Proposal: Tor - Col

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Without knowing Byram's concussion status, not sure why TO would consider this. I assume Avs pass as well.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Lmao Colorado says no but I'm sure Leafs fans won't hesitate to tell you how good their players in this trade are.

Nylander is easily the best player in this trade offer

Regardless, these teams are not good trade partners. Both want to contend for the cup and both should keep their core pieces and be looking to trade draft picks/prospects to bolster their roster for a deep run.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
No from me too I believe in Byram's recovery but I would also say no if I was a Leafs fan. Too much uncertainty on Byram you could basically trade Nylander who still has 2 years left after this one, Holl, Dermott and Robertson for a pending UFA in Burakovsky, Tyson Jost lol.. and Kaut meh.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
Lmao Colorado says no but I'm sure Leafs fans won't hesitate to tell you how good their players in this trade are.

*Looks at profile*

Must be tough when there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

Leafs say no, we’re not trading the best player in the deal.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Love Byram, but Nylander is far more vital to our team and by far the best player in this deal. It's an easy no even with Colorado trading good/great pieces.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Nylander is easily the best player in this trade offer

Regardless, these teams are not good trade partners. Both want to contend for the cup and both should keep their core pieces and be looking to trade draft picks/prospects to bolster their roster for a deep run.

I'm no leaf fan but I wouldn't trade Nylander and his sweet contract alone for that package.

Maybe you could enlighten folks as to how Nylander isn't good then?

Nylander is awesome…the Leafs obviously wouldn’t touch this.

*Looks at profile*

Must be tough when there’s no light at the end of the tunnel.

Leafs say no, we’re not trading the best player in the deal.

All very typical Leaf responses. I never said Nylander wasn't good, I think he's great, he is currently the best player in this trade and hes on a very good contract.

However the base of this trade is 2 more years of Nylander vs 6+ of Byram, and that isn't even a question for me. I take Byram all day every day.

Reactions: Patagonia

Avs44

May 16, 2011
All very typical Leaf responses. I never said Nylander wasn't good, I think he's great, he is currently the best player in this trade and hes on a very good contract.

However the base of this trade is 2 more years of Nylander vs 6+ of Byram, and that isn't even a question for me. I take Byram all day every day.
Yes. I am a Leafs fan. With a “typical Leaf response.” You got me. I have been pretending to be an Avalanche fan all of these years, but in reality I’ve just been undercover and pushing the Big Leaf agenda.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

I never said you said Nylander wasn't good ?

I think both teams keep their guys. Like I said in my OP, both teams are looking to add guys to their current core, not move their core pieces. Toronto/Colorado are not good trade partners.

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022

You'd take an injured Byram who is taking time away with no timeline of a return due to concussion issues all day every day? Good attempt at a save there fella....

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
Yes. I am a Leafs fan. With a “typical Leaf response.” You got me. I have been pretending to be an Avalanche fan all of these years, but in reality I’ve just been undercover and pushing the Big Leaf agenda.
About time you came out!!!

Reactions: Avs44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad