Confirmed Trade: [TOR/DAL] Chris Tanev for Max Ellis, 2026 7th round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ameselare

Mar 30, 2024
vancouver
Tanev went from being an amazing playoff D on Dallas to being absolutely worthless in Toronto.

Gotta love the leaf haters!
Seriously lol. Yes he's getting older but he's still a great player. It's not like the Leafs are some super young team just trying to make the playoffs, they're supposed to be contenders. Matthews was drafted 8 years ago!

Bond

May 10, 2012
Tanev went from being an amazing playoff D on Dallas to being absolutely worthless in Toronto.

He’s a fine signing at the right price and term but he’ll probably LTIRetire on a long deal anyways

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I just don’t want tanev

He’s too old imo, so I don’t want to give him a long term deal

1-2 years max. I guess we can give him brodies 5

Reactions: BraveCanadian

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
This would have been a great get for Toronto 5 years ago.
Perhaps the Leafs should've went after Tanev rather than Brodie back in 2020. Now? Lets just hope he can stay healthy and has a few good years left in him.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I just don’t want tanev

He’s too old imo, so I don’t want to give him a long term deal

1-2 years max. I guess we can give him brodies 5
Why not give a longterm deal? It drives down AAV and lets us get other important pieces

Tanev knows why Toronto is giving him 6-7 years, he'll enjoy his ride into the sunset with millions entering his account for nothing

Reactions: AvroArrow

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas

I actually love the persecution complex from Leafs fans more. 34 year old rental being a great add for a division leading playoff team makes sense; soon to be 35 year old getting an 8 year (or just long term) contract… makes less sense. Really doesn’t have a whole lot to do with the teams unless you have a perpetual victim complex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad