up -- specifically having Matthews who is obviously not only the best goalscorer, but a very solid defensive player; creates several perfect roles for Domi.

It might be as a winger with Auston Matthews; where if he continues as he did towards the end of the season, would have a decent chance to set new career highs. It could also be in a #2/3C. Obviously he doesn't have the defensive game to be your typical #3 shutdown C, but with Matthews taking a ton of best-on-best matchups, if Tavares' eventual replacement is a little more defensive minded, it's likely a great fit.

I personally also like the fit alongside William Nylander.

Plus, you get a guy in what should be the absolute prime of his career, with the security of a multi-year deal. He's obviously bounced around a ton -- he can now begin to develop some long term chemistry.

From a contract standpoint, a guy that has a really good chance to put up 60 points for under $4m is a steal. If it doesn't work out in a year or two, it's an easy contract to move. You look at the deal Bertuzzi got... and to me, I'd probably take Domi over Bertuzzi on equal contracts.

Last edited:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Good deal for Domi to finally find a home, the Leafs were his 7th NHL team for a 29 year old. This is a lot of moving around. He also got a modified no trade clause.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00